NYCT Bus orders through 2019

East New York

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

The information available is in the Title Post of the Bus Ops thread, and was updated again today. 

Let's at least wait until the buses are near delivery before we start talking about depot assignments. Its not too hard to tell where buses will likely wind up.

Xcelsiors - Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens

Novas - Bronx, Queens, SI

The information available is in the Title Post of the Bus Ops thread, and was updated again today.

Let's at least wait until the buses are near delivery before we start talking about depot assignments. Its not too hard to tell where buses will likely wind up.

Xcelsiors - Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens

Novas - Bronx, Queens, SI

Manhattan didn't really get anything yet, so I'm assuming that once the orders kick in, the 40fters at Quill (no speculation intended) will likely be XDs since they used them before.

One more thing I will say is that since the Bronx knows how to use XD60s, there could be a chance XDs will be in the bronx too.

Manhattan didn't really get anything yet, so I'm assuming that once the orders kick in, the 40fters at Quill (no speculation intended) will likely be XDs since they used them before.

One more thing I will say is that since the Bronx knows how to use XD60s, there could be a chance XDs will be in the bronx too.

They could also get Novas. Just remember that a Nova(0055) was tested on the M66 a few years back and made it through the transverse without an issue. Also, the 40ft Novas are literally just a short version of the artics, just with a readjusted driver's area. I kinda do not see them taking a chance with the Xcelsiors, mostly because of how they sway on turns.

Anything can happen. At this rate, we just gotta sit tight and watch what will hit the fan. I can kinda see Manhattanville(or Hale) getting them before Quill does....

They could also get Novas. Just remember that a Nova(0055) was tested on the M66 a few years back and made it through the transverse without an issue. Also, the 40ft Novas are literally just a short version of the artics, just with a readjusted driver's area. I kinda do not see them taking a chance with the Xcelsiors, mostly because of how they sway on turns.

Anything can happen. At this rate, we just gotta sit tight and watch what will hit the fan. I can kinda see Manhattanville(or Hale) getting them before Quill does....

I actually took the M66 this morning to make my way over to the express buses on Madison, and the RTS I got ran well considering how old it is, but those buses need to go.  They've gotten their use and then some.

I actually took the M66 this morning to make my way over to the express buses on Madison, and the RTS I got ran well considering how old it is, but those buses need to go. They've gotten their use and then some.

We already know how they need to go but looking at how old the 96's are, we may see these newer RTS's in service until 2019. A few years ago at this point I thought only the 1999's would still be around but we still have a good amount of them left.

I actually took the M66 this morning to make my way over to the express buses on Madison, and the RTS I got ran well considering how old it is, but those buses need to go.  They've gotten their use and then some.

It's Quill, they take good care of those buses.

They're gonna be around for a few more years, especially since their bodies are in good shape. To think the oldest Low Floor CNGs and Low Floor Hybrids will be retired first before the RTS!

This one has been widely debated between Grand Av(Engineering HQ), Quill(Manhattan HQ) and ENY(Surface HQ). As of right now the verdict is Xcelsiors for Manhattan, and the RTS' will be there fore the foreseeable future. 

The issue is that both the Xcelsior and the LFS can fit under there. However, it is a tight fit. The LFS stands 5 inches taler than the RTS, and the XD's which are 2 inches taller than the LFS' come in at 10.5'. But as you said anything can happen. It is however a fact that the new hybrids will go to Manhattan. The LFS is a possibility, but as of now its supposed to be Xcelsior.

Longest lasting bus worldwide. MTA isn't ready to rid Manhattan of it's staple of transit history just yet. For example, Quill has 9357 only because its a Veteran favorite. Not because its needed. They would have take 5000 series buses. But they wanted 9357. I mean, I would too!  B-)

This one has been widely debated between Grand Av(Engineering HQ), Quill(Manhattan HQ) and ENY(Surface HQ). As of right now the verdict is Xcelsiors for Manhattan, and the RTS' will be there fore the foreseeable future. 

The issue is that both the Xcelsior and the LFS can fit under there. However, it is a tight fit. The LFS stands 5 inches taler than the RTS, and the XD's which are 2 inches taller than the LFS' come in at 10.5'. But as you said anything can happen. It is however a fact that the new hybrids will go to Manhattan. The LFS is a possibility, but as of now its supposed to be Xcelsior.

Longest lasting bus worldwide. MTA isn't ready to rid Manhattan of it's staple of transit history just yet. For example, Quill has 9357 only because its a Veteran favorite. Not because its needed. They would have take 5000 series buses. But they wanted 9357. I mean, I would too!  B-)

I'm very much anticipating the hybrid order above all else....definitely hoping them buses will come with the new BAE system.

Longest lasting bus worldwide. MTA isn't ready to rid Manhattan of it's staple of transit history just yet. For example, Quill has 9357 only because its a Veteran favorite. Not because its needed. They would have take 5000 series buses. But they wanted 9357. I mean, I would too! B-)

Why is 9357 a veteran favorite?

Why is 9357 a veteran favorite?

Cause its a beat! Lots of the Vets love it. This one old timer always tries to take it out on the M9 morning runs. My Homie (Acela Express) just transferred out of Quill this pick and his response when I asked him if he ever got it was a "No......... smh."

Everyone tries to get their hands on that thing, and I can understand why. I ran into it last week on the Lower East side. Fire!!!

Cause its a beat! Lots of the Vets love it. This one old timer always tries to take it out on the M9 morning runs. My Homie (Acela Express) just transferred out of Quill this pick and his response when I asked him if he ever got it was a "No......... smh."

Everyone tries to get their hands on that thing, and I can understand why. I ran into it last week on the Lower East side. Fire!!!

I'm thinking it might be one of the buses that they forgot to reset the speed limiter on...

Archived