MNRR employment question.

Articulated450

My oldest son Took the exam for the track worker position back in february. A week or two after they called and said he passed the exam and that they will conduct a background check. He had to sign up on a site to conduct the background check, everything came back great. Its been a few months now does anyone have an idea on what can happen next? Hes been waiting for a call for sometime i know these things can take a while a year+ even.  Just looking for some insight. Thanks in advance.

I guess once the background check is completed he goes on the call list. What number he is I'm not sure. MNRR tends to take their time. He might called soon or later. Like you said it can take weeks up to +1 years.

Plenty of incompetent people apply to the (MTA) so if there are enough of those types ahead of him, he should be called rather quickly.  :lol:

Hopefully he doesn't have to wait a year because then his application in the hiring pool expires. Tell him to atleast call his recruiter and ask small questions like when is the next class and what is my status. A call here and there wouldn't hurt. Also it keeps you intune to what is going on. Recruiters are like swinging doors when it comes to the RR's.They come and go. Good luck and stay on top of it.

Hopefully he doesn't have to wait a year because then his application in the hiring pool expires. Tell him to atleast call his recruiter and ask small questions like when is the next class and what is my status. A call here and there wouldn't hurt. Also it keeps you intune to what is going on. Recruiters are like swinging doors when it comes to the RR's.They come and go. Good luck and stay on top of it.

I told him about giving the recruiter a call he says he called the number they gave him in the email they sent him. He said they wouldnt give him his application status over the phone. I dont know if the number they gave him is the right one to be calling about the status or not.  He tried looking for a recruiting number online but couldnt find one.

I told him about giving the recruiter a call he says he called the number they gave him in the email they sent him. He said they wouldnt give him his application status over the phone. I dont know if the number they gave him is the right one to be calling about the status or not. He tried looking for a recruiting number online but couldnt find one.

Whoever contacted him first about the job is his recruiter. That person usually gives him their name and contact number.That person is in charge of his application and status.

The MTA Business Service Center is the entity responsible the initial recruiting process including applications, testing, back ground check and, if I remember correctly, scheduling interviews. Metro North's recruiters then take over the "hands on" portion of the process and conduct the interviews, medical, etc.

The MTA Business Service Center is the entity responsible the initial recruiting process including applications, testing, back ground check and, if I remember correctly, scheduling interviews. Metro North's recruiters then take over the "hands on" portion of the process and conduct the interviews, medical, etc.

Alright thanks man gonna see if I can find a number for them always appreciate any input

Archived