n19 or n72 last run 10:30pm or 10:45pm

DS4Ever

Hey i was wondering why don't NICE operate the last n19 or n72 at 10:30pm or latest 10:45pm...the last s40 arrives at Babylon at 10:20pm good timing for a last n72 or n19 to get you to Hempstead or freeport. ..let's not forget thatby being in hempstead or Freeport one can breathe happily as the n6 or the n4 is 24 hours and it is a must for one to escape Babylon by latest 10:30pm...instead of running the n72 to farmingdale why not extend that routing to Babylon hey there are some of us who are late night owls

Hey i was wondering why don't NICE operate the last n19 or n72 at 10:30pm or latest 10:45pm...the last s40 arrives at Babylon at 10:20pm good timing for a last n72 or n19 to get you to Hempstead or freeport. ..let's not forget thatby being in hempstead or Freeport one can breathe happily as the n6 or the n4 is 24 hours and it is a must for one to escape Babylon by latest 10:30pm...instead of running the n72 to farmingdale why not extend that routing to Babylon hey there are some of us who are late night owls

There's probably not a huge demand for it. 

Best thing to do would be to request it.  If there's a shift change or something similar, they might modify the schedule.

But as BM5 says, there may not be enough demand for it.

The only way they'll know is if someone speaks up.  Give it a go -- and be PERSISTENT if you think enough others feel as you do.

If it fills a bus (even 50%), they'll probably do it.  (It's worked that way for my area, could also for yours.)

Delete.

Well heres the heads up there is a n72 frequency leaving Hempstead at 9pm and it arrives Farmingdale (short turn terminus) at 9:35p...if extended to Babylon it would arrive in between 9:55p to 10:00p...now that route would rest 20-25 minute and leave at 10:25pm or latest 10:30pm (since it is the last unit leaving Babylon a 5 minute hiatusis nneeded according to last run protocols) by leaving at 10:25pm it would arrives farmingdale at 10:45pm and hence Hempstead at 11:20pm

Now some may think it is not a good idea but it benefits many who don't have cars and rely on public transportation as well as riding the more economical way. ..it is unfair. That the last s40 don't connect with the n72 (or n19 in other circumstances) ..I know some think it is an obsolete idea but take it from a economical rider who 2 weeks ago got stranded because of connection failures but hey since being from the city i am more accustomed to buses running as late as 1am or even better 24 hours

To the final matter is this was just a suggestion and like some postmans said it would require many petitions for it to come reality. ..i think that the actual last n72 from Babylon don't account many passengers and with that the main reason it is improbable for it to have a last run one hour later...

Also NICE gets more money than SCT and with that it don't add an extra run for thr benefit of the users. ..i recently was on the last s54. Bus to W.W mall and man only about 7 passengers including me rode that last run. ..that goes to show you that SCT does care for the best of the users just that the low income on the bus collection and maintenance and payment to the drivers makes it more impossible. ..

Also NICE gets more money than SCT and with that it don't add an extra run for thr benefit of the users. ..i recently was on the last s54. Bus to W.W mall and man only about 7 passengers including me rode that last run. ..that goes to show you that SCT does care for the best of the users just that the low income on the bus collection and maintenance and payment to the drivers makes it more impossible. ..

Depends on who the money is comong from. Suffolk County seems to give more money to SCT does then Nassau does to NICE. I think the state may give more money to Nassau then Suffolk. But that type of problem has always existed. 

Suffolk has the same problem with SCT now that it had when they took over the private lines in 1980-1981, Suffolk is a large county, therefore it's hard to have the type of system you see elsewhere, like the city and Nassau, because it would cost so much. I mean at one time Suffolk had like three more routes then it did now (Not counting the S110, S71, and S76 which were all created in the early 90's to early 2000's) but had to have them cut permentaly because the budget couldn't support them and there wasn't the ridership yearly to support keeping them. (A few in the late 80's seem to have been cut and then restored)

One problem is did you ride the last S54 once? maybe there are only 7 people that ride it on the day you did, but more people ride it on another day. I mean your not going to get the same ridership day to day. Though it's possible that ridership was higher in the past on the run then now. However Suffolk must be making some money on the run to help support it, since I highly doubt they would keep the run if they weren't.

Archived