NICE real-time bus info beginning to roll out.

N6 Limited

Real-time info is available for NICE on the Transit app (at least). 

I opened the Transit app today to see when the Jamaica bound n6 was coming and I saw that the real time icon was pulsing. It said 2 buses were 1 minute away, and 2 buses showed up :). It seems to be working for most routes, but on the N6 it only seems to work for Jamaica bound buses at the moment.

Transit App: http://transitapp.com/

I think that app always had NICE predictions, except it's not real-time. I believe that app just uses data based on the schedule. It's not that accurate.

The app always had the timetable information, but now it has real time information as indicated by the real time wifi-like icon next to the numbers. You can also go to map view and see where the buses are on the map, I've checked it and it's been accurate so far.

The app always had the timetable information, but now it has real time information as indicated by the real time wifi-like icon next to the numbers. You can also go to map view and see where the buses are on the map, I've checked it and it's been accurate so far.

Good to hear, here's to hoping I'll actually find out when my n22s and n24s will actually arrive.

Today it worked well. I checked the app to see when the n6 was coming. I briskly walked to Hempstead Turnpike. On the way there I looked at the map and saw that I still had a couple of mins because the bus wasn't close enough so I didn't have to rush. Once I arrived at the stop the bus showed up about a minute later. 

After that the connections to, and in the subway were good as well.  :lol:

Today it worked well. I checked the app to see when the n6 was coming. I briskly walked to Hempstead Turnpike. On the way there I looked at the map and saw that I still had a couple of mins because the bus wasn't close enough so I didn't have to rush. Once I arrived at the stop the bus showed up about a minute later. 

After that the connections to, and in the subway were good as well.  :lol:

I wish that NICE though release the online tracking system already What is the delay for that?

Just wondering out loud ...

MTA BusTime was open-source, so if you-know-who wasn't so insistent on distancing Nassau from the city, couldn't things have been coordinated better?

IMHO, NICE "BusTime" should have been worked into MTA BusTime a long time ago

But, when you burn bridges, you've gotta expect some sort of fall-out .....

And -- yet again -- it's the customers that suffer.

Live and learn.  That man has destroyed more than what he's built up.

Just remember .... he's the one who promised MUCH better bus service than before (and all that comes along technologically, I'd imagine) for MUCH less than those nasty "City" folks were able to do.

"Cheap" isn't always the way to go ... but then again, look at how it's paid "benefits" to the County.

I used it today, I saw that there were two buses closer than usual, the first bus zoomed by before I could get to the stop, it doesn't look like it would have stopped anyway. I went to the store to get some water and a snack. And caught the next bus a few mins later.

Just wondering out loud ...

MTA BusTime was open-source, so if you-know-who wasn't so insistent on distancing Nassau from the city, couldn't things have been coordinated better?

IMHO, NICE "BusTime" should have been worked into MTA BusTime a long time ago

But, when you burn bridges, you've gotta expect some sort of fall-out .....

And -- yet again -- it's the customers that suffer.

Live and learn.  That man has destroyed more than what he's built up.

Just remember .... he's the one who promised MUCH better bus service than before (and all that comes along technologically, I'd imagine) for MUCH less than those nasty "City" folks were able to do.

"Cheap" isn't always the way to go ... but then again, look at how it's paid "benefits" to the County.

This is really interesting to see, there were many-many complaints about LIB before NICE was even thought of. 

The experience is still pretty god-fricking-awful.  I don't know of anyone who actually enjoys having to sit on a slow, crowded bus for up to 45 minutes at a time.

Back in LIB days, even though the N6 was packed ALL day, the buses MOVED (especially compared to NYCT snail buses where they were consistently stationary because of the alternating bus stop/red light pattern and because the B/O's had to operate the bus in a sedated state). So I didn't mind it as long as I was picked up and I got to my destination.

Where is the tracking on the Android app?

You can use Transitapp for now. But, according to NICE the GoMobile app update was already submitted to the Play Store, but it takes longer for them to post updates to their store than the Apple App Store. This is why the ios version update is already available.

I think NICE updated their app. But all their updated app does is redirect to the transit app when you click "My Bus." Would be great if the NICE app was like the MTA Bus Time app where you can select a route, and view a map of the entire route with all the buses showing (with vehicle numbers and all).

There's gotta be a web based interface somewhere, and it's not a bad site either compared to MTA BusTime. The page should end in /bustime/map/displaymap.jsp since NJT and others use the same system and the page always ends in that. I would keep trying to make up links myself to find it if I wasn't so lazy.

Archived