Transit Cleaner (Labor Class)

Eckoman1

Hello forum,

In mid July I received a canvas letter in the mail telling me that the MTA had immediate vacancies for transit cleaner and if I wanted to be considered for the position to go Livingston street for initial processing. The day I went and signed in on the sign in sheet I saw a lot of people coming in for transit cleaner also. I was drug tested and given the DCAS 21 page booklet to fill out at home and was told I would be called in 2 to 90 days.

Has anyone who was at Livingston street for the position of transit cleaner in July been called to come in for final processing? I know 90 days from mid July is mid October but I'm anxious.

• 4 months later...

Hello forum,

In mid July I received a canvas letter in the mail telling me that the MTA had immediate vacancies for transit cleaner and if I wanted to be considered for the position to go Livingston street for initial processing. The day I went and signed in on the sign in sheet I saw a lot of people coming in for transit cleaner also. I was drug tested and given the DCAS 21 page booklet to fill out at home and was told I would be called in 2 to 90 days.

Has anyone who was at Livingston street for the position of transit cleaner in July been called to come in for final processing? I know 90 days from mid July is mid October but I'm anxious.

Did u eventually get contacted? Did u apply for a cleaner position or did u apply for something else and they offered u cleaner instead? Because I've been hearing that happening often...

Where did you get the leter from? There are a lot of people that have been asking me about that job. I was under the impression that they did not hire cleaners from the outside anymore

Yea what I heard is that when they don't have vacancies in the Dept the person applied for, they start asking people if they want to go to the Cleaner position.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...