Future of the WWE...Good or Bad

46Dover

I invite wrestling fans here to just throw in their two cents about the future of World Wrestling Entertainment

To me it's an absolute change for the worst, just because of the way some of these wrestlers come in with a bang, only to go out with a whimper.

Their developmental system (NXT) shows huge promise, yet the main roster shows.... ehh... stagnant at best.

Too many chiefs and not enough indians are handling the main roster (Vince McMahon and his daughter, 20 people in the writing staff, 5-10 other agents, the TV producer who has way too much stroke in the company, etc.) while with the developmental roster, it's mostly one guy (HHH) calling the shots with only a couple of writers and the trainers. Also, the old man isn't really involved with NXT so that kinda helps too.

• 1 month later...

That's why I watch YouTube for the old territories and old WWF. Check out Crockett,Mid South,Memphis,World Class,Portland,AWA,Championship Wrestling From Florida,Georgia Championship wrestling and Stampede. For new stuff Ring of Honer,New Japan and Pro Wrestling Guerrilla.

Stagnant.... If you want to call that bad, then be my guest...

My siblings got me into watching it again, and I don't see it getting any better..... Oddly though, on the flipside of it, I don't see it getting any worse either... What you're seeing now, more or less is the most you're going to get with the WWE (talent-pool wise).... Still Lol at Roman Reigns, was s'posed to be the next best thing, and man did that flop.... He has no character, he's bland in the ring... What, he thought he could ride the Rikishi train to success (having came in to the industry as being known as a relative of the Rock) - difference is, he had a personality at least.... Where as this cat is god damn BORING....

FWIW, What's going on w/ the WWE to me is analogous to the movie industry......

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The problem is that is too predictable and hand big titles to weak wrestlers who externally look buffed enough to support a title to become a superhero title character

One reason why i quit watching WWE

Seemed to be Vince McMahon's MO from day 1....

• 1 month later...

I'm only interested in the recently acquired talent...AJ Styles, Shinsuke Nakamura(my favorite New Japan Pro Wrestling wrestler), Karl Anderson, Doc Gallows and Austin Aries.

New Japan Pro Wrestling still has my attention. After the AJ Styles vs Shinsuke Nakamura match at Wrestle Kingdom 10, that gave me a whole new reason to subscribe to the NJPW Network. NXT Dallas has my attention.....Wrestlemania is going to blow, hard.

• 1 month later...

Archived