R32 Phase II's heading towards pitkin

R32 3838

Last night I saw 10 cars of phase II's going towards Pitkin yards, I was waiting for the (A) at B'way Jucntion and I saw a set of phase II's pass the station, They can't be going to scap or reef because If they were they would not go that far out to turn a train around. One of the R32's was 3600. Ether They are going to pitkin or to Rockaway Park to sit. Also There is a set of Phase II's just sitting at the Ave X yard.

I don't know whats going on but alot of weird things are happening regarding the R32 and R42.

I work in 207.. the other end of Pitkin.. All 32s are getting scrapped by spring 09. They layup the cars in pitkin due to room in the yard at 207 and some for parts. They are interchangeable with all cars prior to R44s. Production and overhaul of R38 and R42 parts are fading out... When theyre scheduled for reef.. theyll put them in service until their next scheduled inspection and then leave them at 207 and cut em up.. same for Jamaica too. They are only going to run them til their next SMS and then scrap them. The 42s im not sure whats going on with them.. QC reps have been inspecting them and deeming some of them good for service still... others are getting scrapped.

Agreed, can't stand that loud booming all the time. :eek:

actually, the weird sh*t is, if you were on my line, the EL of Intervale Station even has a loud ass noise, i mean EL?? The reason for that is cuz the station has those old style walls, rather then the one you view, the second loudest would be the 142a/143 and the 160s (Those hot cars -_- ) come out nice.. hvac lowerd.. But thats just the NTTs

now i wonder how the HVACs on the 110A(130)/110B(131) sound like hmmm?

Not as loud as the R142 with its a/c noise.

:eek:

I Agree the bomb 142's are the loudest cars in the fleet.

Agreed, can't stand that loud booming all the time. :eek:
Sometimes it hurts your ears and you get an headache. Not to mention those 142 HAVC systems give off lots of hot air, make flatbush ave station feel like an oven.

now i wonder how the HVACs on the 110A(130)/110B(131) sound like hmmm?

When i rode the 110A wayyyyyy back in da day, i don't remeber the HAVC systems being loud.

Don't know if it is old news or not, but there are all 10 R110A cars at 239 yard. Of course the ones on the top tracks (where 5 trains that start/end at 238/Nereid are stored) can be seen, while the others are seen from 241st, on the lower track. I asked a T/O when we were yard posting about them, and they actually operated it. They said they were far better than the R142 and R142A........

I Agree the bomb 142's are the loudest cars in the fleet. Sometimes it hurts your ears and you get an headache. Not to mention those 142 HAVC systems give off lots of hot air, make flatbush ave station feel like an oven.

A lot of terminals have the oven problem. 95 is pretty hot too and the (R) sees no NTTs regularly. A headache from HVAC noise??? What about passing trains on express tracks? Aren't those even louder??? The R-142s are loud because of those HVACs, but otherwise they would probably be some of the most quiet in the fleet. Ever been on one with a broken HVAC? Aside from being stuffy inside, it's nice and quiet.

When I was in Philly I rode one of the new (SEPTA) trackless trolleys and that thing was practically silent being new, electric, and all except for the loud HVAC which ruined it. Hopefully with technological improvements and what not, they can quiet them down in the future.

A lot of terminals have the oven problem. 95 is pretty hot too and the (R) sees no NTTs regularly. A headache from HVAC noise??? What about passing trains on express tracks? Aren't those even louder??? The R-142s are loud because of those HVACs, but otherwise they would probably be some of the most quiet in the fleet. Ever been on one with a broken HVAC? Aside from being stuffy inside, it's nice and quiet.

When I was in Philly I rode one of the new (SEPTA) trackless trolleys and that thing was practically silent being new, electric, and all except for the loud HVAC which ruined it. Hopefully with technological improvements and what not, they can quiet them down in the future.

Actually because of the loudness of the HVAC a T/O turns it off when passing by workers in tunnels so they can hear the honk. :)

R142 Bombs Are Better Although the loud hvac..With smoother Ride And no squeaky brakes then the R142A With hard buckling And squeaky brakes..

But other hand R160 as long as i can remember Theres one st that has the loudest Brakes Probally See Which Ones Some as loud as the R32PII

The R142's are to damn loud. I get irritated by the loud noise that thing makes, like when it runs on an express track, but worse if antoher train comes in the station at the same time.The R142A's are much more quieter. Now with the R32's, it gets extemely loud on curves, but thats the issue is with the other older trains ive riden like the R38,R40S,R42,R44 and the R46's. You have be in a train like the R32's,R38's,R40S, and the R42's, you have to hope your'e not deaf when it makes a curve. Am i right?

Well, the R46's arent as loud as the R32-R42, but i cant tell how loud a R46 is in a tunnel between cars since the doors that take you to the next car is always locked. With the R32's to the R42's, ive sat near the Door that gets you to the next car, and when people opened that door, the LOUDEST!!!!!!!! sound you can hear. It sounds worse than an R142 running on an express track in a station.

Well, the R46's arent as loud as the R32-R42, but i cant tell how loud a R46 is in a tunnel between cars since the doors that take you to the next car is always locked. With the R32's to the R42's, ive sat near the Door that gets you to the next car, and when people opened that door, the LOUDEST!!!!!!!! sound you can hear. It sounds worse than an R142 running on an express track in a station.

well i think i can remember that i went on an sirt with backline, and we were standing between it and it was loud

the 44sirt is the only car to go between, i guess seeing that these 75ft cars experince less curves then the ta's side

well i think i can remember that i went on an sirt with backline, and we were standing between it and it was loud

the 44sirt is the only car to go between, i guess seeing that these 75ft cars experince less curves then the ta's side

Yea, it was loud, and imagine that thing in a tunnel! Even though mostly the doors are locked but not always, I've been between cars, and it's pretty loud. :eek:

Yea, it was loud, and imagine that thing in a tunnel! Even though mostly the doors are locked but not always, I've been between cars, and it's pretty loud. :eek:

its loud in the tunnel since the sound cant vibrate else where, where in EL (elevated) lines can...

Archived