NICE New Flyer XN40s

MTA Orion Bus

Wait a minute .... Lemme get this straight:  These were in revenue service right?

So, the plastic is there to stop bugs/dirt on the cross-country journey -- I can see that.  But that plastic looks awfully clean, including the headlights and the rest of the front as well.

New Flyer can't wrap the front with white or clear plastic?  Or was that an "optional extra" NICE couldn't afford, so they did the duct tape/plastic from Home Depot method, and then ran it through the bus wash once home?

Sharp looking buses, but you've gotta be kidding me the maintenance staff is this inept.

No, these XN40's buses are brand new.

Reason I asked was the very apparent MTA bus in picture number one.

If these pictures were taken at a NICE depot where none of the icky MTA buses were to be seen, that would be a different story.

Or is that one of the "yet to be converted" MTA remnants that King Edward hasn't gotten around to painting after ALL of these years?

Besides, why would you keep vinyl sheeting on CLEAN buses, even at a depot -- washed at that?  Don't think too many car dealers do that even if they had them in their storage lots.

Reason I asked was the very apparent MTA bus in picture number one.

If these pictures were taken at a NICE depot where none of the icky MTA buses were to be seen, that would be a different story.

Or is that one of the "yet to be converted" MTA remnants that King Edward hasn't gotten around to painting after ALL of these years?

Besides, why would you keep vinyl sheeting on CLEAN buses, even at a depot -- washed at that?  Don't think too many car dealers do that even if they had them in their storage lots.

The first picture was taken at JFK airport while the buses pass inspection before they hit the streets which could be as soon as next week, but not finalized.

The first picture was taken at JFK airport while the buses pass inspection before they hit the streets which could be as soon as next week, but not finalized.

Gotcha, thanks for the clarification.

Still ... washing a bus with the plastic on it, mighty boneheaded IMO.

Nice pics though.  (Nothing taking away from your work. ;) )

If JG is getting these to replace those awful O7 CNG's ,I will be very happy camper!

Excellent shots!

Gotcha, thanks for the clarification.

Still ... washing a bus with the plastic on it, mighty boneheaded IMO.

Nice pics though.  (Nothing taking away from your work. ;) )

Are we even sure they washed them? LOL

THIS IS A NICE BUS EXCLUSIVE!!!!!! It's finally here!!!!!!!! The new 2015 New Flyer Xcelsior XN40 #1887 on the N4 Bus Line at Jamaica Center-Parsons/Archer, the southern terminus. This bus is the first to operate on our street on Saturday Morning and more will be coming soon. Just hanging in there.

Please subscribe for the latest!!!!!

The plastic prevents rock chips/damage while on the highway. Yes, the plastic gets very dirty with dirt and especially bugs while on the road but the buses are usually washed, fueled, and are weighed in NY at truck scales by the transport company before being delivered.

Archived