Station Agent 6600 Hiring Process

nyjdmevo
Message added by Harry,

40px_exams_nyct.png.90c3b2bc7b2c11d53074daf6e1d457a0.png

Station Agent, Exam No. 6600

Application Deadline: July 21, 2015

List Status:  This list has been established as of

Pay: The current minimum salary is $19.4589 per hour for a 40-hour week increasing to $27.7984 in the sixth year of
service.

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (1600's) - For Medical: (1600's)

Next Training Class:

Resources:

Additional:

(Updated December 4, 2021)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had a job off the books for a little while, my boss wrote and notarized a letter for me saying that I was working there at that time. Do you think that this will be a big problem? This is the only thing that has me super anxious about final processing. Congratulations to everybody who's been called recently.

Edited by SA2019

6 minutes ago, SA2019 said:

I had a job off the books for a little while, my boss wrote and notarized a letter for me saying that I was working there at that time. Do you think that this will be a big problem? This is the only thing that has me super anxious about final processing. Congratulations to everybody who's been called recently.

It didn’t even come up during my final processing. My dad worked for Transit for 35 years and according to him he had an off the books job for a while. Several of them. I don’t know if it’s different now than back in the day, but he told me not to worry about it.

I had an off the books job listed for 6 months. Even put the $5 an hour plus tips as the wage. If they bring it up later on, i’d just say you were unaware that it was a problem and say you’d pay the taxes back (because that would be the only issue they’d probably have with it). I didn’t want to lie on the form. From my understanding the only city agency that makes a huge deal about off the books is NYPD.

1 hour ago, SeanH525 said:

It didn’t even come up during my final processing. My dad worked for Transit for 35 years and according to him he had an off the books job for a while. Several of them. I don’t know if it’s different now than back in the day, but he told me not to worry about it.

I had an off the books job listed for 6 months. Even put the $5 an hour plus tips as the wage. If they bring it up later on, i’d just say you were unaware that it was a problem and say you’d pay the taxes back (because that would be the only issue they’d probably have with it). I didn’t want to lie on the form. From my understanding the only city agency that makes a huge deal about off the books is NYPD.

Thank you so much for that information. I agree, I did not want to lie on the form so I put down everything. I will certainly offer to pay back the taxes. Thank you for letting me know how the final processing went. Did you get sworn in the same day of final processing?

1 minute ago, SA2019 said:

Thank you so much for that information. I agree, I did not want to lie on the form so I put down everything. I will certainly offer to pay back the taxes. Thank you for letting me know how the final processing went. Did you get sworn in the same day of final processing?

Yes, I got sworn in. We’re in that boat together, so don’t worry. I highly doubt they’re going to dismiss us later on because we had an off the books job at some point in our careers. By and large, I’m sure you’ve worked on the books same as me.

1 minute ago, SeanH525 said:

Yes, I got sworn in. We’re in that boat together, so don’t worry. I highly doubt they’re going to dismiss us later on because we had an off the books job at some point in our careers. By and large, I’m sure you’ve worked on the books same as me.

Yes. I definitely have more on the books than off. Especially the last several years. Fingers will be crossed. How many people do you think were there for final processing the day you went? I am I early 1600's. I might not make the next 2 classes... But I am definitely hoping to. 

41 minutes ago, SA2019 said:

Yes. I definitely have more on the books than off. Especially the last several years. Fingers will be crossed. How many people do you think were there for final processing the day you went? I am I early 1600's. I might not make the next 2 classes... But I am definitely hoping to. 

They were maybe 3 others when I was there for station agent? When I signed in, there was only one other name on the sheet. And from what I’m seeing it’s moving quick. I was 127* and they’re pretty far from there already. That was last Wednesday, 1/29.