Station Agent 6600 Hiring Process

nyjdmevo
Message added by Harry,

40px_exams_nyct.png.90c3b2bc7b2c11d53074daf6e1d457a0.png

Station Agent, Exam No. 6600

Application Deadline: July 21, 2015

List Status:  This list has been established as of

Pay: The current minimum salary is $19.4589 per hour for a 40-hour week increasing to $27.7984 in the sixth year of
service.

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (1600's) - For Medical: (1600's)

Next Training Class:

Resources:

Additional:

(Updated December 4, 2021)

I'm surprised those who received letters were from 6601 rather than the previous SA Exam which got extended. You'd assume that they would reach out to them 1st before all of who took 6601.... oh well. Im hoping to hear something soon!!

Well as I previously mentioned majority of the people remaining on the previous exam are already employees of TA. They took cleaners job while waiting to be called for S/A. Maybe there's people who didn't respond when called for the job and they're trying to reach out to them again. That's the only other reason I can imagine they extended the list another year. The need for more agents definitely had to do with all the promotional exams that were open to S/A's that were given over the last two years. All five exams open to clerks were given since 2014. So that's opening up a lot of vacancies that need to be filled sooner rather than later. Good luck to all you guys and welcome aboard to everyone in the 12/12 class.

Station Supervisor Level I

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well as I previously mentioned majority of the people remaining on the previous exam are already employees of TA. They took cleaners job while waiting to be called for S/A. Maybe there's people who didn't respond when called for the job and they're trying to reach out to them again. That's the only other reason I can imagine they extended the list another year. The need for more agents definitely had to do with all the promotional exams that were open to S/A's that were given over the last two years. All five exams open to clerks were given since 2014. So that's opening up a lot of vacancies that need to be filled sooner rather than later. Good luck to all you guys and welcome aboard to everyone in the 12/12 class.

Thank you Will. Can you tell me what the next positions up from station agent would be? What would be the next natural progression? and how long do you have to stay in a position before you are eligible to take new promotional exams?

Thank you Will. Can you tell me what the next positions up from station agent would be? What would be the next natural progression? and how long do you have to stay in a position before you are eligible to take new promotional exams?

The next position up from S/A naturally would be Station Supervisor. That's the true promotional and natural progression from the S/A title. The other promos are lateral promotions, you'll make more money, but still be an hourly employee. And those titles are Conductor, Tower Operator, ATD, and Collecting Agent. As you can there's plenty of opportunities to grow in the company from the S/A title. Not many titles have five promotional paths. So I'd suggest moving up sooner than later once you're hired.

You said classes start on 12/12 correct? You're first day will be all day orientation. You'll receive your transit pass (ID MetroCard), talk with your union, labor relations, meet the benefits department and a host of other things. Class is four or five weeks long, and is Mon-Fri mostly 8am to 4pm. Some days will be earlier and at a different location, depending on the instructors training schedule. Majority of classes will be held at the transit learning center out in Coney Island. Try an retain as much from class as you can, because the S/A job isn't an easy one. You have to deal with people with all types of attitudes and issues. You're responsible for lots of money and property in that booth, as well as any events that happen on your station. There's lot of pressure and stress that come along with the job. And since you're new you'll be working the highest volume stations a lot. But just hang in there and if you have questions feel free to ask.

The other promos are lateral promotions, you'll make more money, but still be an hourly employee. And those titles are Conductor, Tower Operator, ATD, and Collecting Agent. As you can there's plenty of opportunities to grow in the company from the S/A title. Not many titles have five promotional paths. So I'd suggest moving up sooner than later once you're hired.

Will, How about the promo to B/O or T/O?

Will, How about the promo to B/O or T/O?

You can't promote from S/A to B/O. And you cannot directly press note to T/O without taking the transit certificate course. For either position you'd have to take the O/C exam. Once called for the job you'd have to resign as a S/A in order to take either job. Only once you have the certificate could you promote to T/O.

Hey guys. I decided to gamble on the opportunity give up my safe but dead end job to give temp SA a shot. Just have to last past probation according to the interviewer.

As a back up though, I am eyeballing the upcoming open comptetitive tests.

Well it's not really a gamble as you're guaranteed a permanent job once your list number comes up. And the one year probation is a criteria for remaining on the job regardless of whether you're provisional or permanent. Just be on time everyday, don't call out sick or get customer complaints the first year and you'll be fine.

Hi,

First time posting here. I am curious for those who received "the call" in regards to what the interviewer asks during the hiring process. Thanks.

There is no questions asked or interview when hired buy TA. Once you passed pre-employment you're hired. You get sworn in and handed your rule book and given a date to start work.

Well it's not really a gamble as you're guaranteed a permanent job once your list number comes up. And the one year probation is a criteria for remaining on the job regardless of whether you're provisional or permanent. Just be on time everyday, don't call out sick or get customer complaints the first year and you'll be fine.

I hope it's just like that. Do one year to pass probation, wait for the list to be established, then become permanent. Maybe I'm just salty given the title has a precursor "temporary".

• 4 weeks later...

Since the classes start in about 2 weeks I am now getting ready to purchase some training uniforms. Can anyone advise what the exact uniform that MTA supplies is? How many pieces do they provide? Do they provide footwear for all titles or is it just track workers? I read in other posts that it takes a while to get the uniform, so I would like to know in order to gauge how many items i should purchase on my own to last me through training. Thanks for the responses in advance.

Don't buy more than three light blue shirts and navy blue slacks or work pants. S/A's aren't required to wear safety shoes, so no foot wear is provided for you. You have to wear either dark brown or black shoes or boots to work. Your uniform allotment will consist of 6 long sleeve, 6 short sleeves, 3 winter pants, 2 all season pants, 6 ties, one trooper hat, 3 sweaters, and one coat. Depending on the availability of your sizes once measured by the uniform company, you can get your uniforms within 2 weeks or a couple of months. It all just depends if they have your sizes ready once the order is placed. If it's longer than two weeks, only then would I suggest buying more work clothes. Other than that 3 should be just fine to get you through one week of working.

• 2 weeks later...

Nov 7 class graduated today. Good luck to us on the road.

For those guys coming into class on Dec 12, I must reiterate what's been said before on these forums.

Listen to your Supervisors. Read your books. Be humble, BE PUNCTUAL, and be nice. When the supervisor takes the time to explain something, that means it's important, even if the lesson is taught through an anecdotal story.

Nov 7 class graduated today. Good luck to us on the road.

For those guys coming into class on Dec 12, I must reiterate what's been said before on these forums.

Listen to your Supervisors. Read your books. Be humble, BE PUNCTUAL, and be nice. When the supervisor takes the time to explain something, that means it's important, even if the lesson is taught through an anecdotal story.

Congrats to you and your classmates. Follow all the advice you posted and you'll do well. This job can be very mentally stressful so be prepared for that. Class can't prepare you for all you're about to encounter. Any questions you may have don't hesitate to ask!

Congrats to you and your classmates. Follow all the advice you posted and you'll do well. This job can be very mentally stressful so be prepared for that. Class can't prepare you for all you're about to encounter. Any questions you may have don't hesitate to ask!

Thanks for your support, Will.

• 1 month later...

Good morning everyone. I just got a call today for a employment screening on 1/13 at 180 Livingston st. Anyone else get the call?

Should i dress as if i was going to an interview? Whats the employment screening process like? Did you have to bring a copy of your resume as well?

For those of you that have already completed the training class in December how have things been? Have you been working steady hours like a permanent employee? Is there anymore clarification on the temporary title?

Hopefully i can find out more information for you guys when i go. Any updated information will be greatly appreciated.

Good morning everyone. I just got a call today for a employment screening on 1/13 at 180 Livingston st. Anyone else get the call?

Should i dress as if i was going to an interview? Whats the employment screening process like? Did you have to bring a copy of your resume as well?

For those of you that have already completed the training class in December how have things been? Have you been working steady hours like a permanent employee? Is there anymore clarification on the temporary title?

Hopefully i can find out more information for you guys when i go. Any updated information will be greatly appreciated.

Yes dress in business attire You'll likely see some folks down there not dressed properly, but don't mind it, you're there for your chance at getting a job, not theirs.And no you don't need to bring a copy of your resume. Basically you're just bringing in the documents they requested on the paper mailed to you or what they instructed you to bring in over the phone. All you'll be doing this first day is taking a urine(drug test) exam. Once you've taken the exam you'll be instructed to go back to the main desk and they'll hand you a 20 page application. On This application you'll need to fill in all the information of schooling, criminal history for the past 10 years( If felonies submit them even if they're past 10 years for good measure) if any, and work history for the past 10 years. Now since you have 3 days before going down there I'd suggest getting a print out from the social security office of all you work history.

If all come back good with you urine they'll call you back for final processing. Now getting the call back can be real soon or much later. some people have had to take urine exams upwards of 3 times. The test are only good for 60-90 days I believe.Once you're called back for final processing you'll turn in that 20 page application, be finger printed, have your picture taken for you pass(Employee Metrocard ID), and be sworn in. They hand you the rule book and give you a class start date.That's about it in a nutshell. Hopefully all works out for you.

Congrats! How many did you get wrong on your exam

Im here at 180 Livingston filling out paperwork and for a urine test. On one of the forms the status is prechecked as TA. There are other boxes such as Permanent, Provisional, Temporary, non competitive, promotion, reinstatement, bus company, SIR, section 71 and section 73.

Also on my drug screening notification paper it is pre filled as Station agent (NON-FTA)

Im here at 180 Livingston filling out paperwork and for a urine test. On one of the forms the status is prechecked as TA. There are other boxes such as Permanent, Provisional, Temporary, non competitive, promotion, reinstatement, bus company, SIR, section 71 and section 73.

Also on my drug screening notification paper it is pre filled as Station agent (NON-FTA)

You're working for the department of subways if hired, that's automatically the TA division. Only in buses or Transit Property Protection Agents work in TA, OA or MTA Bus. SIR does employee station agents as well, but very rarely are they hiring. FTA stands for Federal Transit Authority. Station Agents aren't under federal guidelines like RTO employees, so they aren't subject to random drug screenings.