Station Agent 6600 Hiring Process

nyjdmevo
Message added by Harry,

40px_exams_nyct.png.90c3b2bc7b2c11d53074daf6e1d457a0.png

Station Agent, Exam No. 6600

Application Deadline: July 21, 2015

List Status:  This list has been established as of

Pay: The current minimum salary is $19.4589 per hour for a 40-hour week increasing to $27.7984 in the sixth year of
service.

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (1600's) - For Medical: (1600's)

Next Training Class:

Resources:

Additional:

(Updated December 4, 2021)

Also, does anyone know how the shifts are set up? The hubby is a conductor and told me their shifts are AM which is 6am-2pm and PM are 2pm-10pm, Nights are 10pm to 6am...I know we probably won't get to pick straight away after training anyway but I'm curious to know if station agents have the same time shifts also. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heh your husband is generalizing. Those are the general times each shift spans from but you can work 8p-4a and that's still a PM job. The general shift times are a lot closer to stations hours than train service...from what I see, a lot are pretty close to those times give or take an hour, but for example, the outliers on AMs start at 3am and the late outlier is about 10am...so you can still be working anything within those hours.

As it stands right now, next week we will be doing an in house pick for extra list slots...RDOs and shift - the variety of which is entirely dependent upon what is given to the instructor for us to pick...i.e. it could all be midnights with tuesday/wednesday off if that's all they give him - and that is effective for the remainder of the winter pick and for the summer pick unless we pick something up off an open job bid.

On 4/17/2018 at 3:29 PM, Mohamed said:

Quick question has the list for this exam been establish yet?? its been over 3 to 4 years already I never got my results in the mail 

I don't think it has been yet. I got my letter with my list number but never got results so I feel like they are just calling people as needed.

On 4/18/2018 at 9:19 PM, Kur0n3k0 said:

I don't think it has been yet. I got my letter with my list number but never got results so I feel like they are just calling people as needed.

I haven’t gotten anything for station agent, I got my list for conductor.

47 minutes ago, Kiafete said:

I officially sworn in today,  my training start June 18. The may class was full. 

Hey Congrats!  What was you list number if you don't mind me asking? Trying to figure out what numbers they are up to. 

7 hours ago, N1CKR said:

Hey Congrats!  What was you list number if you don't mind me asking? Trying to figure out what numbers they are up to. 

On the paper it said 170, but I am not sure that's my actual list number since I didn't get my result for station agent exam as of yet.

On 4/17/2018 at 5:08 AM, hmc12989 said:

May 14th is the Monday after we're out...I hope that means you'll have our instructor, I like him. He does a great job explaining everything and answering questions as they arise.

How did ur class pick go? I was in the class before u and we didnt have much of a choice. Class before me had the pick of sat/sun off. 

53 minutes ago, Mspunkybrewster said:

How did ur class pick go? I was in the class before u and we didnt have much of a choice. Class before me had the pick of sat/sun off. 

Wednesday/Thursday with all shifts available. Was your class the one with 18/20 drafted into wayfinder?

FWIW: when the instructor's boss came in to talk to us and explain what exactly being on probation is and so forth: he stated that there are 5 scheduled classes behind mine...so there's still a few on the horizon for people still waiting to hear.

As for list establishment...nobody knows. Have heard anything ranging from next month to the end of the year and beyond. The exams unit people who spoke to us at orientation the firsr day claim that they're "almost done" evaluating everyone's experience papers and that's what the hold up is with regard to list certification...but since we've heard nine different answers from as many people I believe nothing until I'm informed I'm a permanent S/A.

Our instructor told us the class before ours filled the rest of the wayfinder slots and they're locked in for a year so no...into the booth for you lol

I wouldn't have minded Wayfinder, was told there *might* be some jobs on the Winter 2019 pick.

Not saying this to be a jerk: but if 7a-3pm in Brooklyn daily is a problem...getting forced to PMs or Midnights with crappy RDOs depending on how your in-house pick plays out with your schedule varying by the day isn't going to be pleasant either. You're essentially going to be transit's bitch until you have enough seniority to not be. AMs was the first tour to close out in our class, and there were plenty of people salty that they got forced to midnights.

It sounded like wayfinder was at least a steady schedule...we don't have that luxury...it's extra on a tour with certain RDOs. You could be starting at 0300 (there is an AM lunch relief that starts that early) or as late as 1000 on the AM tour with various starting hours in between...and our instructor explained that when it comes to the in-house pick he is at OSAC's mercy as to what they kick him for jobs. (One class was ALL midnights)

Just prepare yourself and since you have a little time before class starts, think about how you're going to accomodate the uncertainty if you have kids or whatever.

6 hours ago, hmc12989 said:

Our instructor told us the class before ours filled the rest of the wayfinder slots and they're locked in for a year so no...into the booth for you lol

I wouldn't have minded Wayfinder, was told there *might* be some jobs on the Winter 2019 pick.

Yea I figured that my kids r bigger so it’s not really an issue I’m just curious as to how they determine who in th the class picks first 

Just now, Mellimel1204 said:

Yea I figured that my kids r bigger so it’s not really an issue I’m just curious as to how they determine who in th the class picks first 

The class pick is by seniority. It goes by the list number that was on the letter MTA sent you.