Station Agent 6600 Hiring Process

nyjdmevo
Message added by Harry,

40px_exams_nyct.png.90c3b2bc7b2c11d53074daf6e1d457a0.png

Station Agent, Exam No. 6600

Application Deadline: July 21, 2015

List Status:  This list has been established as of

Pay: The current minimum salary is $19.4589 per hour for a 40-hour week increasing to $27.7984 in the sixth year of
service.

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (1600's) - For Medical: (1600's)

Next Training Class:

Resources:

Additional:

(Updated December 4, 2021)

3 minutes ago, AMITCHELL said:

Hi all...im new to transit and received my first check as a paper check but was wondering how long does it take for direct deposit to start. I did it after I received the first check so that's about 2 weeks ago.

From the 2nd to 3rd check u should see direct deposit make sure online u have it all set up too in my MTA 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had to chase down 2 paper checks.

Meanwhile the people who didn't follow directions and went home to set up direct deposit on the first day of work got direct deposit right off the bat.

Go figure. I don't miss going to Marble Hill at 4:30am before going to class to get my check because picking it up on the way home would miss the deposit cutoff for my bank... 🙄🙄

Edited by hmc12989

1 hour ago, AMITCHELL said:

Hi all...im new to transit and received my first check as a paper check but was wondering how long does it take for direct deposit to start. I did it after I received the first check so that's about 2 weeks ago.

I only got one paper check, the following check went to my direct deposit. Set up your online mta account and you can see it on the Tuesday ahead of payday on Thursday

On 7/9/2018 at 12:00 AM, Kur0n3k0 said:

Thank you so much for your reply, and congrats on your employment! I wish you a successful journey. I’ve literally been online searching for answers. Now all I would have to do is pass he exam. If you don’t mind me asking which S/A exam did you take and how long was the process? Also I know you can’t give out to much info about the exam , but I want to start prepping , I’m really aiming to get a high score so I will have a better chance at being called;  is there anything in particular I should study or make sure I know before taking the exam?

1 minute ago, ChocolatDream said:

Thank you so much for your reply, and congrats on your employment! I wish you a successful journey. I’ve literally been online searching for answers. Now all I would have to do is pass the exam. If you don’t mind me asking which S/A exam did you take and how long was the process? Also I know you can’t give out to much info about the exam , but I want to start prepping , I’m really aiming to get a high score so I will have a better chance at being called;  is there anything in particular I should study or make sure I know before taking the exam?

1 hour ago, Mtahopeful121986 said:

How is there a need for a station agent exam in 2018. When the 2015 exam we ALL havent received our scores or list numbers. It is hundreds of us waiting to get called and willing to work

Super strange thing. Not sure what they're up to. Maybe a mistake and it'll get taken off the page? A couple of weeks ago there were some exams there that got removed from the page last week. Maybe list 6600 got tossed for some reason? Highly unlikely though. I'm curious what's up. I doubt they need that many Station Agents... 

Between picks when they redid file numbers for seniority, my number got 200+ better...and that was in 3 months. People are retiring in droves and if/when the station agent job morphs into wayfinder A LOT of old timers want nothing to do with that...if you have someone with 26 years who is planning on hanging around to hit 30 to max out their pension before the percentage gain each year becomes more aggravation, getting them out of the booth could be the final straw and have them pull those walking papers out of their pockets and just go.

Well well we’ll..... 3 years later and I finally recieved a letter stating that i don’t meet the work experience qualification. Not surprised at all and I expected this sort of because I don’t have much custormer service work experience. 

Some people think that they can get into the MTA without meeting the minimum experience requirements for various job titles. If you didn't have at least 18 months of customer service experience, where you were employed for 12 consecutive months with one employer, by the last day of the application/filing period, you are ineligible for appointment to become a Station Agent. You cannot appeal for a position you weren't qualified for to begin with. Even if you did manage to get in by some miracle's chance, they'd terminate you the second they find out you're not qualified when they conduct an analysis of your employment history. Sometimes they will run your background history after you're on the job, and if you think you'll get away with it, please think again. They will review your social security records, contact the IRS to request your tax returns, everything.

Edited by AlgorithmOfTruth

11 minutes ago, AlgorithmOfTruth said:

Some people think that they can get into the MTA without meeting the minimum experience requirements for various job titles. If you didn't have at least 18 months of customer service experience, where you were employed for 12 consecutive months with one employer, by the last day of the application/filing period, you are ineligible for appointment to become a Station Agent. You cannot appeal for a position you weren't qualified for to begin with. Even if you did manage to get in by some miracle's chance, they'd terminate you the second they find out you're not qualified when they conduct an analysis of your employment history. Sometimes they will run your background history after you're on the job, and if you think you'll get away with it, please think again. They will review your social security records, contact the IRS to request your tax returns, everything.

Yup I’ve worked customer service but I didn’t have the full time required , when I applied for this. So I’m not surprised, I figured 3 years ago it was worth a try, so I’m not shocked nor surprised.

Back when I started, the exam unit's excuse for not certifying the test was that they hadn't gone thru everyone's experience papers...I wonder if they're actually going to certify soon.

To add to what the poster above said...when you fill out your 21pg life story packet you basically have to reiterate the same stuff you put on the education paper when you filed. If in the intervening 3 years you now meet the requirements, by all means file for the new test.

12 minutes ago, hmc12989 said:

Back when I started, the exam unit's excuse for not certifying the test was that they hadn't gone thru everyone's experience papers...I wonder if they're actually going to certify soon.

To add to what the poster above said...when you fill out your 21pg life story packet you basically have to reiterate the same stuff you put on the education paper when you filed. If in the intervening 3 years you now meet the requirements, by all means file for the new test.

I think illl pass this time around. I only applied to his exam becuase I was trying to get in by any means even though I didn’t really want this position.

i have a decent list number on train operator exam and I got 79/80 on the new track worker.  I’ll wait patiently for one of those to call me.

Latest official update:

"NYC Transit Station Agent, Exam No. 6600 (Updated as of 7/10/18): The qualifying Education and Experience Test Papers (EETPs) have been rated. Candidates will be notified shortly of their EETP ratings and the appeal process, which will take several months to complete."

I got my letter saying I have not met the education and necessary experience (not true). Bleh, I am too young to be sitting in a booth all day anyway and also with the new thing they're doing with the station agent, cant see myself doing that. Definitely not going to appeal.  😢 

5 hours ago, Misslowe said:

I got my letter saying I have not met the education and necessary experience (not true). Bleh, I am too young to be sitting in a booth all day anyway and also with the new thing they're doing with the station agent, cant see myself doing that. Definitely not going to appeal.  😢 

What's the new thing they're doing with the station agents?