Station Agent 6600 Hiring Process

nyjdmevo
Message added by Harry,

40px_exams_nyct.png.90c3b2bc7b2c11d53074daf6e1d457a0.png

Station Agent, Exam No. 6600

Application Deadline: July 21, 2015

List Status:  This list has been established as of

Pay: The current minimum salary is $19.4589 per hour for a 40-hour week increasing to $27.7984 in the sixth year of
service.

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (1600's) - For Medical: (1600's)

Next Training Class:

Resources:

Additional:

(Updated December 4, 2021)

On 7/13/2018 at 6:10 PM, Kidbx175 said:

Well well we’ll..... 3 years later and I finally recieved a letter stating that i don’t meet the work experience qualification. Not surprised at all and I expected this sort of because I don’t have much custormer service work experience. 

Preach. 

I was like, what? 

But I am already a conductor off of the 6601 list, so I'm not even shook. Idk how I got hired off of a list I took a year later. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/13/2018 at 7:00 PM, AlgorithmOfTruth said:

Some people think that they can get into the MTA without meeting the minimum experience requirements for various job titles. If you didn't have at least 18 months of customer service experience, where you were employed for 12 consecutive months with one employer, by the last day of the application/filing period, you are ineligible for appointment to become a Station Agent. You cannot appeal for a position you weren't qualified for to begin with. Even if you did manage to get in by some miracle's chance, they'd terminate you the second they find out you're not qualified when they conduct an analysis of your employment history. Sometimes they will run your background history after you're on the job, and if you think you'll get away with it, please think again. They will review your social security records, contact the IRS to request your tax returns, everything.

Let me just say this: I qualified for the work experience, but b/c I was hired by transit for a conductor position, all of my information got *messed up.* I'm not actually going to fight the disqualification, so if you get on the list, yay. 

7 hours ago, kellgh said:

Let me just say this: I qualified for the work experience, but b/c I was hired by transit for a conductor position, all of my information got *messed up.* I'm not actually going to fight the disqualification, so if you get on the list, yay. 

That is your choice to make, however being on two lists is better than being on one.

I can only percieve the Station Agent requirements becoming more demanding as technology and the riding public evolve.

I received a letter saying I did not qualify for the work experience. I did actually qualify, so will appeal.  Sent the appeal today.  Will see what the results are.  Honestly, little chance I will leave my current employer, however, I want the option to be on the list just in case.

26 minutes ago, RB1982 said:

Why would they wait until now?

When I went for orientation on day 1 the exams unit's excuse as to why the list was not certified had to do with the fact that 30k people took the test and they had to evaluate the education/experience papers.

Whether or not that is the whole reason, one can only wonder - however remember you had to file for that test with a paper packet...so it's not like they could parse this ish on a computer.

If you are currently working provisional and didn't receive a paper letter in the mail saying you are not qualified you should be fine. Apparently the emails/calls today were sent out in error. Let's see how this plays out

On 7/22/2018 at 10:47 AM, Dave2836 said:

That is your choice to make, however being on two lists is better than being on one.

I can only percieve the Station Agent requirements becoming more demanding as technology and the riding public evolve.

Haa.

I am no longer on a list. I finished conductor school car and I'll be out of probation in 8 mos. 

Hey so just wanted to get some feedback for you guys... my application process... i took the dec 2015 test... lost my answer sheet so i don’t know what my exact score is... i got my letter for pre employment oct 2017... call around Xmas/ New Years and was told about the hiring freeze... like 2 weeks ago i get a email that i didn’t qualify then later that day got another email and text that the 1st email was sent by error and will get a letter in the mail once the list was generated. Does this mean the process is moving swiftly now?

57 minutes ago, CarpeDiem said:

Hey so just wanted to get some feedback for you guys... my application process... i took the dec 2015 test... lost my answer sheet so i don’t know what my exact score is... i got my letter for pre employment oct 2017... call around Xmas/ New Years and was told about the hiring freeze... like 2 weeks ago i get a email that i didn’t qualify then later that day got another email and text that the 1st email was sent by error and will get a letter in the mail once the list was generated. Does this mean the process is moving swiftly now?

Wait...you got a pre-employment letter in October? I assume you've taken at least one drug test correct? CALL THEM NOW. I went for my pre-employment at the end of October, heard nothing...called a little after Christmas and was told of a hiring freeze...called a few weeks later when my drug test expired and the lady actually took the time to pull my file: THEY HAD EMAILED ME A WEEK AFTER I WENT IN OCTOBER FOR FINAL PROCESSING TO BE IN THE DECEMBER CLASS...and sent that email to an address one frigging letter off - that apparently exists so it didn't get kicked back - and they assumed I passed on the job.

I ended up going for drug testing 2x more...started April 9th.

If you never got a snail mail letter disqualifying you then that call/email was erroneous.

Of note: apparently once they do FINALLY establish the damn list I would have been called again once they reached my number. However...I beg you...follow up with them PRONTO, in case they screwed up with you as they did with me!

• 2 weeks later...