Station Agent 6600 Hiring Process

nyjdmevo
Message added by Harry,

40px_exams_nyct.png.90c3b2bc7b2c11d53074daf6e1d457a0.png

Station Agent, Exam No. 6600

Application Deadline: July 21, 2015

List Status:  This list has been established as of

Pay: The current minimum salary is $19.4589 per hour for a 40-hour week increasing to $27.7984 in the sixth year of
service.

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (1600's) - For Medical: (1600's)

Next Training Class:

Resources:

Additional:

(Updated December 4, 2021)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did anyone get a letter a few months back that they didn’t get   provisional   Station agent position?  I receive that letter a few months back so i assumed i wasn’t in the running anymore. Then got my letter (i assume the same day as most) stating my store and list number. I’m still a lil confused as to how this process goes especially since I went for pre employment oct 2017.  Can anyone help clarify for me?  Is it a matter of just waiting to be called now?

Edited by CarpeDiem
Misspelled word

3 minutes ago, CarpeDiem said:

Did anyone get a letter a few months back that they didn’t get   provisional   Station agent position?  I receive that letter a few months back so i assumed i wasn’t in the running anymore. Then got my letter (i assume the same day as most) stating my store and list number. I’m still a lil confused as to how this process goes especially since I went for pre employment oct 2017.  Can anyone help clarify for me?  Is it a matter of just waiting to be called now?

Unfortunately no one will be able to clarify what happened to you previously and even though you did not get picked for provisional means nothing. As long as your on the certified list you should be okay this time around. 

47 minutes ago, StationAgent7-2015 said:

TryBlu I think  so. too or maybe what was in the announcement when the test was released 07/2015. I can’t wait to be called,,

That as in the original announcement when the test was givin. I am unsure how much it is now but I think someone answered it one or two pages back.

1 minute ago, CarpeDiem said:

440 @TrueBlu

Keep your eye on the mail. You can receive a letter sooner than later. Just note MTA does not call in list order and I know this from experience. Someone in this forum stated they go for preemployment on 1/11 and they are in the 700s. I also do not believe there is just one person with the list and that is why it’s so random...ijs

@TrueBlu thanks again. And will do.  I have more peace of mind as far as this is concerned now.  I felt whenever i called the person i spoke too seem overwhelmed but i had no other choice to accept the info given because They work there.  Not i mention it seemed like a lot was going on in the back end as far as this position was concerned. Whelp waiting patiently i shall be. Happy new year

I believe that transit goes according to experience first  test score second or list number last because i have over 10 years customer service experience and I’ve been with transit now a year and some months my list number is in the 2000’s and my score Is in the 80’s

13 minutes ago, chychy814 said:

I believe that transit goes according to experience first  test score second or list number last because i have over 10 years customer service experience and I’ve been with transit now a year and some months my list number is in the 2000’s and my score Is in the 80’s

Well wasn’t you lucky

6 hours ago, chychy814 said:

If your experience don’t match the requirements they will not call you ... and if they call you and find out later on that you don’t met the requirements they will Terminate you I’ve seen it happen 

What do you mean? if they call on their behalf, that's on them. Why would they terminate someone when they didn't do their homework in the first place?

14 hours ago, train1290 said:

What do you mean? if they call on their behalf, that's on them. Why would they terminate someone when they didn't do their homework in the first place?

They did their homework. It's called the background check. You can have 11 months on the job. Your background comes back bad and you can't explain it, you're gonna get fired for lying to them. 

15 hours ago, train1290 said:

Train1290 I was terminated from a city corporation company because one nosed employee asked me if I had taken a customer service exam and she did everything in her power to terminate me, and they did, I almost was there 11 months in all the vacation time accrued the company kept. All because I did not take a civil service exam. It happens I had all the qualifications over qualified , sometimes employee feel threatened when someone has more experience and education background they feel you wil” be promoted more then them.

16 hours ago, train1290 said:

1 hour ago, SevenEleven said:

They did their homework. It's called the background check. You can have 11 months on the job. Your background comes back bad and you can't explain it, you're gonna get fired for lying to them.