Station Agent 6600 Hiring Process

nyjdmevo
Message added by Harry,

40px_exams_nyct.png.90c3b2bc7b2c11d53074daf6e1d457a0.png

Station Agent, Exam No. 6600

Application Deadline: July 21, 2015

List Status:  This list has been established as of

Pay: The current minimum salary is $19.4589 per hour for a 40-hour week increasing to $27.7984 in the sixth year of
service.

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (1600's) - For Medical: (1600's)

Next Training Class:

Resources:

Additional:

(Updated December 4, 2021)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

**Everyones situation is different. This is what was told to me today 01.30.19**

I asked more or less the time frame of prescreening through final processing as I am moving to Florida next month. I was told The 3-90 days time frame is given because that’s how long the drug test is valid until. The gentleman stated that individuals will be pulled from the list in order for final processing. Since my number is 15** he said I basically won’t be called anytime soon since they’re a certain # of stations and many eligible candidates before me. He also stated they will be pulling from the list until 2022. Why do they drug test so early knowing more or less they will have enough candidates?... that’s why ppl are going multiple times for the drug test. Welp. Off to Florida I go, for now at least.

Hello All,

I just received my Pre-screening Letter for Station Agent and my appointment date is Wednesday Feb 20, 2019. My list # is 2615. The letter is dated January 22, 2019.

Thank you all for sharing your experiences on this forum. It's very informative & helpful.

Wishing everyone the best of luck!!

Just now, CarpeDiem said:

So they randomly have ppl come in for pre screening & go by list # for final processing?  Cause my list number is mid 400’s have have yet to get a pre screening letter. 

You should have gotten one by now. Call the number I posted earlier in the thread tomorrow morning after 10am. That’s when she usually answers. Your drug screening invitation definitely got lost in the mail.

1 hour ago, Linamta23 said:

**Everyones situation is different. This is what was told to me today 01.30.19**

I asked more or less the time frame of prescreening through final processing as I am moving to Florida next month. I was told The 3-90 days time frame is given because that’s how long the drug test is valid until. The gentleman stated that individuals will be pulled from the list in order for final processing. Since my number is 15** he said I basically won’t be called anytime soon since they’re a certain # of stations and many eligible candidates before me. He also stated they will be pulling from the list until 2022. Why do they drug test so early knowing more or less they will have enough candidates?... that’s why ppl are going multiple times for the drug test. Welp. Off to Florida I go, for now at least.

Did you call the 3476438210 number? A woman picks up and she is very helpful...she helped me through everything...I went in person and some man there misinformed me 

Hello all,

So I recently received an appointment letter to go to Livingston Street for a Station Agent position from taking the test #6600. My question is as far as the paperwork regarding employment, are they concerned about being terminated from employment if mentioned on the 21-page  packet. Or is it just to see the employment history. Thanks for any help.

12 hours ago, Skelly87 said:

Hello all,

So I recently received an appointment letter to go to Livingston Street for a Station Agent position from taking the test #6600. My question is as far as the paperwork regarding employment, are they concerned about being terminated from employment if mentioned on the 21-page  packet. Or is it just to see the employment history. Thanks for any help.

Just be honest when filling out the paperwork..Congrats when do you go and what’s your list number if you don’t mind

On 1/31/2019 at 1:26 AM, Chy said:

Did you call the 3476438210 number? A woman picks up and she is very helpful...she helped me through everything...I went in person and some man there misinformed me 

No I haven’t. I spoke directly to the guy who held the orientation. He was the only nice one there everyone else is just ...lol. He told me to continue to fly since I’m a flight attendant. It’s just bad timing since I just decided to switch to Florida. Station agent is better for sure. I will call to clarify once more. Thanks for responding. 

10 hours ago, TrueBlu said:

Just be honest when filling out the paperwork..Congrats when do you go and what’s your list number if you don’t mind

Thank you. I am to appear 02/07... And my list # is 21**... so if I read correctly, basically after the first initial appointment of being there all day to take a drug test, when they call for final processing after everything comes back good with the drug test and you then hand in the 21-page paperwork, they send you to take your employment picture then you’re going to wait 3-90 days to be called to start training???

2 hours ago, Skelly87 said:

Thank you. I am to appear 02/07... And my list # is 21**... so if I read correctly, basically after the first initial appointment of being there all day to take a drug test, when they call for final processing after everything comes back good with the drug test and you then hand in the 21-page paperwork, they send you to take your employment picture then you’re going to wait 3-90 days to be called to start training???

Pre employment process you fill out paper work and take a drug test and they tell you they will call you back n 3-90 days (I called them after a week or so) when all goes well u go back for the final process which consists of more paper work and taking your picture and they let you know what day you start training

On 1/6/2019 at 8:26 PM, hmc12989 said:

No, just be honest. I got fired from a job when I was 20 over some total nonsense and the subject never came up. I listed it in the pre-employment packet and the 21 page packet they give you as homework when you go to pre-employment.

Hi, you said you listed it, but the conversation never came up. They saw but didn't inquire about it. Did they still call you in for final processing? Are you employed with MTA as yet? Thanks, any info helps. 

I've been down here since last April. I don't recall needing to elaborate during final processing. The firing was 8.5 years prior to that point, and I had another job about three weeks later. Their concern during final processing is more about accounting for any lengthy gaps between jobs. My husband had to explain some when he came on as a conductor once upon a time many moons ago. As long as you can explain what you were doing with yourself you're fine.

It's just important that you put it down so when they decide to fully investigate your employment history they can't throw it in your face that you didn't disclose it and then they fire you over something that stupid.

The final processing "interview" is not a tell me your life story and sell yourself to us on why you would rock this job traditional interview. They literally make sure that DCAS packet is filled out and they have all the documents they need from you. That's it.

And god forbid I get labeled a party pooper again, be prepared for multiple trips down to 180 to pee in a cup and produce the same papers over and over again before you do FINAL processing. They're literally only up to about 500something between off the street hires and converting provisionals to permanent. Your 90 days could elapse and they'll call you...just to come back again for the pre-employment charade.

Edited by hmc12989