Station Agent 6600 Hiring Process

nyjdmevo
Message added by Harry,

40px_exams_nyct.png.90c3b2bc7b2c11d53074daf6e1d457a0.png

Station Agent, Exam No. 6600

Application Deadline: July 21, 2015

List Status:  This list has been established as of

Pay: The current minimum salary is $19.4589 per hour for a 40-hour week increasing to $27.7984 in the sixth year of
service.

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (1600's) - For Medical: (1600's)

Next Training Class:

Resources:

Additional:

(Updated December 4, 2021)

19 minutes ago, TrueBlu said:

Hmm well we’ll well I was told you had to pay for health insurance by an TA employee... they pretty much told me nothing was free 😂 

So let me make sure I’m understanding correctly...union dues Pay for vision and dental and transit provides medical coverage at no particular cost expect 2% contribution. So we help pay for those who retire and we get it for free. Correct me if I’m not getting it.

Thus the quotation marks around free lol. There is actually a paid medical with better dental but apparently unless you have kids who need a lot of braces or whatever its really not worth it and since I don't have it I don't know how much extra it is.

The 2% was explained to me as paying towards your own retirement healthcare, although let's be real, I'm sure that money is paying current retiree medical 😂

Edited by hmc12989

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, SeanH525 said:

This. I’m also guessing having people come in for multiple drug tests helps them to get rid of even more prospective people. Some I imagine won’t want to be bothered coming in a second time, others may fail a subsequent drug test even if they passed the first.

I'm convinced it's a test to see who wants the job bad enough. I did three rounds of pre-employment prior to final processing.

They had a test for SA for June but it was postponed again 🤔 I guess by now some of us know MTA loves to run you back and forth for PE and drug testing blah blah blah. So if they done mailed letters out up to 2900 hahaha get ready for the run around ugh 😑 especially if they only appointed up to 516. If that many ppl are getting letters I can only imagine how many ppl moved and didn’t update their info.  

14 minutes ago, StationAgent7-2015 said:

MTA has called up to list 2900. 

MTA has hired 516

im confused what happened to the people they have called up to number 2900 as of today?

Where did you hear this that MTA has called up to list 2900? I know everyone don’t post in the forum but last we heard in here was 2600s. 

1 minute ago, TrueBlu said:

They had a test for SA for June but it was postponed again 🤔 I guess by now some of us know MTA loves to run you back and forth for PE and drug testing blah blah blah. So if they done mailed letters out up to 2900 hahaha get ready for the run around ugh 😑 especially if they only appointed up to 516. If that many ppl are getting letters I can only imagine how many ppl moved and didn’t update their info.  

I think anyone who posts on this forum regularly clearly wants it bad enough. I’ve been to 180 Livingston about 5 times in the last 6 months so I’m completely fine with going 2 more times if necessary to get the job. It might be harsh to say, but the more people that aren’t showing up or didn’t bother to update their addresses, the better for everyone else. Passing a drug screening and being forthcoming about your employment history aren’t terribly difficult to achieve... the less people that decide to become a part of the process, the more likely we get called sooner.

2 minutes ago, SeanH525 said:

I think anyone who posts on this forum regularly clearly wants it bad enough. I’ve been to 180 Livingston about 5 times in the last 6 months so I’m completely fine with going 2 more times if necessary to get the job. It might be harsh to say, but the more people that aren’t showing up or didn’t bother to update their addresses, the better for everyone else. Passing a drug screening and being forthcoming about your employment history aren’t terribly difficult to achieve... the less people that decide to become a part of the process, the more likely we get called sooner.

This is true but if they get wind they can always reinstate to the list...patiently waiting and yes I will go as many times as they call for me 😂

19 minutes ago, hmc12989 said:

Thus the quotation marks around free lol. There is actually a paid medical with better dental but apparently unless you have kids who need a lot of braces or whatever its really not worth it and since I don't have it I don't know how much extra it is.

The 2% was explained to me as paying towards your own retirement healthcare, although let's be real, I'm sure that money is paying current retiree medical 😂

Copy

Since they managed to muck this up so badly with the provisionals, its not surprising they postponed filing for the new test again. You have people who have been down for 2 years with a list number of 1500 who can't get a straight answer about becoming permanent, meanwhile they're handing out pre-employment letters like candy. Like I said a few pages back...everyone should be prepared for multiple trips to repeat the same process over and over again. A lot of those 500 hired were already here too...so aside from the few fairly recent classes I don't think they're exactly cranking out classes either. Settle in for the long haul.

It's usually 20 or so people per class and I'm not sure how many classes they can run concurrently with the amount of instructors...or classroom space. I know Conductor classes took priority over us at 248. We got bounced around a couple times because they needed whatever room we were in.

One can only hope for the people who file for the next test that Transit figured out what went wrong and don't repeat the charade.

31 minutes ago, SeanH525 said:

I’m assuming they’re rushing through the list to A) get rid of some people that don’t show up or fail to respond, B) get rid of people who fail the drug test. I can’t say how many people aren’t getting their letters, but they clearly have enough people showing up and passing considering they were up to 516 the last time I called... and assuming you called recently, they’re still up to 516.

Yes, I recently called 

33 minutes ago, hmc12989 said:

They're just going to keep people waiting on pins and needles. They can re-drug test you every 90 days if they want.

True 

26 minutes ago, SeanH525 said:

I do, especially after receiving their letter in December, truthfully I thought that list expired like all the other city exams I have taken and never been called to.

1 hour ago, hmc12989 said:

Since they managed to muck this up so badly with the provisionals, its not surprising they postponed filing for the new test again. You have people who have been down for 2 years with a list number of 1500 who can't get a straight answer about becoming permanent, meanwhile they're handing out pre-employment letters like candy. Like I said a few pages back...everyone should be prepared for multiple trips to repeat the same process over and over again. A lot of those 500 hired were already here too...so aside from the few fairly recent classes I don't think they're exactly cranking out classes either. Settle in for the long haul.

It's usually 20 or so people per class and I'm not sure how many classes they can run concurrently with the amount of instructors...or classroom space. I know Conductor classes took priority over us at 248. We got bounced around a couple times because they needed whatever room we were in.

One can only hope for the people who file for the next test that Transit figured out what went wrong and don't repeat the charade.

What makes you think I’m not provisional? But there is no need to be angry and live life angry about a civil service job , the.    bu·reauc·ra·cy   behind all these jobs makes some people lose their mental.    

Edited by StationAgent7-2015

Hello everyone I just got an email from transit to do final processing on Friday for SA. They have a class March 18. They really are going thru this quickly. I was there in January for PE. Hopefully all those who did PE will soon hear something too. 

1 minute ago, Mina said:

Hello everyone I just got an email from transit to do final processing on Friday for SA. They have a class March 18. They really are going thru this quickly. I was there in January for PE. Hopefully all those who did PE will soon hear something too. 

I’m very happy fir you and all the candidates that took this exam in that cold Sunday morning , did the long lines to wait and be let in and take the exam, I wish everyone all the best, on the next phase of this process, keep us posted how it goes, I received my letter in December and my number is high like 3###. Maybe I get called this current year.

Just now, StationAgent7-2015 said:

I’m very happy fir you and all the candidates that took this exam in that cold Sunday morning , did the long lines to wait and be let in and take the exam, I wish everyone all the best, on the next phase of this process, keep us posted how it goes, I received my letter in December and my number is high like 3###. Maybe I get called this current year.

What’s the final processing? What do you do there?

7 minutes ago, StationAgent7-2015 said:

What’s the final processing? What do you do there?

Someone said previously that there’s no medical. So I guess it’s that 21 page packet work. Getting Documents n IDs. And I have to bring in a money order for fingerprint fees. 

11 minutes ago, StationAgent7-2015 said:

And thank you. I wish you the best too. You probably will be called this year. There’s only 3410 eligibles on this list after they regraded the tests. But good luck to u too. 

35 minutes ago, StationAgent7-2015 said:

What makes you think I’m not provisional? But there is no need to be angry and live life angry about a civil service job , the.    bu·reauc·ra·cy   behind all these jobs makes some people lose their mental.    

I was referring to the people hired that have been here, not people waiting to be called. If weren't hired before the list was established, then you were never considered provisional as that is an appointment status. Now they are appointing people permanently. They were hiring people provisionally for upwards of two years off of this test.

Edited by hmc12989

Just now, hmc12989 said:

I was referring to the people hired provisionally that have been here, not people waiting to be called.

I know what you stated in your comment, but people have an option to be where they are, I personally will work at a company if I feel unhappy, or don’t feel rewarded at a company I work for, I can always leave if I feel I am not being treated right.

3 hours ago, hmc12989 said:

I'm convinced it's a test to see who wants the job bad enough. I did three rounds of pre-employment prior to final processing.

So I have a question... Do you really have an interview during final processing? The email I got stated I will be. 

54 minutes ago, Mina said:

So I have a question... Do you really have an interview during final processing? The email I got stated I will be. 

It's not an interview where you have to sell yourself. They make sure everything is filled out in the DCAS packet. If you've had any lengthy gaps in employment just be prepared to explain them. Nothing to really prepare for/figure out what to ask the interviewer to seem interested in the job type of things if thats what your worry is.

4 hours ago, SeanH525 said:

There’s only so many people they can put in each monthly class for station agent, but for whatever reason they’re trying to make the pool of people called for final processing as small as possible by sending the majority of individuals on the list for their drug tests now rather than later. I guess it just makes it easier for them to exhaust the list that way.

??? 2900 🤔