Station Agent 6600 Hiring Process

nyjdmevo
Message added by Harry,

40px_exams_nyct.png.90c3b2bc7b2c11d53074daf6e1d457a0.png

Station Agent, Exam No. 6600

Application Deadline: July 21, 2015

List Status:  This list has been established as of

Pay: The current minimum salary is $19.4589 per hour for a 40-hour week increasing to $27.7984 in the sixth year of
service.

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (1600's) - For Medical: (1600's)

Next Training Class:

Resources:

Additional:

(Updated December 4, 2021)

14 minutes ago, TrueBlu said:

??? 2900 🤔

As in they wanna get as many no shows and drug test failures outta the way sooner rather than later. Why rely on people further down the list that won’t even show up when you can see for yourself now? Also see if they’re gonna pass a drug screening or not. It makes sense I guess.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, SeanH525 said:

As in they wanna get as many no shows and drug test failures outta the way sooner rather than later. Why rely on people further down the list that won’t even show up when you can see for yourself now? Also see if they’re gonna pass a drug screening or not. It makes sense I guess.

I guess they have to keep busy too MTA (180). 😂 All the PE appointments is fine with me because hey we can all play...I see it as another discouragement tactic as well. Many will give up and most will push forward ..it’s a mess and again they are the Employment Center ugh. 

I figure it like this if you know your list number is way off and they call you for PE already know you will return to do the same process again and maybe again but it’s okay if you want the job.

1 hour ago, hmc12989 said:

It's not an interview where you have to sell yourself. They make sure everything is filled out in the DCAS packet. If you've had any lengthy gaps in employment just be prepared to explain them. Nothing to really prepare for/figure out what to ask the interviewer to seem interested in the job type of things if thats what your worry is.

Okay thank you so much. I hope I get thru all this. I’m afraid they would find something to disqualify me but hopefully they won’t. 

13 minutes ago, Mina said:

Okay thank you so much. I hope I get thru all this. I’m afraid they would find something to disqualify me but hopefully they won’t. 

Relax dear you already pretty much got the job in the bag...from PE to now you will be just fine.

12 minutes ago, TrueBlu said:

Relax dear you already pretty much got the job in the bag...from PE to now you will be just fine.

Lol thanks. I jus be afraid cuz they said u have to explain breaks in employment. Some I am able to but others I can’t. Idk what they are looking to hear exactly but thank you I’ll try not to stress too much. 

Depends how long it was. I'm not sure what the threshold is for questioning but I had a month between jobs and it didn't come up. Whatever you were doing is fine I'm sure, they just need to account for the gap. For example: if you had a 6 month gap because you decided to gallivant around Europe or something, they can't really hold that against you...and likewise if you just plain had trouble finding a job because the economy sucked.

10 minutes ago, Mina said:

Lol thanks. I jus be afraid cuz they said u have to explain breaks in employment. Some I am able to but others I can’t. Idk what they are looking to hear exactly but thank you I’ll try not to stress too much. 

Depending on your age there should be breaks it happens but life goes on.i really don’t think their gonna question you too much and if they do just tell them what you just told me...some I can and the others I don’t remember.

1 hour ago, JessiBell said:

Hey all 623 here, I went for final processing yesterday.  Anyone else get hired for the March 18th class?  

Congrats!! I go on Friday for final processing for the March 18 class. How was the final processing? If u don’t mind telling me what your day consisted of doing? How long, etc...?  Thank you. Looking forward to being in that class!!!

3 hours ago, Mina said:

Congrats!! I go on Friday for final processing for the March 18 class. How was the final processing? If u don’t mind telling me what your day consisted of doing? How long, etc...?  Thank you. Looking forward to being in that class!!!

Congrats to you too! I filled out more paperwork (another packet) & went in for the interview portion.  They asked me a few questions regarding my paperwork and then made me sign a bunch of papers, sent me for my ID picture and fingerprinting. Was there about four hours.  

On 2/13/2019 at 2:51 PM, JessiBell said:

Congrats to you too! I filled out more paperwork (another packet) & went in for the interview portion.  They asked me a few questions regarding my paperwork and then made me sign a bunch of papers, sent me for my ID picture and fingerprinting. Was there about four hours.  

You paid the fingerprint processing fee?

On 2/12/2019 at 4:15 PM, hmc12989 said:

I was referring to the people hired that have been here, not people waiting to be called. If weren't hired before the list was established, then you were never considered provisional as that is an appointment status. Now they are appointing people permanently. They were hiring people provisionally for upwards of two years off of this test.

I see, understood 

By that point you've already been sworn in as an employee and told when to show up for your first day...so you basically just let the desk know you're done and you leave...and plot how you're gonna give notice at your old job after having booked off sick to go for final processing...oh wait, that was just me 😂

2 minutes ago, hmc12989 said:

By that point you've already been sworn in as an employee and told when to show up for your first day...so you basically just let the desk know you're done and you leave...and plot how you're gonna give notice at your old job after having booked off sick to go for final processing...oh wait, that was just me 😂

3 minutes ago, hmc12989 said:

Lol,,, that’s what you did.. you booked it on your old yea faithful job I’d,   ja ja  don’t blame you..🚨🚵🏼‍♀️🧗‍♀️🚴🏻‍♀️🏃🏾‍♂️🏃🏿‍♀️

5 hours ago, hmc12989 said:

5 hours ago, StationAgent7-2015 said:

Lol,,, that’s what you did.. you booked it on your old yea faithful job I’d,   ja ja  don’t blame you..🚨🚵🏼‍♀️🧗‍♀️🚴🏻‍♀️🏃🏾‍♂️🏃🏿‍♀️

Basically 😂.   I got lucky and had to go on my day off so now it’s just figuring out how to go ✌🏼 

Hello everyone, I have a question. I'm going down to 180 Livingston street the 20 for a drug test, (Wednesday), I was wondering will a white button down shirt be ok to wear on that day? Also, I don't have any experience, do you think if I'm honest with them that they'll overlook the experience part and appoint me? Thank you for your time in advance.