Station Agent 6600 Hiring Process

nyjdmevo
Message added by Harry,

40px_exams_nyct.png.90c3b2bc7b2c11d53074daf6e1d457a0.png

Station Agent, Exam No. 6600

Application Deadline: July 21, 2015

List Status:  This list has been established as of

Pay: The current minimum salary is $19.4589 per hour for a 40-hour week increasing to $27.7984 in the sixth year of
service.

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (1600's) - For Medical: (1600's)

Next Training Class:

Resources:

Additional:

(Updated December 4, 2021)

5 minutes ago, train1290 said:

Hello everyone, I have a question. I'm going down to 180 Livingston street the 20 for a drug test, (Wednesday), I was wondering will a white button down shirt be ok to wear on that day? Also, I don't have any experience, do you think if I'm honest with them that they'll overlook the experience part and appoint me? Thank you for your time in advance.

White button down will be just fine...now why would you feel you don’t have the experience? What is your list # and regardless to what being honest is the key.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, StationAgent7-2015 said:

Please keep in mind the following as you fill out this appeal form. If you do not meet the following qualification requirements, refrain from replying as your appeal will be denied and you will remain disqualified.
REQUIREMENTS AS PER THE NOTICE OF EXAMINATION
1) A four year high school diploma or its educational equivalent before July 21, 2015, approved by a
State’s Department of Education or a recognized accrediting organization; and
2) Eighteen months of full-time satisfactory experience before July 21, 2015, of which at least twelve months must have been continuous (with one employer) performing customer service that includes at least one of the duties below as a primary job function (the majority of the essential duties):
A. Providing comprehensive customer service entailing the dispensing of information and listening to and resolving customers’ concerns, problems and complaints in person;
B. Giving travel information in a transportation environment, such as bus, rail or marine station, terminal or port;
C. Providing trouble-shooting (help-desk) services or resolving problems regarding a company’s products or services; either at a walk-in site or over the telephone.
**Experience which involves only incidental or occasional customer service, such as sales associate, taxi drivers, security guards, and cashier is not acceptable unless one of these three duties is your primary job function.

If they didn't send you a disqualification letter over the summer (and I'm talking about snail mail, not the email and phone call charade) then obviously whatever you put down on the filing paperwork back in 2015 passes muster for whatever they consider qualified.

Button down and khakis or similar is fine. People show up in jeans but a.) it says not to, and b.) in my personal opinion that should be used to weed more people out because they can't follow simple directions.

People go on the opposite end of the spectrum and show up in a 3 piece suit...nobody's gonna fault you for that either, but it's overkill lol

Edited by hmc12989

11 hours ago, StationAgent7-2015 said:

Please keep in mind the following as you fill out this appeal form. If you do not meet the following qualification requirements, refrain from replying as your appeal will be denied and you will remain disqualified.
REQUIREMENTS AS PER THE NOTICE OF EXAMINATION
1) A four year high school diploma or its educational equivalent before July 21, 2015, approved by a
State’s Department of Education or a recognized accrediting organization; and
2) Eighteen months of full-time satisfactory experience before July 21, 2015, of which at least twelve months must have been continuous (with one employer) performing customer service that includes at least one of the duties below as a primary job function (the majority of the essential duties):
A. Providing comprehensive customer service entailing the dispensing of information and listening to and resolving customers’ concerns, problems and complaints in person;
B. Giving travel information in a transportation environment, such as bus, rail or marine station, terminal or port;
C. Providing trouble-shooting (help-desk) services or resolving problems regarding a company’s products or services; either at a walk-in site or over the telephone.
**Experience which involves only incidental or occasional customer service, such as sales associate, taxi drivers, security guards, and cashier is not acceptable unless one of these three duties is your primary job function.

Have they been sending out letters that people don't qualify. I though thats how they went from the 30,000 to the 3,000, any idea what number they are up to in final processing. Thanks for any information everyone on here is trying to get the little bit of information that is given out and figure things out and stress over when we will be called or have to show up lol . 

12 hours ago, train1290 said:

Hello everyone, I have a question. I'm going down to 180 Livingston street the 20 for a drug test, (Wednesday), I was wondering will a white button down shirt be ok to wear on that day? Also, I don't have any experience, do you think if I'm honest with them that they'll overlook the experience part and appoint me? Thank you for your time in advance.

That’s fine. You don’t have to be dressed up. You can wear a polo shirt or button up with jeans and sneakers(any collared shirt) if you’re going for a drug test then it’s simply just that, don’t worry about the other stuff yet. Just make sure all of your paperwork is done and be prepared to wait. Good luck!

2 minutes ago, TrueBlu said:

Not to pry but is the list number in the high 26** or low? It helps the forum get a better idea of whom should be on the lookout for letters. 😊 

Is this your first time going in and is this just for a drug test or PE packet and drug test 

Edited by TrueBlu
@train1290

2 minutes ago, TrueBlu said:

As I reviewed this whole forum smh they called provisionally from all sections of the unofficial list...but I still believe they had an idea of who qualified and who didn’t...might strange hiring tactic.

What’s provisional I see you speak about that a lot, they get. paid more, or are the best more is it a different Tier for the pension, what’s the difference can you elaborate please 

5 minutes ago, TrueBlu said:

As I reviewed this whole forum smh they called provisionally from all sections of the unofficial list...but I still believe they had an idea of who qualified and who didn’t...might strange hiring tactic.

They verify the employment history with the DOL and everify to confirm the employment history . My jobs always c9me up when they run my background checks

1 minute ago, StationAgent7-2015 said:

And what’s an Unofficially list? I don’t understand all these terms 

Provisional is considered temporary placement in which that is what they did for this list...remember we took this test in 2015 but MTA has been hiring off the list as early as 2016... the unofficial list is considered unofficial because it’s not available to the public

6 minutes ago, TrueBlu said:

Provisional is considered temporary placement in which that is what they did for this list...remember we took this test in 2015 but MTA has been hiring off the list as early as 2016... the unofficial list is considered unofficial because it’s not available to the public

3 minutes ago, TrueBlu said:

DOL ?? 

Department of Labor or Department of Finance