Station Agent 6600 Hiring Process

nyjdmevo
Message added by Harry,

40px_exams_nyct.png.90c3b2bc7b2c11d53074daf6e1d457a0.png

Station Agent, Exam No. 6600

Application Deadline: July 21, 2015

List Status:  This list has been established as of

Pay: The current minimum salary is $19.4589 per hour for a 40-hour week increasing to $27.7984 in the sixth year of
service.

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (1600's) - For Medical: (1600's)

Next Training Class:

Resources:

Additional:

(Updated December 4, 2021)

I still don't understand how they are calling people without first establishing a list of eligible candidates and finalizing the test results?

Me either. But they've done that exact thing with a few titles now. They've have hired provisional ATD's, Station Supervisors, and now station agents. The MTA works in mysterious ways.

Station Supervisor Level I

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I went in for a pre employment drug test back on october 21st. They said I would something by email within 90 days. Its been 90 days and still i havent gotten anything. Does anyone know how i go about contacting them to see whats going on.

I went in for a pre employment drug test back on october 21st. They said I would something by email within 90 days. Its been 90 days and still i havent gotten anything. Does anyone know how i go about contacting them to see whats going on.

Call them on the phone. Especially if you haven't received anything in the mail to come back down for a second drug screening.

• 1 month later...

Hi I'm scheduled to start class on Monday, but they told my group that the class is only two weeks? Also how does the new contract affect new hires?

Class is supposed to be 4 weeks long, not two weeks. This temporary station agent position is something totally different and nothing I've ever seen before. Best of fortune for all of you that take this job.

Hi..I'm from exam 6600. That's what my paper stares...Monday and Tuesday at Livingston street and Wednesday day 3 until Fruday the 23rd in Coney Island, they said two weeks, unless when I go Monday they say something different...maybe you shadow someone for two weeks and it's not a classroom setting? Is there a final exam after the class room training?

What was your score on the 6600 test? How many wrong?

Hi..I'm from exam 6600. That's what my paper stares...Monday and Tuesday at Livingston street and Wednesday day 3 until Fruday the 23rd in Coney Island, they said two weeks, unless when I go Monday they say something different...maybe you shadow someone for two weeks and it's not a classroom setting? Is there a final exam after the class room training?

You don't shadow anyone in training. The training course is supposed to be the first few days at 130 Livingston st, the. Customer service training and rules for the next week or so. That next Friday you're sent to a booth to observe a Station Agent perform their duties. That following week you begin AFC (Automated Fare Collection) training, where you'll learn how to use tie computer system and encode metro cards. The fourth week you'll be assigned two booth locations where you'll be taking over a booth and be responsible for the money and booth property. You'll have a seasoned agent to watch over you. That following Wednesday and Thursday is the course review and Friday the final exam. Now if they aren't doing four week trainings anymore, you aren't being fully trained to do the job.

• 3 weeks later...