Station Agent 6600 Hiring Process

nyjdmevo
Message added by Harry,

40px_exams_nyct.png.90c3b2bc7b2c11d53074daf6e1d457a0.png

Station Agent, Exam No. 6600

Application Deadline: July 21, 2015

List Status:  This list has been established as of

Pay: The current minimum salary is $19.4589 per hour for a 40-hour week increasing to $27.7984 in the sixth year of
service.

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (1600's) - For Medical: (1600's)

Next Training Class:

Resources:

Additional:

(Updated December 4, 2021)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, StationAgent7-2015 said:

To MTA.  So I will be called sooner then expected?

With MTA anything is possible...just keep your eye out on the mail. I think the whole list is on outstanding certification just because of the amount of people on it.

1 hour ago, TrueBlu said:

Congrats!! Did you receive them the same day? What was your score?

23 hours ago, TrueBlu said:

All I can say is everyone on this list should have a chance. The list is small compared to others and it for exhaust until 12/22...

30 minutes ago, TrueBlu said:

With MTA anything is possible...just keep your eye out on the mail. I think the whole list is on outstanding certification just because of the amount of people on it.

Hey.. Im confused.. I went in for pre employment oct 2017.. I called over the summer and the person I spoke to said I wasn't qualified. So I ruled out this position. I got the letter in the mail yesterday with my test score and official  list number 440.  it said that list was generated 12/12/18. I assume the info I was given on the phone months ago was incorrect. Anyone had this happen to them?

1 hour ago, CarpeDiem said:

Hey.. Im confused.. I went in for pre employment oct 2017.. I called over the summer and the person I spoke to said I wasn't qualified. So I ruled out this position. I got the letter in the mail yesterday with my test score and official  list number 440.  it said that list was generated 12/12/18. I assume the info I was given on the phone months ago was incorrect. Anyone had this happen to them?

I had gotten a call and a text message over the summer saying I wasn’t qualified either then the next day got a call and text message saying disregard what was said. I haven’t gotten anything since taking this exam but I just was hired for the lirr assistant conductor. Does anyone know why it took so long to hearanything ?

2 minutes ago, Mlad18 said:

I had gotten a call and a text message over the summer saying I wasn’t qualified either then the next day got a call and text message saying disregard what was said. I haven’t gotten anything since taking this exam but I just was hired for the lirr assistant conductor. Does anyone know why it took so long to hearanything ?

MTA just established the list 12/12 and if you haven’t heard anything call the number and see if ur on the list 

48 minutes ago, StationAgent7-2015 said:

How was the hiring process for you and were you. Outstanding Certification? Was your list number high or low?

thank you for your feedback.🤩

Go back in the thread, I don't feel like rehashing it. Shenanigans ensued...my tip: make sure your email is 195% indisputable. FWIW when I call DCAS it says I'm on an outstanding certification as well - all it means is your info got kicked to transit.

Now that they have to hire in order people in the 700s are getting pre-employment papers, so if your number is much larger than that it might be a while. There is also the whole thing where those of us already here have to be made permanent...I'm not particularly concerned since my list # is two digits - so that should be taken care of soon, but there are people in the 1400s already working here as well. They didn't hire in any particular order provisionally and I would be willing to bet money that this whole thing will continue to be a mess for a while.

Edited by hmc12989

I believe the provisional hiring was based on previous customer service based work experience along with test score.

There must have been some method to their madness. 

As far as the certified list. I think they will go down from highest score to lowest, (based on the current openings available and company needs) start to call people who turned provisional down and see if they want the job. Then change the rest of us over to permanent. Only thing I'm concerned about is this "hiring freeze" and what role it will play I'm getting us switched from provisional to permanent. 

Let's see how this goes. Good luck to all.