Station Agent 6600 Hiring Process

nyjdmevo
Message added by Harry,

40px_exams_nyct.png.90c3b2bc7b2c11d53074daf6e1d457a0.png

Station Agent, Exam No. 6600

Application Deadline: July 21, 2015

List Status:  This list has been established as of

Pay: The current minimum salary is $19.4589 per hour for a 40-hour week increasing to $27.7984 in the sixth year of
service.

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (1600's) - For Medical: (1600's)

Next Training Class:

Resources:

Additional:

(Updated December 4, 2021)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, StationAgent7-2015 said:

Every station. Agent should be drugged tested all the time. 

Station Agents are only drug test upon hiring, if a supervisor suspects they're under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Only if something major happens on the station regarding a customer ot themselves can they also be sent for a drug/alcohol test.

2 hours ago, StationAgent7-2015 said:

I will tell you why, they are responsible for the safety of the station they are assigned to, while 5he supervisors take over, being fire, theft, security, everything that happens in that station.

Well some folks will be glad you aren't in charge of MTA policy. Yes the agents are responsible for the station and the property/funds in the booth. But they aren't federally mandated to take randoms, since they aren't in a safety sensitive title. By your logic everyone would need to take randoms, since every job has some sort of hazard to deal with. But fortunately TA doesn't have the time or man power for that.

10 minutes ago, WillBx718 said:

Station Agents are only drug test upon hiring, if a supervisor suspects they're under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Only if something major happens on the station regarding a customer ot themselves can they also be sent for a drug/alcohol test.

Heh the latter re: customers I didn't know about.

4 minutes ago, hmc12989 said:

Heh the latter re: customers I didn't know about.

Yes if an intoxicated customer enters the system and gets hurt you can be sent downtown for a test. Because you're supposed to not allow intoxicated customers onto the system. Or call for police assistance if one enters and you notice it. It doesn't happen much that an agent is sent to the mac for this reason. But TA does reserve the right to do so.

I haven't received my letter yet but I know my score was 91, and I can see on NYC OPEN DATA that my lister Number is 8**, 

Which is confusing because I was List Number 90 on provisional, I did my pre-employment and drug testing in September and was waiting for a class .

The Employment Supervisor for MTA at 180 Livingston told me the next class would be October 8th. That class was postponed and then i was told to call back every week for the next available class date.

I was calling from October all the way until December constantly being told by HR every week "Sorry, there hasn't been any scheduled dates for the next Station agent Class'. 

Only to be told in December that there will be no more classes for provisional and that now the list has been certified and I have to wait for my new list number in the mail  -_-

My Hope is that they will get to the 800's before March being that there are only 6,820 people on the list - and many who are on that list have been hired through the provisional list.

but the NYC OPEN DATA list also says MTA has been approved to fill 382 Vacancies for that position, which is a bit disheartening if that's true. Hopefully, it's not.

I feel like MTA has been all over the place with this List specifically.  Heres the link to the NYC OPEN DATA LIST  Click Here - Search "06600" or your last name to find your list number

42 minutes ago, ChrisNShani said:

I haven't received my letter yet but I know my score was 91, and I can see on NYC OPEN DATA that my lister Number is 8**, 

Which is confusing because I was List Number 90 on provisional, I did my pre-employment and drug testing in September and was waiting for a class .

The Employment Supervisor for MTA at 180 Livingston told me the next class would be October 8th. That class was postponed and then i was told to call back every week for the next available class date.

I was calling from October all the way until December constantly being told by HR every week "Sorry, there hasn't been any scheduled dates for the next Station agent Class'. 

Only to be told in December that there will be no more classes for provisional and that now the list has been certified and I have to wait for my new list number in the mail  -_-

My Hope is that they will get to the 800's before March being that there are only 6,820 people on the list - and many who are on that list have been hired through the provisional list.

but the NYC OPEN DATA list also says MTA has been approved to fill 382 Vacancies for that position, which is a bit disheartening if that's true. Hopefully, it's not.

I feel like MTA has been all over the place with this List specifically.  Heres the link to the NYC OPEN DATA LIST  Click Here - Search "06600" or your last name to find your list number

I would like to know where you got your information from because according to OPEN DATA there are 3,410 eligible ppl on the certified list and DCAS says the same. Also please note MTA does not call in order so anything is possible.

57 minutes ago, TrueBlu said:

I would like to know where you got your information from because according to OPEN DATA there are 3,410 eligible ppl on the certified list and DCAS says the same. Also please note MTA does not call in order so anything is possible.

Your right , I was looking at the wrong number. 

And yes I’ve been told they don’t call  in order. 

Reguardless, the number of available vacancies worries me, but like I said, hopefully that’s not completely accurate 

3 hours ago, ChrisNShani said:

Your right , I was looking at the wrong number. 

And yes I’ve been told they don’t call  in order. 

Reguardless, the number of available vacancies worries me, but like I said, hopefully that’s not completely accurate 

I don’t know why they wouldn’t call in order. That was definitely the case for both the train operator and bus operator lists that I was on. As for the vacancies, hopefully that’s just in the immediate future otherwise I don’t see the point in certifying a list with a little over 3,000 people to fill a little under 400 positions.

7 minutes ago, SeanH525 said:

I don’t know why they wouldn’t call in order. That was definitely the case for both the train operator and bus operator lists that I was on. As for the vacancies, hopefully that’s just in the immediate future otherwise I don’t see the point in certifying a list with a little over 3,000 people to fill a little under 400 positions.

Lol I don’t even know where @ChrisNShani seen that vacancy amount at...I think that was an error as well because there is no numbers for vacancies on OPEN DATA...that column is blank

Just now, TrueBlu said:

Lol I don’t even know where @ChrisNShani seen that vacancy amount at...I think that was an error as well because there is no numbers for vacancies on OPEN DATA...that column is blank

This list does not expire until 12/2022

Just now, TrueBlu said:

This list does not expire until 12/2022

Exactly. I saw where he is talking about the number of vacancies, but it also says the list expires in 1/2019 on the same chart so that is clearly not correct

I can confirm the same odd thing happened to me with the list number. I was 356 on provisional, and am now 1,2** on the permanent certified list. I did the pre-employment drug test back on 7/19. Unfortunately for me, they stopped at 342 for the provisional so I just missed the cut there. I thought I was golden once the list was certified (I was called provisionally and then permanently for other positions and my list number only went up by 50-100 numbers.) This jump is much more drastic. Not sure why?

Once the list is established they are supposed to call in order.

As for the vacancies: 6601 has 30k people on the list and they were originally approved to fill 200 vacancies.

Honestly...the 300whatever vacancies they have certification to fill right now is probably about how many provisional clerks they have right now. Nobody has indicated to us how we will actually be made permanent. I know it is supposed to be in order based on list number and they are supposed to go back and re-offer the permanent position to people who may have declined earlier. With my list number, I'm not worried about my job but this whole thing is still a convoluted mess.

8 minutes ago, hmc12989 said:

Once the list is established they are supposed to call in order.

As for the vacancies: 6601 has 30k people on the list and they were originally approved to fill 200 vacancies.

Honestly...the 300whatever vacancies they have certification to fill right now is probably about how many provisional clerks they have right now. Nobody has indicated to us how we will actually be made permanent. I know it is supposed to be in order based on list number and they are supposed to go back and re-offer the permanent position to people who may have declined earlier. With my list number, I'm not worried about my job but this whole thing is still a convoluted mess.

I think even if that’s the immediate amount that they need to fill permanently, that number will most likely change as the year goes on. I think anyone in the top half of this extremely short list probably has a good chance to get called. Just how long it’s going to take to get called is the question at this point

Have been here since my wife took the exam in 2015. She got a letter for the provision job in April 2018. She did not join. Here was the reason. As the culture, TA usually didn't fire the provision employees. But recently few years, as the pressure from the public " Why people didn't pass the exam can keep the job and people pass it cannot get it?" . Also right now MTA is short of budget. That are the reasons they freeze hiring the station agent.  My wife did not want to take the risk of being laid off. 

Last year, union sue for the provision station agents, but it failed. below is the link

http://thechiefleader.com/news/open_articles/twu-sues-over-delay-in-establishing-list-of-station-agent/article_e23a6be2-d3a9-11e8-9443-4f6ebf542a77.html

I'm not sure will they fire all the provision station agents, but who did not pass the exam will leave. Then will call by the list. The provisions who passed the exam, if lucky , MTA will let you stay and become permanent until reach your list number. How many they hire is base the budget. My wife's list number is around 1400, have the chance because the list will last for 4 years.

Hope the budget coming soon and they start hiring. Good luck every one. 

Anyone get the call or the mail for the admin, please update info for us. Please mention by mail or phone call, and also the closest list number you round to (if you don't want to leak your info) . 

Thank you.  Happy New Year.

Hey guys I'm new to the forum, but I've been reading these forums for information about 2 years now. I got my letter the day after Christmas & drug tested that following Monday. I scored a 95 & had been listed as #264.000. The 2nd letter i got stated that it was a permanent position. It seems they are going really fast with this hiring process as I have an interview on the 8th & if all goes well class starts on the 14th of Jan.

For those who are in the process as well I have 1 question, they asked me to bring a money order of $88 & change (88.25 or 88.75). I was working at the time I got the call & didn't catch what the cent amount was. If any 1 could provide the exact amount I would grateful.

To close I really want to say THANK YOU!!! to everyone that provided information as it has been very helpful.