Station Agent 6600 Hiring Process

nyjdmevo
Message added by Harry,

40px_exams_nyct.png.90c3b2bc7b2c11d53074daf6e1d457a0.png

Station Agent, Exam No. 6600

Application Deadline: July 21, 2015

List Status:  This list has been established as of

Pay: The current minimum salary is $19.4589 per hour for a 40-hour week increasing to $27.7984 in the sixth year of
service.

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (1600's) - For Medical: (1600's)

Next Training Class:

Resources:

Additional:

(Updated December 4, 2021)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I missed one question on the exam, and I starred it because I knew there could be an issue with it by how it was worded. I never contested it though. Has anyone heard anything yet?

They should be calling you guys very soon. The current S/A is set to close by the end of July. So maybe by fall or winter they should start calling from the list.

Station Supervisor Level I

Because it's a very customer service intensive title. Plus you're completely responsible for everything that happens on that station and everything in the booth. You're basically the supervisor of that station until the station supervisor arrives. And they get enough applicants for the job for its needs.

When u take the station agent exam do they ask if you have the reuired customer experience? can you take the test if you don't have the customer service experience?

When this exam was given by DCAS you had to complete an education and experience exam before they'd allow you to take written exam. I'm not sure if TA does the same. But one things for sure if you don't have the required experience you will not be refunded your money.

• 3 weeks later...

How many applicants were there for the Station Agent exam (#6600)?  Do you or anyone on this forum know how many took this exam? 

When this exam was given by DCAS you had to complete an education and experience exam before they'd allow you to take written exam. I'm not sure if TA does the same. But one things for sure if you don't have the required experience you will not be refunded your money.

There's no way to know that information, unless you work in the department that handles testing. The only number you need be concerned with is how many people's names are on the established list. But if I had to guess a number more than 6-7K. Could be higher. I remember when I took the exam in 2004 they administered the exam at one high school in each borough. And there had to be at least 2-3K people lined up.

Did anyone receive their results for SA #6600?

My lady took it at Brooklyn Tech on Sunday, 12/13/15 (AM).

We contacted DCAS but there's no record of her SSN on file, so we spoke with an representative who couldn't find anything on 6600, and said we probably have to call MTA directly. 

Any ideas?

We contacted DCAS but there's no record of her SSN on file, so we spoke with an representative who couldn't find anything on 6600, and said we probably have to call MTA directly.

Any ideas?

That's pretty strange that they wouldn't have any information on the exam. But yeah I'd call up TA human resources about this matter.

• 4 weeks later...

Any ideas?

DCAS no longer administers the test for transit. Transit does the testing themselves. Contact transit. BTW they are really slow in grading exams. i guess when they need people they will start scoring it.

Edited by S/A Vee

DCAS no longer administers the test for transit. Transit does the testing themselves. Contact transit. BTW they are really slow in grading exams. i guess when they need people they will start scoring it.

That may be true Vee, but DCAS still handles the certifications of the lists.

• 1 month later...

My first post here is to let everyone know that I received a letter from the MTA on Saturday advising me to come in this Thursday @ 7:30 to begin the pre-employment process for Station Agent. I only got 2 questions wrong based on the proposed answer grid for 6600. My list position is in the top 20.

I've lurked here for a while, and appreciate the depth of information shared, so I don't have many questions at this point. Mostly, I'm surprised the MTA site hasn't been updated with a final answer key for this test as of yet.

I'm concerned about my ability to have input in my schedule out of training. I've read how with C/R's you sometimes can pick the division you work in based on list #. For SA, is there a possibility I can choose between AM/PM tours or is there never any choice in the process starting out?

On the paper it says the title is Station Agent AFC 01-F. Does anyone know what the "01-F" part refers to?

The day before I received this letter, I was booked for an 11:30am interview for an NY Courts position for the same day. With SA's process only seeming to be the initial drug test, do you think it's possible I can make both appointments?

Thanks

My first post here is to let everyone know that I received a letter from the MTA on Saturday advising me to come in this Thursday @ 7:30 to begin the pre-employment process for Station Agent. I only got 2 questions wrong based on the proposed answer grid for 6600. My list position is in the top 20.

I've lurked here for a while, and appreciate the depth of information shared, so I don't have many questions at this point. Mostly, I'm surprised the MTA site hasn't been updated with a final answer key for this test as of yet.

I'm concerned about my ability to have input in my schedule out of training. I've read how with C/R's you sometimes can pick the division you work in based on list #. For SA, is there a possibility I can choose between AM/PM tours or is there never any choice in the process starting out?

On the paper it says the title is Station Agent AFC 01-F. Does anyone know what the "01-F" part refers to?

The day before I received this letter, I was booked for an 11:30am interview for an NY Courts position for the same day. With SA's process only seeming to be the initial drug test, do you think it's possible I can make both appointments?

Thanks

Congrats on getting called. I can answer a few questions for you. First you will not be able to pick between AM/PM tours just coming out of class. You will have an in class pick with what open jobs are available at the time. Pickings are very slim for new agents, but best believe you will be working the busiest locations in system being new, everyone has to earn their stripes.

The "01-F" I have no idea what that means. The Tile since 1999 has been only Station Agent AFC. Being as to the title over the next few years could have something to do with it.

And as far the Courts interview that day may be hard to make, but not impossible. You're only going to be there the first day for drug screening. They'll give you a 20 page application to fill out and get back to you if your drug test comes back clean. So you could get out by 10:30am if everything goes quickly. The only issue is that they usually call people for other titles as well the same day. So that could slow up your process. My advice would be to try and either reschedule the MTA appointment or Courts appointment. It's not likely to get both done in one day.

I'm confused, aren't they supposed to send everyone's scores and make the list public before they start calling names?

TA has been doing a lot of provisional hiring as of lately. I think this what they're doing with S/A title right now. Calling people before they establish a list. They've been doing it with promotional titles as of late, as well.

Has anyone gotten a letter stating they were disqualifed ??

Anyone deemed not qualified would've gotten a letter most likely before taking the exam. You have to pass a Education and Experience test before being allowed to take the exam.

TA has been doing a lot of provisional hiring as of lately. I think this what they're doing with S/A title right now. Calling people before they establish a list. They've been doing it with promotional titles as of late, as well.

Thanks for the insight Will.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I also received a letter today 10/17,  to report this Friday 10/21.  MTA new York City is considering you for a temporary position as a Station Agent AFC 01-f.  Anyone else received the letter?  Does it say temporary position on your letter as well?  Not sure if I would even get hired, but the word temporary scares me.  Anyone know what it means by temporary?  I'm afraid to quit my full time job, to just get a temporary position for a few months.  

Thanks

Hi,

I also received a letter today 10/17, to report this Friday 10/21. MTA new York City is considering you for a temporary position as a Station Agent AFC 01-f. Anyone else received the letter? Does it say temporary position on your letter as well? Not sure if I would even get hired, but the word temporary scares me. Anyone know what it means by temporary? I'm afraid to quit my full time job, to just get a temporary position for a few months.

Thanks[/quote

Wow temporary? Can't say I've ever heard of this before in my time down here. Even the title name is different Station Agent AFC 01-F. Usually it's just Station Agent AFC. I'd inquire about this when you go down there. And get rock solid answers before giving up your full time permanent job.

What was your test score?  

Hi,

I also received a letter today 10/17,  to report this Friday 10/21.  MTA new York City is considering you for a temporary position as a Station Agent AFC 01-f.  Anyone else received the letter?  Does it say temporary position on your letter as well?  Not sure if I would even get hired, but the word temporary scares me.  Anyone know what it means by temporary?  I'm afraid to quit my full time job, to just get a temporary position for a few months.  

Thanks