Station Agent 6600 Hiring Process

nyjdmevo
Message added by Harry,

40px_exams_nyct.png.90c3b2bc7b2c11d53074daf6e1d457a0.png

Station Agent, Exam No. 6600

Application Deadline: July 21, 2015

List Status:  This list has been established as of

Pay: The current minimum salary is $19.4589 per hour for a 40-hour week increasing to $27.7984 in the sixth year of
service.

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (1600's) - For Medical: (1600's)

Next Training Class:

Resources:

Additional:

(Updated December 4, 2021)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, SeanH525 said:

This is huge if true. Could that many people’s letters have been lost in the mail?

Honestly I don’t know what’s going on...that was my experience so I wanted to share in case anyone else was going thru that....it’s nerve wrecking 

31 minutes ago, Nikki0927 said:

I just got my letter to go for interview feb 4th list  # 17** but I want to know if the amount of points you have on your license effect if you get the job or not? 

I’m not sure but I don’t think so since it’s not a position that required you to have a driver license but don’t quote me on that I know parking tickets for sure they’ll send you home 

8 minutes ago, Mlad18 said:

I’m not sure but I don’t think so since it’s not a position that required you to have a driver license but don’t quote me on that I know parking tickets for sure they’ll send you home 

Yeah parking tickets I know I’m just worried because i have one TVB ticket that I’m waiting for the court date on but it’s not until March and I don’t want it to hold me up with the hiring process. I’m willing to pay it if I have to just so I can go on with the process but than I’m worried about the points that the ticket carries.

13 minutes ago, Nikki0927 said:

Yeah parking tickets I know I’m just worried because i have one TVB ticket that I’m waiting for the court date on but it’s not until March and I don’t want it to hold me up with the hiring process. I’m willing to pay it if I have to just so I can go on with the process but than I’m worried about the points that the ticket carries.

I have 3 pending 1 that is moving violation carrying points  I just hired on with lirr as a assistant conductor I’m sure it’s the same process so your actually better of than I was 

41 minutes ago, Mlad18 said:

I have 3 pending 1 that is moving violation carrying points  I just hired on with lirr as a assistant conductor I’m sure it’s the same process so your actually better of than I was 

Thank you for the information and also congratulations. 

Hey all... thank you for all the info and support and positive vibes. I’ve been following but I thought I share my experiences cuz everyone is different... 

I’m number 69x So I got a letter the week of January 2 to go in on the 10th. I had missed my appointment. But I called MTA the next day. The lady asked me if I wanted to still come in and I told her yes. So she said come Monday the 14. I went in that morning 7:30. Like usual wait in line, get checked in, blah blah, but after waiting for a few hours I noticed it wasn’t even busy like there were only about 20 people there. I think some were call backs for final processing or something but who knows. I asked them around 10:30 am if they had forgotten me and they were like wat am I here for. I told them Station Agent. They had to look for my paper work again and then they sent me to the lab. I went in the lab waited less than 10 minutes before I was called to do the drug test. Did everything and was out by 11:30. 

But let me tell you, I went in for conductor pre employment in December and people was literally there all day. When I say that I mean that. The personnel had to tell us then to be prepared to leave very late cuz the group prior to the one I came in with, some people was waiting to be drug tested til after 7:00 PM. N that day I went in December I didn’t leave til after 5. And I had to go home n come back wit documents. 

But I’m hoping since it’s not that many eligibles on the list that the process goes much smoother and faster than any other title. 

Best of luck to all. And keep us informed! 

On 3/20/2018 at 10:15 AM, N1CKR said:

Good morning everyone! I haven't been on this forum for a few months. Good to see things moving along. I just got my pre-employment letter a few days ago. I have to report 1/29/19. I'm so surprise that they are calling me in so fast since the list was just establish a few weeks ago. My list number 146*. Now I'm torn I really want this job, but I just started in Oct at the DMV. I like the job so far but the pay isn't as great as the SA. I work from 8:15-4:30 5 Weekends off and all holidays off. I dont want to give that up but then again I want the better pay with MTA. Ugh decision decision. Anyway good luck to all.

Hey guys I just called. They’re up to list number 516 at the moment for final processing, and the next class is on February 11th. That’s only a few weeks away so I’m assuming any of us that have gone in for pre-employment in the last week or two might be waiting for the March class at the minimum.

On 1/25/2019 at 8:39 AM, Mina said:

Hey all... thank you for all the info and support and positive vibes. I’ve been following but I thought I share my experiences cuz everyone is different... 

I’m number 69x So I got a letter the week of January 2 to go in on the 10th. I had missed my appointment. But I called MTA the next day. The lady asked me if I wanted to still come in and I told her yes. So she said come Monday the 14. I went in that morning 7:30. Like usual wait in line, get checked in, blah blah, but after waiting for a few hours I noticed it wasn’t even busy like there were only about 20 people there. I think some were call backs for final processing or something but who knows. I asked them around 10:30 am if they had forgotten me and they were like wat am I here for. I told them Station Agent. They had to look for my paper work again and then they sent me to the lab. I went in the lab waited less than 10 minutes before I was called to do the drug test. Did everything and was out by 11:30. 

But let me tell you, I went in for conductor pre employment in December and people was literally there all day. When I say that I mean that. The personnel had to tell us then to be prepared to leave very late cuz the group prior to the one I came in with, some people was waiting to be drug tested til after 7:00 PM. N that day I went in December I didn’t leave til after 5. And I had to go home n come back wit documents. 

But I’m hoping since it’s not that many eligibles on the list that the process goes much smoother and faster than any other title. 

Best of luck to all. And keep us informed! 

33 minutes ago, Agentant207 said:

For the education section in the 20pg booklet we have to fill out, does any one know if they just want high school and college or do they want us to put middle school and elementary school info on there as well? Thanks in advance

Just high school, college and any trade/technical schools I believe 

Hey everyone, 

I had a few questions regarding the documents that have to be brought in on the processing date for this position. 

The invitation reads, 'The position for which you are being considered requires the following

• verification of a valid driver's license, if applicable;
  • successful completion of a pre-employment screening, which may include language assessment, review of your DMV record (if applicable) and prior employment history; and
  • successful completion of a drug/alcohol test.
  • original copy of high school diploma or a ged (if required)

Question 1: Is this all I am responsible for brining in?

The rest of the invitation is the Employment Center Instructions packet, that includes the background verification questionnaire, education information, professional or trade license information, etc. 

The first page of this packet reads, "You should bring the following items (A-K) IF APPLICABLE.  Here is a photo: 

89n3j2v.jpg

Question 2: In addition to what was listed above, what am I responsible to bring in from this list?

Thanks, 

starwind

11 minutes ago, starwind said:

Hey everyone, 

I had a few questions regarding the documents that have to be brought in on the processing date for this position. 

The invitation reads, 'The position for which you are being considered requires the following

• verification of a valid driver's license, if applicable;
  • successful completion of a pre-employment screening, which may include language assessment, review of your DMV record (if applicable) and prior employment history; and
  • successful completion of a drug/alcohol test.
  • original copy of high school diploma or a ged (if required)

Question 1: Is this all I am responsible for brining in?

The rest of the invitation is the Employment Center Instructions packet, that includes the background verification questionnaire, education information, professional or trade license information, etc. 

The first page of this packet reads, "You should bring the following items (A-K) IF APPLICABLE.  Here is a photo: 

89n3j2v.jpg

Question 2: In addition to what was listed above, what am I responsible to bring in from this list?

Thanks, 

starwind

Bring everything that is asked...when do you go for preemployment and what’s your list number?

Bring any college diplomas you may have, otherwise the above list about covers it. Make sure you can regurgitate information about what you've been doing with your life since high school.

I paid for an abstract of my license since I got a NYS license in 2017, they never took it, that is more for titles specifically looking for it, and having a license was not mentioned on the NOE as a condition of being qualified - for example, the latest O/C Train Operator test it was - I don't remember having to produce my license period during pre-employment, but when I became permanent they took it, presumably to run it & see if I had any outstanding tickets. (Which they will send you away to take care of before coming back)

It's good to be overprepared rather than sent home for missing one stupid piece of paper.

Pack your patience, they start letting people upstairs at 7, if you're there by then (I know the letter says 7:30 or 8:00) you usually are in and out with waiting for the lab eating up the most time...I was always out by about 11, but their directive to bring a snack is good to heed. It's like a day at the DMV...down to getting your number 😂😂

Edited by hmc12989

2 minutes ago, TrueBlu said:

Bring everything that is asked...when do you go for preemployment and what’s your list number?

Bring everything from the first list of things, or from the second list?

I am scheduled for February 22nd, and my list number was 26xx.