Station Agent 6600 Hiring Process

nyjdmevo
Message added by Harry,

40px_exams_nyct.png.90c3b2bc7b2c11d53074daf6e1d457a0.png

Station Agent, Exam No. 6600

Application Deadline: July 21, 2015

List Status:  This list has been established as of

Pay: The current minimum salary is $19.4589 per hour for a 40-hour week increasing to $27.7984 in the sixth year of
service.

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (1600's) - For Medical: (1600's)

Next Training Class:

Resources:

Additional:

(Updated December 4, 2021)

Just now, StationAgent7-2015 said:

My current job I make 18.00 biweekly I get 1600 take some 1100. If I get quarterly bonus of $400 , that pay check is 2100 I bring home about 1500.00 something like that no vacation or sick time, I accrued 4 hours every pay cycle which I need to accumulate for either vacation or PTO once a month 8 hours. No medical unless I want to buy it Cigna 200 $ a month vision is 7.29 and dental is more money . I pay short term longer term and life insurance, lets be real I don’t ever use that and is money wasted unnecessarily . I am a cautious careful person.

Oh and my metrocard each month is pretaxed 121.00 into a Visa card taken out on my second ch3ck so my second check is about 800.00

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, StationAgent7-2015 said:

My current job I make 18.00 biweekly I get 1600 take some 1100. If I get quarterly bonus of $400 , that pay check is 2100 I bring home about 1500.00 something like that no vacation or sick time, I accrued 4 hours every pay cycle which I need to accumulate for either vacation or PTO once a month 8 hours. No medical unless I want to buy it Cigna 200 $ a month vision is 7.29 and dental is more money . I pay short term longer term and life insurance, lets be real I don’t ever use that and is money wasted unnecessarily . I am a cautious careful person.

I mean you’d probably never use life insurance unless you well...die. So let’s hope not but it’s more for your family and less for you so they can bury you and make sure they’re ok without you.

Just now, Crozay said:

I mean you’d probably never use life insurance unless you well...die. So let’s hope not but it’s more for your family and less for you so they can bury you and make sure they’re ok without you.

Lol.  Absolutely not, never used short term nor used long term disability, but I see a lot of my coworkers always go on it, I don’t know how they always be out sick, but hey they take off 5 weeks , 6 months have other life issues to leave early at 1pm from work, I don’t know what kind of excuses they use, I never received that. 

1 minute ago, Crozay said:

Lmao oh. My bad I misunderstood. You never know. You may need it but hey that’s up to you anyway. You usually don’t even have to pay extra for disability anyway.

For disability short term 15.00 every pay cycle Long term 15.00 every pay cycle , vision 7.29 every pay cycle . I don’t add medical because is 100$ with Cigna every pay cycle with a 7000$ annual deductible. Life insurance 20.00 every pay cycle . All that deductied from my check 

Once again, you've applied for a job that people want PURELY FOR THE BENEFITS. Not contributing to your pension is not an option. Declining medical is also not an option unless you have proof of alternate coverage.

Oh, and that $121 pretax monthly? Lol you get a pass...that's yet another thing you won't be paying for here.

Edited by hmc12989

2 minutes ago, hmc12989 said:

Once again, you've applied for a job that people want PURELY FOR THE BENEFITS. Not contributing to your pension is not an option. Declining medical is also not an option unless you have proof of alternate coverage.

Oh, and that $121 pretax monthly? Lol you get a pass...that's yet another thing you won't be paying for here.

What’s a pension, you have to pay for that .

Yes you pay for the pension, and the percentage of deduction varies based on your earnings because Tier 6 is messed up. It's a variable contribution rate of 3-6% of your pay based upon how much you make.

Like I said, you can't decline medical unless you have proof of coverage elsewhere. Transit provides short term and life insurance for NOTHING and you can buy above that if you want (which clearly you don't.) but you are not forced to.

Edited by hmc12989

8 minutes ago, hmc12989 said:

You get a metrocard like a yearly unlimited one?

4 minutes ago, hmc12989 said:

Yes you pay for the pension, and the percentage of deduction varies based on your earnings because Tier 6 is messed up. It's a variable contribution rate of 3-6% of your pay based upon how much you make.

Like I said, you can't decline medical unless you have proof of coverage elsewhere. Transit provides short term and life insurance for NOTHING and you can buy above that if you want (which clearly you don't.) but you are not forced to.

Great benefits, wow that’s amazing, are there bonus or like quarterly incentives and ratification ballot $1000 each year and how about the raise does everyone get a raise like .20 cents raise that’s what I get at my job .10 cents raise.

6 minutes ago, hmc12989 said:

The pension how much doe you pay every pay period. . And how many years are you on the job like after 25 years you can receive the pension how much will I receive ?

15 minutes ago, hmc12989 said:

Thank you hmc12989 I will be happy that I won’t have to pay that 121.00 a month , do you receive that at the preemployment after you do fingerprinting 

1 minute ago, hmc12989 said:

You aren't given your pass until you show up on the first day.

Nice, I have gained so much knowledge today and happy that everyone was able to provide an insight of the process along the way.

lets hope we get called and when we see each other at the preemployment we recognize each other .. yeiiiiiiiii🤜🏼

Pension pay out is based on how much you made...they take your top 3 earning years and average them or something...this is why you have old timers packing in the OT to pad their pension. Nobody can calculate how much you're taking home in 25 years after promotions/who knows what pay rates will be like then. You certainly will be better off than relying on social security.

2 minutes ago, hmc12989 said:

Pension pay out is based on how much you made...they take your top 3 earning years and average them or something...this is why you have old timers packing in the OT to pad their pension. Nobody can calculate how much you're taking home in 25 years after promotions/who knows what pay rates will be like then. You certainly will be better off than relying on social security.

Absolutely, right now my social security statement says I will receive 1400$ but is there a lot of overtime offered .

you know I work with a lot of people who worked at MTA and NYCHA housing authroity who were let go because they did not have a civil service certification or had taken exams for the positions they were in,. So now with this process in place where ppl take exams I guess it offers more cushion to workers. 

On ‎2‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 12:52 PM, hmc12989 said:

If they didn't send you a disqualification letter over the summer (and I'm talking about snail mail, not the email and phone call charade) then obviously whatever you put down on the filing paperwork back in 2015 passes muster for whatever they consider qualified.

Button down and khakis or similar is fine. People show up in jeans but a.) it says not to, and b.) in my personal opinion that should be used to weed more people out because they can't follow simple directions.

People go on the opposite end of the spectrum and show up in a 3 piece suit...nobody's gonna fault you for that either, but it's overkill lol

Well, if anything, I'm just going to be honest and not lie and pull any punches. Also BTW, good luck to anyone going down Wednesday for your drug test or final processing.