Station Agent 6600 Hiring Process

nyjdmevo
Message added by Harry,

40px_exams_nyct.png.90c3b2bc7b2c11d53074daf6e1d457a0.png

Station Agent, Exam No. 6600

Application Deadline: July 21, 2015

List Status:  This list has been established as of

Pay: The current minimum salary is $19.4589 per hour for a 40-hour week increasing to $27.7984 in the sixth year of
service.

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (1600's) - For Medical: (1600's)

Next Training Class:

Resources:

Additional:

(Updated December 4, 2021)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, MTAKC said:

A mta friend told me that yesterday they got memo. Mta is short of the budget, if cannot find the budget resource, Will cut the work force. They will try to void the situation, but....    

Good news is the proc is still keep on going. 😄

Also be on the look out for letters in the mail. From what I was just told they are sending letters to people who they are not offering a jobs too. They are really back logged so if you haven't received a call and you are below the high 700 then be on the look out. Sorry for the bad news to those people.  

2 minutes ago, sealtea116 said:

Also be on the look out for letters in the mail. From what I was just told they are sending letters to people who they are not offering a jobs too. They are really back logged so if you haven't received a call and you are below the high 700 then be on the look out. Sorry for the bad news to those people.  

That’s odd. Under what criteria would they not offer the position to someone? Or do you mean, people who they never bothered to send a pre-employment invitation to? There are no other requirements beyond passing the drug screening once you’re called in...

3 minutes ago, hmc12989 said:

Four words: one in three rule. Google it, but it has been discussed at length on this forum.

You’re right. I forgot about that. It’s a little silly that they’d even use that rule to weed out people the first few months of hiring, considering they have about 2600 more people to run through before the list is completely gone through.

16 minutes ago, hmc12989 said:

Four words: one in three rule. Google it, but it has been discussed at length on this forum.

You’re right. I forgot about that. It’s a little silly that they’d even use that rule to weed out people the first few months of hiring, considering they have about 2600 more people to run through before the list is completely gone through.

Edit: I read up on this. Apparently your employment history can be used against you, especially if you’ve previously been with the MTA and were fired. I’m assuming they will take other things into consideration such as how many times you were fired from previous employments, education history etc in the case that you are “considered” and ultimately “not selected”. Basically, if it’s between you and two others for that particular position to fill, only one of you will be selected. And in some cases, you can have a better list number but if your credentials or history are at all lacking compared to someone slightly below you, they may opt to move further with that candidate instead. The only way you will be removed from the list, however, is if this happens to you 3 different times. In other words, if you’re not selected when being one of three eligible for 3 consecutive positions. Even then, you can request to be restored to the list.

This happens before background checks are even done, so besides your exam score I am assuming the pre-employment packet is the only thing being used in consideration here.

On 2/23/2019 at 12:26 PM, MTAKC said:

A meta friend told me that yesterday they got memo. Mta is short of the budget, if cannot find the budget resource, Will cut the work force. They will try to void the situation, but...

I don't have a copy of the memo but I saw it yesterday.

take it easy. if short of budge, mta just freeze the hiring proc. It will not get rid of people in the list. This list lasts until 2022. 

As hmc12989 explain 1 out of 3, here is the detail as I know.  10 people pass the exam, then 1 does not get pre-empl letter ,  2 do not pass the drug test, 2 do not pass the background check. 1 do not want the job anymore, 1 miss the final- empl , so almost only 3 people or less stay at the end.  mta does not do 1 out of 3, but post office does it. My wife passed the city carrier exam and the interview was 1 out of 3 people.

As SeanH525 said :   list is up to 832.  good news, it still keeps on going.

My opinion about the 1 n 3 rule...it is used within the civil service hiring process but for this list I feel it defeats the purpose due to the fact the list is so small. Who knows what MTA is really doing with the list but hey let’s just keep hope alive lol as long as they keep postponing the upcoming exam that’s better for those still waiting. Just sit back and see what happens next.. good luck to all

So I went to pre employment and the drug test I know for sure I passed the drug test and they only have the pre employment packet that has very little information on it. The information that is in the employment pack is the same that they have when I first applied so I got this far with the same information so I don't know what is going on. This also happen to be during the provisional part as well again did the whole things pre employment for provisional and drug test. I called today and they told me that I will get a letter in the mail. The only thing that could hurt me is that I was laid off of a sales job for not hitting quota and after that I went back to school for 4 years. I have a 4 year gap in employment because of school. I did not lie on the applications I told them everything about being let go and school I provide my degrees. I don't know I guess I will be given the same letter that I got for the provisional job. Will find out in a few days when it comes. I Spoke to a friend with the MTA who did the same things as me with getting let go from the same job going back to school and he now works for the MTA he was a station agent and now is a conductor he did say that they use the 1 in 3 rule.  

Edited by sealtea116

5 minutes ago, sealtea116 said:

So I went to pre employment and the drug test I know for sure I passed the drug test and they only have the pre employment packet that has very little information on it. The information that is in the employment pack is the same that they have when I first applied so I got this far with the same information so I don't know what is going on. This also happen to be during the provisional part as well again did the whole things pre employment for provisional and drug test. I called today and they told me that I will get a letter in the mail. The only thing that could hurt me is that I was laid off of a sales job for not hitting quota and after that I went back to school for 4 years. I have a 4 year gap in employment because of school. I did not lie on the applications I told them everything about being let go and school I provide my degrees. I don't know I guess I will be given the same letter that I got for the provisional job. Will find out in a few days when it comes. I Spoke to a friend with the MTA who did the same things as me with getting let go from the same job going back to school and he now works for the MTA he was a station agent and now is a conductor he did say that they use the 1 in 3 rule.  

I’m assuming maybe in this particular batch of people it’s not often that they’re finding people with a 4 year gap in employment? I’m not sure if that’s what the issue would be in your case, but from what I’ve read they don’t even bother inviting you for final processing if they use the 1 in 3 rule for your application.

I can’t imagine why they’d have you come again for the permanent position process if it was a problem for them during the provisional process as well. That’s ridiculous.

Edited by SeanH525

11 minutes ago, sealtea116 said:

God bless you, Congratulations moving on to the next phase. Maybe God continue to walk you through.🙂