Jump to content
Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
nyjdmevo

Station Agent 6600 Hiring Process

SevenEleven

Under construction

Message added by SevenEleven

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, SeanH525 said:

I’ll call tomorrow to try and see if they’re done scheduling classes for now. If I remember right they paused for a week or so when they got into the 500s or 700s. I can’t remember.

OK. Thank you. That would be great. Looking forward to hearing that info!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, SA2019 said:

OK. Thank you. That would be great. Looking forward to hearing that info!

As of right now there aren’t any new classes scheduled for Station Agent. Mrs. Watson informed me that she doesn’t know when and if new ones will be scheduled because the department relays that information to her. And then HR will subsequently call in more people from the list for new drug tests past the 30 day mark and then final processing shortly after. So as of right now, there aren’t more classes scheduled but that doesn’t mean there won’t be soon enough. She was purposely vague as usual, but I suspect there might be a short pause for a month or two. I’m speculating based on my experience with MTA hiring process so they don’t take that as fact guys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, SeanH525 said:

As of right now there aren’t any new classes scheduled for Station Agent. Mrs. Watson informed me that she doesn’t know when and if new ones will be scheduled because the department relays that information to her. And then HR will subsequently call in more people from the list for new drug tests past the 30 day mark and then final processing shortly after. So as of right now, there aren’t more classes scheduled but that doesn’t mean there won’t be soon enough. She was purposely vague as usual, but I suspect there might be a short pause for a month or two. I’m speculating based on my experience with MTA hiring process so they don’t take that as fact guys.

Thank you for this information and for making the call. I guess we will just have to be patient, and hope for the best outcome. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/27/2019 at 9:47 PM, Agentant207 said:

Thank you! How do you like it so far if you dont mind me asking?

The job can be very challenging depending on the location you’re working at. I was a Clerk for 10 years and I had my share of good and bad days. In the beginning you’re going to be working all over the place, even in other boroughs and lines far from your house. They’ll try to keep you in your zone which is determined by your home subway station( the subway station closest to your home address), but sometimes you’ll have to work where you’re needed most.  Best advice I can give you is keep your money and paperwork very organized in the booth so that you don’t get any shortages, and avoid confrontations with customers as best as you can. 10 years in the booth and I’ve had less than 5 customer complaints, with none of them sticking. If you have any further questions I’ll be glad to answer them have a great day. 

Edited by WillBx-Supervisor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/27/2019 at 5:51 AM, ChrisNShani said:

Just to update everyone , I got sworn in yesterday 2/26/19 - my list number was in the late 800’s. I got put in the April 8th class, and they are also starting the list for the April 22nd class. 

Blessings to everyone ! 

 

On 2/27/2019 at 6:07 AM, Agentant207 said:

Congrats! I sworn in yesterday also, I'll be in the same class

Congrats to both you guys, I see you’re starting class this Monday. Pick up as much as you can in class, and on your oberservation day, and booth take over days. But you’ll learn the majority of the job once you’re on the road on your own. Hope to one day run into y’all on the road good luck!

Edited by WillBx-Supervisor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, WillBx-Supervisor said:

The job can be very challenging depending on the location you’re working at. I was a Clerk for 10 years and I had my share of good and bad days. In the beginning you’re going to be working all over the place, even in other boroughs and lines far from your house. They’ll try to keep you in your zone which is determined by your home subway station( the subway station closest to your home address), but sometimes you’ll have to work where you’re needed most.  Best advice I can give you is keep your money and paperwork very organized in the booth so that you don’t get any shortages, and avoid confrontations with customers as best as you can. 10 years in the booth and I’ve had less than 5 customer complaints, with none of them sticking. If you have any further questions I’ll be glad to answer them have a great day. 

Thank you for your detailed Info! I live in Staten Island so expect to do a lot of traveling lol Would Brooklyn be considered my zone? I think bayridge R line is the closest train station to the island.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello All,

    I went for PE on Jan 31. As I’m waiting for a callback I realized that my US Passport is due to expire June 1, 2019. Just wondering when I’m eventually called back for another PE appointment or hopefully Final Processing would I be able to submit a color copy of my passport being that I’ll be in the process of renewing it. For reference my list number is in the late late 1500s. One other question, since my 3 to 90 days is due to be up at the end of April, should I be concerned that I haven’t been contacted yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/6/2019 at 9:53 AM, Agentant207 said:

Thank you for your detailed Info! I live in Staten Island so expect to do a lot of traveling lol Would Brooklyn be considered my zone? I think bayridge R line is the closest train station to the island.

Yes you can select that as your home station. That will be zone 3, which is governed by the 7thavenue field office. But still no guarantee you’ll be kept in Brooklyn. You can be assigned to work at any station on the subway system. So don’t be shocked. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, nycal30 said:

Hello All,

    I went for PE on Jan 31. As I’m waiting for a callback I realized that my US Passport is due to expire June 1, 2019. Just wondering when I’m eventually called back for another PE appointment or hopefully Final Processing would I be able to submit a color copy of my passport being that I’ll be in the process of renewing it. For reference my list number is in the late late 1500s. One other question, since my 3 to 90 days is due to be up at the end of April, should I be concerned that I haven’t been contacted yet.

You should give them a call before the end of the month for further details. But from what I’ve read here they’re only up to the 1000”s list numbers. So there’s still a few hundred people before you. So I wouldn’t worry about it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 4/6/2019 at 9:53 AM, Agentant207 said:

Thank you for your detailed Info! I live in Staten Island so expect to do a lot of traveling lol Would Brooklyn be considered my zone? I think bayridge R line is the closest train station to the island.

They've been kicking Zone 3 people up to Zone 1 (Upper Manhattan & Bronx) pretty routinely lately. They tend to do that until some classes come out behind you, and then you get kept closer to home and they get the shaft instead. Keep that in mind when you start...ran into a couple of new people this past week that were pretty frustrated about it...I told them it does eventually get better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, hmc12989 said:

 

They've been kicking Zone 3 people up to Zone 1 (Upper Manhattan & Bronx) pretty routinely lately. They tend to do that until some classes come out behind you, and then you get kept closer to home and they get the shaft instead. Keep that in mind when you start...ran into a couple of new people this past week that were pretty frustrated about it...I told them it does eventually get better.

Thanks for the info...yea I'm sure it will get frustrating in the beginning...I know what I signed up for though, I'm just happy to have the opportunity and I'm excited to start...it seems fare..newbies gotta pay there dues lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Everyone, good evening. I got called for P/E back on February 20....my list number is 26XX. I was just wondering what is the phone number I can call to inquire about any possible updates? Also, when I went there, I was told to expect a phone call between 3-90 days, and the drug exam is only valid for 30 days. They also gave me the 21 page booklet to fill out and bring it back when the call me back the next time. So I'm just curious about what happens next....anybody know what list number they're up to at the moment? Thank you for your time in reading and answering my questions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve been trying to reach Ms. Watson for the last couple of days because I’m not sure how this goes: I was in for PE on 1/24, and 4/24 will make 90 days. Regardless of whether they’re calling off the list at the current time, don’t I need to submit another sample in that time frame? It’s 2 weeks away. I’m assuming she’s on vacation or something this week because I haven’t been able to reach her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a good idea to follow up with her, but if they're ready to put you in a class and your drug test is about to expire, they'll send you again for the whole PE process. I once did it two weeks apart because they couldn't make up their mind what class I was going to be in and if I ended up in the later one it would have been expired by day 1 of class. What was your list #? They're up to about 1000 for final processing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now my other question is I went in on February 20 for a drug test. its now currently Aprill 11, therefore my drug test is expired....so what do I do now? Do I wait for a notice in the mail or a phone call? Anyone know?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, train1290 said:

Now my other question is I went in on February 20 for a drug test. its now currently Aprill 11, therefore my drug test is expired....so what do I do now? Do I wait for a notice in the mail or a phone call? Anyone know?

If you took your test, I believe its 90 days until it expires. You should have until about may 20th. They'll send you another letter in the mail to take an additional test.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Crozay said:

If you took your test, I believe its 90 days until it expires. You should have until about may 20th. They'll send you another letter in the mail to take an additional test.

Ok, well according to the woman I spoke to at the counter at 180 Livingston street back in February... she told me drug exams are valid for only 30 days, medical and paper work are valid for 90 days upon the day you submit them in. That's why im just curious.....well thank you for answering and taking the time out of your day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, train1290 said:

Ok, well according to the woman I spoke to at the counter at 180 Livingston street back in February... she told me drug exams are valid for only 30 days, medical and paper work are valid for 90 days upon the day you submit them in. That's why im just curious.....well thank you for answering and taking the time out of your day.

Welcome to TA: nobody at 180 is on the same page.

I'm not even being sarcastic. Both pre-employment and post hire, you ask three people the same question and you'll get three different answers. Both your whiz quiz and paperwork are valid for 90 days, though in my experience when sent for another test two weeks after my 2nd one...I had to fill out YET ANOTHER pre-employment packet. Third time was the charm though ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/12/2019 at 9:04 PM, hmc12989 said:

Welcome to TA: nobody at 180 is on the same page.

I'm not even being sarcastic. Both pre-employment and post hire, you ask three people the same question and you'll get three different answers. Both your whiz quiz and paperwork are valid for 90 days, though in my experience when sent for another test two weeks after my 2nd one...I had to fill out YET ANOTHER pre-employment packet. Third time was the charm though ;)

First off, I want to say thank you for taking the time out of your day to answer my question I appreciate it. When I went back in February they gave me the 21 page booklet, and told me that the next time I get called back that I have to have it filled out to submit in. So with that being said ill just keep patiently waiting in the mean time. Once again, thank you very much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't even bother bringing that until you're sent for final processing. You'll get another one when sent for pre-employment again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.