Station Agent 6600 Hiring Process

nyjdmevo
Message added by Harry,

40px_exams_nyct.png.90c3b2bc7b2c11d53074daf6e1d457a0.png

Station Agent, Exam No. 6600

Application Deadline: July 21, 2015

List Status:  This list has been established as of

Pay: The current minimum salary is $19.4589 per hour for a 40-hour week increasing to $27.7984 in the sixth year of
service.

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (1600's) - For Medical: (1600's)

Next Training Class:

Resources:

Additional:

(Updated December 4, 2021)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/19/2019 at 1:49 PM, SeanH525 said:

Has anyone been able to get through to Mrs. Watson? My attempts to call the last week and half, there’s never any answer. Maybe she’s on vacation?

Got through today. Still at 1138... apparently all vacancies have been filled at this time. They'll start calling again once theres more vacancies. That's what I'm told

1 hour ago, Crozay said:

Got through today. Still at 1138... apparently all vacancies have been filled at this time. They'll start calling again once theres more vacancies. That's what I'm told

No one need panic about this. There will surely be more vacancies in the 3 and a half year period that the list will be current for. I wouldn’t worry too much about this - it might take the rest of the year but they’ll start calling again. There’s no way there will be 0 vacancies for that long. People retire every year.

They hired off of the last conductor test (whatever it was before 6601) for 10 years. Hiring ebbs and flows...and as I mentioned a few pages back, and got my head bit off for mentioning...a lot of what seemed like whipping through the list was flipping provisionals to permanent.

Once they start making Wayfinder more of a thing and booth work goes the way of the dodo, a lot of the old timers will put in their papers because they want nothing to do with being out of the booth.

2 hours ago, hmc12989 said:

They hired off of the last conductor test (whatever it was before 6601) for 10 years. Hiring ebbs and flows...and as I mentioned a few pages back, and got my head bit off for mentioning...a lot of what seemed like whipping through the list was flipping provisionals to permanent.

Once they start making Wayfinder more of a thing and booth work goes the way of the dodo, a lot of the old timers will put in their papers because they want nothing to do with being out of the booth.

What is WayFinder?

• Harry featured this topic
On 4/24/2019 at 4:59 PM, SeanH525 said:

No one need panic about this. There will surely be more vacancies in the 3 and a half year period that the list will be current for. I wouldn’t worry too much about this - it might take the rest of the year but they’ll start calling again. There’s no way there will be 0 vacancies for that long. People retire every year.

How about ppl. Ot retire and just continue working with the MTA even while their in their caskets.. too

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, EgyptianEyez said:

Mines expired early this month. I'm still waiting too. MTA is backwards. It might be months before they start calling again.

I wouldn’t worry guys. I haven’t heard back either and mine expired in April. It’s probably just not cost-efficient for them to schedule more drug tests until they know they’re about to schedule more classes. I’m sure that’ll happen by the end of the year.

17 minutes ago, SeanH525 said:

I wouldn’t worry guys. I haven’t heard back either and mine expired in April. It’s probably just not cost-efficient for them to schedule more drug tests until they know they’re about to schedule more classes. I’m sure that’ll happen by the end of the year.

Bingo.

They had been cranking out classes nonstop - I think it's been a couple of weeks since the last one started. They probably have no need for more classes at the moment. 

When I was in my last week of class (around Easter) I was told there were three more classes after mine and that was it for the time being.  They were waiting for more people to retire before they start doing final processing for any more people.  

But don’t be discouraged they pull from these lists for a few years, I’m sure you guys will get your call much sooner than later 

2 hours ago, JessiBell said:

When I was in my last week of class (around Easter) I was told there were three more classes after mine and that was it for the time being.  They were waiting for more people to retire before they start doing final processing for any more people.  

But don’t be discouraged they pull from these lists for a few years, I’m sure you guys will get your call much sooner than later 

How do you like your job?

is there alot of racism and hate among coworkers?

On 5/24/2019 at 2:48 AM, StationAgent7-2015 said:

How do you like your job?

is there alot of racism and hate among coworkers?

I never encountered any Racism down here from co-workers, but there is nonsense from the passengers.  Some co-workers forget they are talking to another adult sometimes.

Life in the booth is decent if you can tolerate being in a box for 8 hours and have thick skin.

On 5/31/2019 at 12:51 AM, Dave2836 said:

I never encountered any Racism down here from co-workers, but there is nonsense from the passengers.  Some co-workers forget they are talking to another adult sometimes.

Life in the booth is decent if you can tolerate being in a box for 8 hours and have thick skin.

Thank you hope everything turns well for you, Happy for you getting the position.

take care 

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, SA2019 said:

Hi All. Called today for an update. I was told there are more vacancies coming up next month (July). Good luck to us all!! 👍

I hope so. We just have to wait and see. I know my drug test expired so waiting to see when they will call us back for the 2nd one.