Station Agent 6600 Hiring Process

nyjdmevo
Message added by Harry,

40px_exams_nyct.png.90c3b2bc7b2c11d53074daf6e1d457a0.png

Station Agent, Exam No. 6600

Application Deadline: July 21, 2015

List Status:  This list has been established as of

Pay: The current minimum salary is $19.4589 per hour for a 40-hour week increasing to $27.7984 in the sixth year of
service.

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (1600's) - For Medical: (1600's)

Next Training Class:

Resources:

Additional:

(Updated December 4, 2021)

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I called for an update yesterday. She said they called up to 1200. So they hired 62 more Station Agents. I have the feeling that they will be calling like this every 2 or 3 months. (Hopefully speaking). I personally have 400 and change in front of me. I am hoping to hear back for The new year. 

4 hours ago, SA2019 said:

I called for an update yesterday. She said they called up to 1200. So they hired 62 more Station Agents. I have the feeling that they will be calling like this every 2 or 3 months. (Hopefully speaking). I personally have 400 and change in front of me. I am hoping to hear back for The new year. 

Good to hear. My list # is 14** and I waiting to see when they will call me for another drug test. Has anyone been called back yet for 2nd drug test?

13 hours ago, Tai said:

I took the pre employment drug test in February. Their up to list number 1138. My number is 2590. Do you think I will get called? 

Me too, they sent me a letter in the mail to take a pre employment drug test in February 2019. My list number is 26xx. 

Does anybody have the phone number to call for the Station Agent list?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
10 minutes ago, EgyptianEyez said:

Hmmm I guess no one is sharing new info anymore or no one from this forum has been called back 

I called a few days ago and they are up to 1216 for final processing. I imagine there will be a couple of more classes before year’s end.

i imagine that bodes well for anyone else like me who’s in the next 100 list numbers.

• 1 month later...

I just called a minute ago. They are still up to 1216, no current vacancies at the moment. So no classes scheduled as of this time.

Mrs. Watson didn’t say this, but I imagine there will be more vacancies coming by early next year. So by then, I believe it will start up again

2 hours ago, Brooklyn one said:

If they’re not hiring for the holidays then that doesn’t look good for the future. 

They never seem to have classes around the holidays. I wouldn't declare that it "doesn't look good for the future".

Hiring ebbs and flows. When more clerks retire, they'll hire more. A lot of people go out in the beginning of the year. I personally got screwed by the holiday hiring freeze and was in the 2nd class of the year when I got hired...and that was April of the year I got hired.

Keep being patient.

Edited by hmc12989

• 1 month later...

Nothing. I haven’t bothered calling because I had a feeling there wouldn’t be any classes until Q1 2020. Since I’ve heard/received nothing, and year 2 out of 4 is about to begin for this list, I think the feeling was on the money.

Happy Holidays and be patient anyone who’s still looking here. Shouldn’t be too much longer for the ball to get rolling. My dad is a retired train operator and he says the holidays are always slow for new hires.