Station Agent 6600 Hiring Process

nyjdmevo
Message added by Harry,

40px_exams_nyct.png.90c3b2bc7b2c11d53074daf6e1d457a0.png

Station Agent, Exam No. 6600

Application Deadline: July 21, 2015

List Status:  This list has been established as of

Pay: The current minimum salary is $19.4589 per hour for a 40-hour week increasing to $27.7984 in the sixth year of
service.

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (1600's) - For Medical: (1600's)

Next Training Class:

Resources:

Additional:

(Updated December 4, 2021)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/30/2020 at 11:17 AM, WillBx-Supervisor said:

First and foremost congrats on being hired. Now to answer your questions. While you’re in class I’d suggest you drive being as much class time takes place at the Learning Center(Formerly PS 248), at 25th Avenue in Brooklyn. Since you live in Long Island this would be a mission for you to get to on the train everyday. You’ve finished class then I’d suggest you take the system. Because if you’re late they aren’t going to want to hear you had car trouble or there was traffic. As per the rule book you’re to travel to work using the system. They give us a pass to use for travel on the system. Since you live in Long Island you’ll get your pass with Long Island commuter railroad privileges. 

now as far as scheduling you’re going to be what call as an extra, and yes it’s exactly what it sounds like, you’re an extra body to be used as the system sees fit. Each day depending on your tour of duty you’ll call OSAC(Operation Support Assignment Center) at a designated time frame and a supervisor on The desk will give you your assignment for the following day. On your RDOs(Regular Days Off) <As you can see there’s lots or jargon and acronyms for you to learn while working for transit>You’ll call for your assignment the day before you’re scheduled to return to work. Now normally when you’re assigned as an extra out of class they’ll assign you to what we call a zone depending on your home subway station(the closest subway station to your home address, or whatever station you choose as your home station) and you’ll be assigned a job within that area. But sometimes they will send you wherever they need you, especially if you get bumped out of that job. As an extra you’re usually filling in for an agent that’s sick or has an approved leave day. If covering for a sick agent and they return back to work, you’ll be bumped to wherever they need you to work in the system. Now you’ll work in this capacity u til you’re able to pick a steady job during the station agents job pick, which is every 6 months. There’s much more info for you to learn, but too much for me to type here. I hope this has answered all your questions. If you have anymore questions, please feel free to private message me. Have a great day. 

THANKS!

It answered the questions I had, I haven't been hired YET just to be clear, still a few hundred numbers away at 17** Didn't want to give the wrong impression. 

Sry bout the delayed thx/re-reply, I used to check this forum everyday but it went dormant for long stretches too many times so I pop in roughly every couple weeks. 

20 minutes ago, Tortilla said:

THANKS!

It answered the questions I had, I haven't been hired YET just to be clear, still a few hundred numbers away at 17** Didn't want to give the wrong impression. 

Sry bout the delayed thx/re-reply, I used to check this forum everyday but it went dormant for long stretches too many times so I pop in roughly every couple weeks. 

Yeah I realized that after typing my reponer, but figured you’d get the gist of what I was saying. 

1 hour ago, SA2019 said:

Good morning. Any updates? I don't want to call too much...🌞

Honestly I’d advise all you guys to just stop calling period. All you’re doing is making the wait to be called seem longer. Just continue on without and when they get to your number you’ll be contacted. Now if an unreasonable amount of time passes by, then I’d call. But to blunt TA only needs a certain number of agents, and they don’t hire much past that hard set number of 2800 clerks. The y only hire as people promote, retire or get terminated. They’ll probably hire two classes per month for a few months to come and then stop hiring for a while. Usually a class consist of 20 people. But by all means don’t drive your self crazy calling so much. 

Havnt heard anything yet! Im guessing this is just part of the process.. My number is up i was told to wait for a letter so im automatically thinking 2 to 3 days not taking into account what process they go through first so it can be longer!!! Im Just anxious!!! Good luck

9 hours ago, Thediz1 said:

Havnt heard anything yet! Im guessing this is just part of the process.. My number is up i was told to wait for a letter so im automatically thinking 2 to 3 days not taking into account what process they go through first so it can be longer!!! Im Just anxious!!! Good luck

What’s your list #?

On 2/18/2020 at 3:09 PM, Thediz1 said:

Do they notify you as immediately as your nuber is called or does it take a few days or weeks for the email or letter. Thanks in advance

The MYA doesn’t move that fast. Just because they get up to your number, doesn’t mean they’re going to immediately send you an email to report for pre-employment. They have get classes scheduled, and have the budget to hire new agents at the time or the need for new agents at the time as well. Like I previously posted you guys really need to stop rushing the process. Just wait patiently, your time will comen before I got hire in 2005 I just took the exam, got my list number and didn’t think much of being called. That’s how you’ve gotta he taking these civil service exams. It could take anywhere from 1 year to 5 years or longer in some cases to be called for processing.