Station Agent 6600 Hiring Process

nyjdmevo
Message added by Harry,

40px_exams_nyct.png.90c3b2bc7b2c11d53074daf6e1d457a0.png

Station Agent, Exam No. 6600

Application Deadline: July 21, 2015

List Status:  This list has been established as of

Pay: The current minimum salary is $19.4589 per hour for a 40-hour week increasing to $27.7984 in the sixth year of
service.

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (1600's) - For Medical: (1600's)

Next Training Class:

Resources:

Additional:

(Updated December 4, 2021)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/27/2020 at 6:52 PM, Maican90 said:

Is anyone on here starting class March 30th ?, that is the start date of class for me. I was sworn in today did my fingerprinting and took my picture as the final phase of processing.

Congrats, and welcome aboard. You’ll have 4 weeks of class to absorb as much as you can from the official training course, but you won’t truly learn the job until you’re in the field. Maybe one of these days in the near future I’ll have the pleasure of running into you. In your first year while you’re a probie, do your job to the letter and avoid customer complaints as best as you can, and you’ll breeze through your one year of probation. Once again congrats, and good fortune on your new career. 

51 minutes ago, Will-Bx-718 said:

Congrats, and welcome aboard. You’ll have 4 weeks of class to absorb as much as you can from the official training course, but you won’t truly learn the job until you’re in the field. Maybe one of these days in the near future I’ll have the pleasure of running into you. In your first year while you’re a probie, do your job to the letter and avoid customer complaints as best as you can, and you’ll breeze through your one year of probation. Once again congrats, and good fortune on your new career. 

Thank you, I’m excited and I‘d appreciate any knowledge or additional insight you may be able to share with me. Looking forward to running into you as well. 

25 minutes ago, Thediz1 said:

still waiting for letter or email..im 146*. have you called to see if they're up to your number? I read on this post that someone in the 1600's is starting class . 

Last time I spoke to mrs Watson she said they were at 1636.

2 hours ago, Thediz1 said:

still waiting for letter or email..im 146*. have you called to see if they're up to your number? I read on this post that someone in the 1600's is starting class . 

So it can be a letter through the mail or an email right? I hope so my email is moderately long so a backup letter in the mail would be great. Isn't there a phone call attached to this as well? I have not recently called for a number update. I hope it is past the 1636. I do not want to keep calling I feel like I am being a pain. So I'm just going to ease up on that and wait and and hopefully others will post as they check in. I hope you receive your letter or email or phone call soon

Hi Will 

I have a few questions if you don’t mind me bothering .

What is done for the first two days of orientation before we head to transit school ? (Uniforms, metrocards) 

Is there a chance of getting a booth job in Staten Island being there is only 1 train ? 

Are there rules about hair color and such ? 

4 hours ago, Skyegirl21 said:

Hi Will 

What is done for the first two days of orientation before we head to transit school ? (Uniforms, metrocards) 

Is there a chance of getting a booth job in Staten Island being there is only 1 train ? 

Unfortunately no booths on the island, sirr is a separate division in the mta, you will have a choice of lower Manhattan or Bayridge Brooklyn as your home station. No rule on hair color, you can have whatever color you choose as far as I know. First day of orientation is hr stuff such as paper work, general rules, and you will receive you epic pass (metro card). Second day is at the union hall, filling out paperwork and getting info on the union. Uniform fittings are usually the second week of training. 

4 hours ago, Skyegirl21 said:

Hi Will 

22 minutes ago, Agentant207 said:

Unfortunately no booths on the island, sirr is a separate division in the mta, you will have a choice of lower Manhattan or Bayridge Brooklyn as your home station. No rule on hair color, you can have whatever color you choose as far as I know. First day of orientation is hr stuff such as paper work, general rules, and you will receive you epic pass (metro card). Second day is at the union hall, filling out paperwork and getting info on the union. Uniform fittings are usually the second week of training. 

Yeah everyone he said honestly I couldn’t remember exactly what we did the first two days being as that was 15 years ago for me. But first two days will be very boring I can tell you.

I can mostly remember the format of the training course. First two weeks they train you the rules and procedures of TA, as well as the paperwork. But nowadays their isn’t much paperwork any longer for station agents. When I started there was much more paperwork to deal with, and different types of fare media to deal with as well.

The third week you’ll do AFC training(learning how to encode metrocards, and learn how to use the computer system in the booth). The last week of class is reviewing everything you’ve  learned in class. Then you’ll do a one day booth observation where you’ll work with a veteran station agent and observe how a day working in the booth is, but you won’t make any transactions or be responsible for any funds in the booth. 

The next two days you’ll do a booth takeover where you’ll be once again working in the booth with a veteran station agent, but you’ll be doing all the transactions and be responsible for all the money in the booth. So for those three days you won’t report to the school. You’ll be reporting on duty at the selected subway stations. The following day will be another review day, and review of your paperwork you retained from your days in the booth. And the next day will be finals day. It sounds like a lot, but you’ll get through it. Good luck and if you have any further questions while I’m class feel free to inbox me. 

3 hours ago, Skyegirl21 said:

Are the first two days of orientation 8hrs ??

All days are 8 hours. You’ll be working from 0700-1500(8am to 3pm) on most days. Also learn military time(24 hours clock) if you’re not familiar with it, because transit only operates and fills out paperwork in a 24 hour clock format.