Station Agent 6600 Hiring Process

nyjdmevo
Message added by Harry,

40px_exams_nyct.png.90c3b2bc7b2c11d53074daf6e1d457a0.png

Station Agent, Exam No. 6600

Application Deadline: July 21, 2015

List Status:  This list has been established as of

Pay: The current minimum salary is $19.4589 per hour for a 40-hour week increasing to $27.7984 in the sixth year of
service.

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (1600's) - For Medical: (1600's)

Next Training Class:

Resources:

Additional:

(Updated December 4, 2021)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/29/2021 at 9:55 AM, SA2019 said:

Good morning. I just called to see if they were calling people for final processing and the person I spoke to said they called up to 1092. If I'm not mistaken they were way past that before the pandemic hit? I am just a bit confused.

Ms Watson told me that since they had the hiring freeze during the pandemic everybody was placed back on the list..so now when they started recalling ppl..some ppl who didn’t respond previously are responding now and if their list number is before yours then you get pushed back..my list number is in the 1600’s and I was sworn in last year in March but then the rescinded the offer due to the hiring freeze..

• Harry unfeatured this topic
On 12/3/2021 at 9:29 PM, Vibez3030 said:

Ms Watson told me that since they had the hiring freeze during the pandemic everybody was placed back on the list..so now when they started recalling ppl..some ppl who didn’t respond previously are responding now and if their list number is before yours then you get pushed back..my list number is in the 1600’s and I was sworn in last year in March but then the rescinded the offer due to the hiring freeze..

Got ya. That makes sense. I'm in the early 1600's, hope they call before the list expires. Thanks for the update. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know what will happen to the station agents if they’re hired and then they get rid of the position in future being that metro cards will be obsolete. Will they terminate them or lay them off? Will they get to keep their jobs and have to switch positions. I’m in the process and would like insight for long term purposes. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/8/2021 at 3:45 PM, Mtahopeful121986 said:

Just curious what are the hours or shifts of this job? Also is their a lot of overtime?

Goes by seniority, 3 tours , all different hours. When you go in, you pick from what is left.  AM PM NITE Vacation relief, Lunch Rellief.  The further back you are, the less choices you have,My friend retired after 31 years at the end of 2020.  You can work anywhere in the system any hour of the day by tour.  Vacation Relief you can work any station in the system any tour week by week. Lunch relklief you run around from station to station giving them 1;/2 hour breaks,

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/10/2022 at 9:53 PM, brokecrazy said:

Goes by seniority, 3 tours , all different hours. When you go in, you pick from what is left.  AM PM NITE Vacation relief, Lunch Rellief.  The further back you are, the less choices you have,My friend retired after 31 years at the end of 2020.  You can work anywhere in the system any hour of the day by tour.  Vacation Relief you can work any station in the system any tour week by week. Lunch relklief you run around from station to station giving them 1;/2 hour breaks,

Wow great information thanks.. what is the starting pay?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Mtahopeful121986 said:

Would you be able to tell me if you was contacted recently for station agent? I was contacted in May and nave not heard anything since. Just want to know whats going on if you have any information. 

I just did a drug test but ill keep u posted 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...