Station Agent 6600 Hiring Process

nyjdmevo
Message added by Harry,

40px_exams_nyct.png.90c3b2bc7b2c11d53074daf6e1d457a0.png

Station Agent, Exam No. 6600

Application Deadline: July 21, 2015

List Status:  This list has been established as of

Pay: The current minimum salary is $19.4589 per hour for a 40-hour week increasing to $27.7984 in the sixth year of
service.

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (1600's) - For Medical: (1600's)

Next Training Class:

Resources:

Additional:

(Updated December 4, 2021)

@chychy814,

Did Transit call or write you to offer you the job?

I'm curious because I'm waiting for exam results myself (open competitive conductor 6601) and wondering if they might do the same for that exam.

I got a letter in the mail in the beginning of August I took my exam December 2015 from what I was told the people with the highest scores is receiving letters before the list is established

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You go in to 180 Livingston to do a drug test and get a 21 page packet to fill out your work history, arrest history, and conviction history.

If your drug test comes back clean and you have no pending court appearances or tickets then you come back when notified usually via email to complete final processing and be sworn in.

How long after the drug test should I expect to hear back from mta

How long after the drug test should I expect to hear back from mta

The standard answer is 3 to 90 days. If you provided an email or telephone #, be sure to check your messages. I provided them with my phone number, email, and physical address and they chose to email me my notification.

Do you remember the date you took your exam? I took mine on 12/13/15 at 9am. I'm just trying figure out how the mta decides to hire people with the same score. Thanks.

no military

Do you remember the date you took your exam? I took mine on 12/13/15 at 9am. I'm just trying figure out how the mta decides to hire people with the same score. Thanks.

I took mines 12/13/15 at 1:30pm

Alright, thanks a lot. Hopefully I will get a letter soon. Good luck on your hiring process.

Thank you very much I been doing my research they been hiring people from the exam since oct 2016 first set oct , second set Jan 2017, third april 2017 now forth August 17 if that helps good luck and check your mail when you receive the letter you interview will be with in 3 days drugs test same you will be there all day so prepare for that wish you the best

Thank you very much I been doing my research they been hiring people from the exam since oct 2016 first set oct , second set Jan 2017, third april 2017 now forth August 17 if that helps good luck and check your mail when you receive the letter you interview will be with in 3 days drugs test same you will be there all day so prepare for that wish you the best

how did you come across the information? Did you call? I have been looking everywhere for info on hiring and didn't find anything helpful. Thanks for sharing that info.

hi guys, i'm wondering how some people got mail from mta. i took the test on 13 December 15 at 1.30pm . in addition, according to the final answer, i got 2 wrong. however, i saw people got letter from mta even though they got 4 wrong. i dont know how they select those people. if anyone know how would i contact with mta where they can clarify me? thank you and good luck for those who got hired.

hi guys, i'm wondering how some people got mail from mta. i took the test on 13 December 15 at 1.30pm . in addition, according to the final answer, i got 2 wrong. however, i saw people got letter from mta even though they got 4 wrong. i dont know how they select those people. if anyone know how would i contact with mta where they can clarify me? thank you and good luck for those who got hired.

not sure but I do know when I went for my interview on the 10th 75 people didn’t show up for station agent so they should be sending more letters soon

When you fulled out the application, did you correctly include your address?

http://web.mta.info/nyct/hr/6600.htm

Additionally there is no final answer key for 6600, only a proposed answer key. The list has not been published yet for 6600. I would contact the exams unit to ensure your correct address is on file.

What did the interview consist of? Just paperwork and a drug test?

When you fulled out the application, did you correctly include your address?

http://web.mta.info/nyct/hr/6600.htm

Additionally there is no final answer key for 6600, only a proposed answer key. The list has not been published yet for 6600. I would contact the exams unit to ensure your correct address is on file.

you are Dave. there is only proposed answer key. but i haven't move since i applied. and i got my exam card in my same address. so i dont know. but i completed my high school in foreign  country. may be that's one of the reasons. thanks for advice once again.

• 5 weeks later...

Congratulations! I hope everything works out and you get in. When you went in for processing were other S/A's waiting to fill out paperwork? I read on this thread that people who were getting calls got 4 wrong on the exam and I got 4 wrong so hopefully my number get called soon. Let me know how your process goes. Good luck again. 

12 hours ago, sjenn511 said:

I had pre employment appointment on 9/22, paperwork and drug test. I got the call today to go to final processing on 10/09. I am being considered for training class on 11/06 if all goes well!

Congratulations! I hope everything works out and you get in. When you went in for processing were other S/A's waiting to fill out paperwork? I read on this thread that people who were getting calls got 4 wrong on the exam and I got 4 wrong so hopefully my number get called soon. Let me know how your process goes. Good luck again. 

Hi everyone I am new to this forum and had a question about the hiring process for staion agent.  I took exam 6600 back in Oct 2016, on August 17, 2017 someone from the mta contacted me to come down to 180 Livingston Street to finish my work experience and education part of the application.  I thought i did this when i applied to take the exam, can someone help me out with information.  I wasn't asked to do a drug test, just work experience and education.