Terrorists attack Paris; dozens dead

TheNewYorkElevated

Tonight, there has been a terrorist attack on Paris. Right now, the number of people dead is not exactly known. But sadly, what is going on at this moment is people are being taken hostage. :(

http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/13/world/paris-shooting/

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-34814203

I've heard from most of my Parisian friends and I'm glad they are okay. One of the 6 incidents happened at one of their jobs. Luckily she was home. Friday night in a section of the city where younger Parisians and few tourists who actually know about it. These areas were definitely crowded. The death toll stands at around 160 right now. I think I'm gonna commit to visiting again around May.

f**k Islam. It's a breeding ground for this shit. Muhammed raped and stone people. Those kids in ISIS are not extremists... They're fundamnetalists. Islam is a cult that has taken 1.6 billion people.

We get you're angry but not a cool thing to say... And by the way, it's a RELIGION, not a cult. Learn the difference.

We get you're angry but not a cool thing to say... And by the way, it's a RELIGION, not a cult. Learn the difference.

That is exactly what went through a lot of people's minds after 9/11. Unfortunately, ignorant people still live with this mentality today, that Islam's the bad guy. Yes, some practices are questionable to us, and we hear a lot of stuff about extremists in the media, but not everybody who practices Islam is on the side of ISIS or any terrorist group. In fact, it's a pretty small minority; most who are muslim are afraid of these terrorist groups. Dont forget that they influenced foreigners from other countries, including France, to fight on their side, and some did not even practice their version of Islam before they wemt to fight for ISIS.

Also, let us not forget that during the Crusades, Christian fighters had that "ride or die" mentality: You convert to Christian, or die. They destroyed almost everything in their path, in order to take back control of Jerusalem (although they failed to).

All my condolences to the poor families and to those that had to suffer this atrocity.

f**k Islam. It's a breeding ground for this shit. Muhammed raped and stone people. Those kids in ISIS are not extremists... They're fundamnetalists. Islam is a cult that has taken 1.6 billion people.

LMAO... I love Quill. Funny as hell. Just says what is on his mind.

LMAO... I love Quill. Funny as hell. Just says what is on his mind.

I don't see what's so funny about what he mentioned. It's concerning, or how you would say, "scary" that he believes that, especially since we most likely have some people on here who practice Islam. His whole comment just reeked of ignorance.

Just something else to put all on our minds.....

Paris had a terrorist attack.

Japan had an earthquake.

Mexico had an earthquake.

Beirut had a suicide bombing.

Baghdad had a funeral bombed.

And this all happened on (no pun intended) Friday the 13th.......

My condolences for all that was lost yesterday. 11/13 will always be in my heart the same way 9/11 is in mine.

Just something else to put all on our minds.....

Paris had a terrorist attack.

Japan had an earthquake.

Mexico had an earthquake.

Beirut had a suicide bombing.

Baghdad had a funeral bombed.

And this all happened on (no pun intended) Friday the 13th.......

My condolences for all that was lost yesterday. 11/13 will always be in my heart the same way 9/11 is in mine.

Well, the Beirut bombing actually occurred on November 12, not the 13th, but everything else stands.

Well, the Beirut bombing actually occurred on November 12, not the 13th, but everything else stands.

Heard about the bombing yesterday, so I mistaken the date for yesterday. Still, sometimes it's scary to even think about stuff like this because you never know if your life ends tomorrow or in 20 years because of stuff like this.....

I don't see what's so funny about what he mentioned. It's concerning, or how you would say, "scary" that he believes that, especially since we most likely have some people on here who practice Islam. His whole comment just reeked of ignorance.

Oh please... Like those terrorists are so culturally sensitive. I'm tired of the whole politically correct BS. That's precisely the problem. The terrorists attack, we say a prayer and all is forgotten until the next attack. I'm actually glad that someone around here is saying what is on their mind and being honest. The fact of the matter is the West is under attack. Our way of life is under attack, and we need to have a serious and FRANK conversation about it. Look at Israel and Palestine. They've been "politically correct" for years now, and NOTHING has been accomplished aside from more suicide bombings, unrest and religious conflict.

And for the record, you'd better believe that the right wing party in France will use this to get votes, and the French will certainly be listening to Le Pen now more than ever. Just watch. Western Europe is under attack and they're literally being invaded. I predict more unrest. If you don't believe me, just look at Germany and what's happening there. This is what happens when illegal immigration isn't addressed.

And for the record, you'd better believe that the right wing party in France will use this to get votes, and the French will certainly be listening to Le Pen now more than ever. Just watch. Western Europe is under attack and they're literally being invaded. I predict more unrest. If you don't believe me, just look at Germany and what's happening there. This is what happens when illegal immigration isn't addressed.

do you beleve this will cause the end of the schengen plan?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schengen_Area

do you beleve this will cause the end of the schengen plan?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schengen_Area

It's going to lead to the rise of the right wing parties for sure all across Western Europe. When I lived in Italy, even then there was a serious and heated discussion about illegals flooding Western Europe. The Bossi-Fini laws were being enacted as I was returning to NYC. Austria has seen a surge in measures to stop the influx of illegals, and other Western European countries are following their lead, as they should be.

I have no problem with LEGAL immigration, but I strongly support Western Europe and the U.S. taking measures to crack down on ILLEGAL immigration. We must do this in order to stop these crazies from carrying out these uncivilized attacks against our way of life.

The Schegen agreement was supposed to make it easier for European integration, but these sorts of events will undermine that, and France, the U.K., the Netherlands, and some of the Scandinavian countries such as Denmark have already been taking measures to have more of a say on their borders and acting accordingly. I don't see a united Europe anytime soon until this invasion is dealt with. Anyone who believes that Western Europe can handle the influx of refugees and illegals is clearly delusional.

This is the shit that makes my blood boil. (don't expect me to filter my rage)

These barbaric fools kill people for no damn reason other than for fun and to advance their cult (and no their cult is not Islam,so don't call me an Islamophobe-I am anything but...)

Which gets me to the fools who call Islam a bloody cult...

I don't know where you and an what experiences you've had,but I know this...

I live in Bay Ridge which as every one knows used to be a majority Norwegian neighborhood and is know a majority Arabic neighborhood.

When I was younger,naive,easy to trick and deceive I used to believe that they truly were "corrupting the community and our culture",my old summer camp teacher's exact words in a NYT article about Bay Ridge's history...

I know that sound sick to some of you and right to some of you.But wait...Isn't life full of metamorphoses,changes for the better or worse?

This sad illusion stayed with me until middle school.In the sixth grade,they would bully me constantly until one day I attempted (stupidly) to fight back

In one of my worst acts as a human being, I called them "Arab rags used to sweep the floors".

I felt good about myself for about five seconds until one of them, who to this day,I consider the one who gave me my "epiphany" in my life,if your okay with me using that term,grabbed me by the collar of my shirt and dragged me around the classroom and made me apologize to every Arab or Muslim kid in that room,even the ones I didn't talk to.

It woke me up...

These people have had to go through so much pain.They've been subjected to so much hurt and racism and here's me,the smart boy calling them "rags".

So I looked into it,I asked my friends about it,looked it up, found an English translation of the Quran in my house and read it.

One of my friends invited me to his mosque on Friday,a truly noble gesture,and every Ramadan,all the people in my apartment building join together one evening for dinner,all of us...

the true nature of Islam, is purely peace and humanity to all.Like everything it has been twisted and corrupted to fit some person or group's evil means.That however does not mean the religion is at at fault and it never means it is okay to demean,insult and disrespect the people or the religion that practices peace and tolerance...

I never get into my personal beliefs on here or talking to people in the street,heck most of my friends don't even know.

But I can say that my family is atheist but I am not.I am agnostic.I believe there is something,I'm not going to call it a God just yet,but there is something that is responsible fro the seeming random events in our lives that our society cannot answer.By showing goodwill towards others and being the best,cleanest human beings we can be, we will be rewarded in our lives.

The closest religion to my beliefs is Islam.To clarify I am not Muslim,but whenever someone who believes in the good in people like they do,is considered a terrorist,it is showing the worst in our selves and the worst the world can be...It makes me sick to my stomach.

We are not perfect.I most certainly am not perfect.I have made many mistakes.But If we are able to identify our mistakes and correct them.prevent them occurring again,we are much closer to the promise this country has always offered to the world:

"Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

This is the shit that makes my blood boil. (don't expect me to filter my rage)

These barbaric fools kill people for no damn reason other than for fun and to advance their cult (and no their cult is not Islam,so don't call me an Islamophobe-I am anything but...)

Which gets me to the fools who call Islam a bloody cult...

I don't know where you and an what experiences you've had,but I know this...

I live in Bay Ridge which as every one knows used to be a majority Norwegian neighborhood and is know a majority Arabic neighborhood.

When I was younger,naive,easy to trick and deceive I used to believe that they truly were "corrupting the community and our culture",my old summer camp teacher's exact words in a NYT article about Bay Ridge's history...

I know that sound sick to some of you and right to some of you.But wait...Isn't life full of metamorphoses,changes for the better or worse?

This sad illusion stayed with me until middle school.In the sixth grade,they would bully me constantly until one day I attempted (stupidly) to fight back

In one of my worst acts as a human being, I called them "Arab rags used to sweep the floors".

I felt good about myself for about five seconds until one of them, who to this day,I consider the one who gave me my "epiphany" in my life,if your okay with me using that term,grabbed me by the collar of my shirt and dragged me around the classroom and made me apologize to every Arab or Muslim kid in that room,even the ones I didn't talk to.

It woke me up...

These people have had to go through so much pain.They've been subjected to so much hurt and racism and here's me,the smart boy calling them "rags".

So I looked into it,I asked my friends about it,looked it up, found an English translation of the Quran in my house and read it.

One of my friends invited me to his mosque on Friday,a truly noble gesture,and every Ramadan,all the people in my apartment building join together one evening for dinner,all of us...

the true nature of Islam, is purely peace and humanity to all.Like everything it has been twisted and corrupted to fit some person or group's evil means.That however does not mean the religion is at at fault and it never means it is okay to demean,insult and disrespect the people or the religion that practices peace and tolerance...

I never get into my personal beliefs on here or talking to people in the street,heck most of my friends don't even know.

But I can say that my family is atheist but I am not.I am agnostic.I believe there is something,I'm not going to call it a God just yet,but there is something that is responsible fro the seeming random events in our lives that our society cannot answer.By showing goodwill towards others and being the best,cleanest human beings we can be, we will be rewarded in our lives.

The closest religion to my beliefs is Islam.To clarify I am not Muslim,but whenever someone who believes in the good in people like they do,is considered a terrorist,it is showing the worst in our selves and the worst the world can be...It makes me sick to my stomach.

We are not perfect.I most certainly am not perfect.I have made many mistakes.But If we are able to identify our mistakes and correct them.prevent them occurring again,we are much closer to the promise this country has always offered to the world:

"Give me your tired, your poor,

Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,

The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.

Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,

I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Bay Ridge is still predominantly white and there are still some Scandinavians left, along with the Irish and the Italians. It's one of the few old school neighborhoods left in Brooklyn and still a very safe and clean neighborhood. As someone from South Brooklyn who has spent and continues to spend time in Bay Ridge, it is one of the few neighborhoods in Brooklyn I would move to if I were to leave Riverdale. The Arabs are mainly up by 68th street and parts of 5th Avenue, but yes to some, it was an invasion of all of Bay Ridge. They will never take over Shore Rd like that. Too expensive and too many long timers there that pass their homes down from generation to generation. Years ago I considered moving down to place on Shore Road and 92 which would easily rent for $1,600-1,700 today. Very nice spaspace on the first floor but at that time I knew that the X27 would be cut on weekends so that plan went out the door.

Bay Ridge is still predominantly white and there are still some Scandinavians left, along with the Irish and the Italians. It's one of the few old school neighborhoods left in Brooklyn and still a very safe and clean neighborhood. As someone from South Brooklyn who has spent and continues to spend time in Bay Ridge, it is one of the few neighborhoods in Brooklyn I would move to if I were to leave Riverdale. The Arabs are mainly up by 68th street and parts of 5th Avenue, but yes to some, it was an invasion of all of Bay Ridge. They will never take over Shore Rd like that. Too expensive and too many long timers there that pass their homes down from generation to generation. Years ago I considered moving down to place on Shore Road and 92 which would easily rent for $1,600-1,700 today. Very nice space on the first floor but at that time I knew that the X27 would be cut on weekends so that plan went out the door.

That is very slowly changing...Every year there are more and more the closer you get to Shore Road specifically the apartment buildings...

Archived