R211 Discussion Thread

East New York

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, Q23 via 108 said:

This isn't a bad list but...

1st. The R262s should go to Lexington Av. The only other train that it would go to is the :2:. So R262 :2:(4)(5)(6), and 42 St (S). The rest of the A division NTTs could go to the (1) and (3).

2. The R211s are retiring the R32s, R42s, and R46s. So the R68s are going to still stick around for awhile. So the (B)(D)(N)(W), and Franklin (S) should continue to use the R68s till the mid to late 2020s.

3. A few minor things. For example, the (G) doesn't need any R211s. And the(E) (F) and (R) should be 100% R211

Thanks but

1. R262s usually Replaces R62s which is running on the (1)(3)(6) and 42nd Street (S), so 90% more likely R262s run on Both Lexington Avenue and 7th Avenue Line.

2. You're Right, but I Don't really like the R68s it is too old and dates back to WW2, so there is a Chance that R268s would replace the R68s around mid to late 2020's

3. You're Right (G) doesn't need R211s unless if (G) extended back to QBL, (E) already has R160s doesn't need R211s either, also the (F) has many to Most R160s so it would be best thing to for R160s from the (F) swap to the (G) in order for the (F) to be 100% R211, (R) of course should be 100% R211. (I Often see more R46s on the (F) than i see R160s)

13 hours ago, HenryB said:

.....maybe 70s but definitely not ww2 lol

R68/R68a aren't that old. They look old because they didn't receive retrofits when they hit 15-20 years old.

it dated back to 1980's but they look like they're from ww2 lol

R68s should be retrofitted or scrapped.

15 hours ago, subwayfan1998 said:

2. You're Right, but I Don't really like the R68s it is too old and dates back to WW2, so there is a Chance that R268s would replace the R68s around mid to late 2020's

The R68/R68As are from 1986 (1 year older than me). Imo, they're going to be around for another 10-20 years

22 hours ago, subwayfan1998 said:

Thanks but

1. R262s usually Replaces R62s which is running on the (1)(3)(6) and 42nd Street (S), so 90% more likely R262s run on Both Lexington Avenue and 7th Avenue Line.

3. You're Right (G) doesn't need R211s unless if (G) extended back to QBL, (E) already has R160s doesn't need R211s either, also the (F) has many to Most R160s so it would be best thing to for R160s from the (F) swap to the (G) in order for the (F) to be 100% R211, (R) of course should be 100% R211. (I Often see more R46s on the (F) than i see R160s)

#1. Just look at the RTS. The Nova LFSes aren't directly replacing the RTS. But the Novas are moving the Next Gens to the depots that use RTS. So the R62s don't have to be directly replaced by the R262s. The (1) will do fine with R142s. The R262S need to go heavily used Lexington Av line. Think about it. Does the (3) really need R262s? The (7) doesn't need to change. 

#2. The R68s are still doing its thing. And yeah they might not look that good. But keep in mind that those R68s are on heavy usage and long routes like the (B) and (D). The R68s have been holding it down for over 30 years and they still have life in them.  

#3. It doesn't matter if the (E) has R160s. The (E) and (F) are the most heavily used letter routes. And the (R) is a 3 borough local that is using some of the oldest equipment. The (M) can keep the R160s. But just because a train is using a car type today, doesn't mean it can't change tomorrow.

7 hours ago, subwayfan1998 said:

it dated back to 1980's but they look like they're from ww2 lol

R68s should be retrofitted or scrapped.

I don't think people "really" care about how trains look. People want quality service. The (L) train only uses Tech trains and the (L) is literally taking an L. Meanwhile the (3) has been doing its thing the R62s and the (3) works great.

1 hour ago, Q23 via 108 said:

I don't think people "really" care about how trains look. People want quality service. The (L) train only uses Tech trains and the (L) is literally taking an L. Meanwhile the (3) has been doing its thing the R62s and the (3) works great.

I Care because R68s and R62s are compatible with Modern World, Look at Japan, UK, Germany and Sweden, Trains are Nice and New unlike Trains in NYC.

My first time commenting on this subject 😁 whichever line the R46s are on should be the ones the R211 run on making the (A) (F)(R)  and Rocakway Park Shuttle 100% R211s.  R179 (A) and R160B (F)  trains can go to the (C) making it full length.  The R160A (F) trains can be displaced elsewhere.  Far as the R262 goes in my opinion Lexington Ave doesn't always have to get the newer equipment cause its busier than it's West Side sister (7th Ave). Depending when CBTC installation is complete the (6) might get the (2) R142s but that's a different topic on another thread  

42 minutes ago, 2Line1291 said:

My first time commenting on this subject 😁 whichever line the R46s are on should be the ones the R211 run on making the (A) (F)(R)  and Rocakway Park Shuttle 100% R211s.  R179 (A) and R160B (F)  trains can go to the (C) making it full length.  The R160A (F) trains can be displaced elsewhere.  Far as the R262 goes in my opinion Lexington Ave doesn't always have to get the newer equipment cause its busier than it's West Side sister (7th Ave). Depending when CBTC installation is complete the (6) might get the (2) R142s but that's a different topic on another thread  

Also (G) could get R160s from the (F) , if (F) gets 100% R211s

On 4/27/2019 at 10:53 PM, subwayfan1998 said:

Age isn’t a good enough reason to scrap perfectly capable trains

1 hour ago, subwayfan1998 said:

I Care because R68s and R62s are compatible with Modern World, Look at Japan, UK, Germany and Sweden, Trains are Nice and New unlike Trains in NYC.

Do you want to know something.

In the 1990s, We were the best subway in the world. 

In the 1990s, All of the trains were rebuilt and refurbished. (Or new)

Trains were running fast and smoothly (before the 1995 Williamsburg Wreck and timers)

And more importantly, it was reliable.

Many other states and countries looked at us, and tried to make their transit system like us because we were once the very best IN THE WORLD. 

What defines a good Subway?

To me its, (1)Well built safe equipment. :2:Its fast and on time. (3) its reliable. We had that in the 1990s and the early 2000s. This was our prime. 

But even today, there are some aspects that we are still #:25x25_px_01:.

Let me break it down 

Do you  know that we are one of few that runs 24/7?

Along with Chiraq. We do

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.businessinsider.com/nyc-subway-runs-all-night-and-thats-why-its-great-2017-8

Do you who has the most Stations in the world? 

We do at 472.

Do you know how many services (lines) we run.

Washington D.C. has 6 Lines

Atlanta has 4

LA has 2

Chicago has 8 

London has 11

Tokyo has 13

And NEW YORK CITY 27! Get Outta here.

So to answer your statement. Yeah we run R68s, but guess what? I'm writing this at 12:44 AM and almost every subway system in the world is closed. But in NYC. There is a R68 on the (D) right now, picking up people all night long, everyday. 

London is sleeping, Tokyo is sleeping, hell Sweden is sleeping. 

But the damn Staten Island Railway is running all night, along with the entire subway system.

I say with proud confidence that New York City has the Best Subway in the world (WHEN IT IS WORKING!)

Edited by Q23 via 108
Its 12:44 AM🤣

1 minute ago, Q23 via 108 said:

In the 1990s, All of the trains were rebuilt and refurbished. 

Trains were running fast and smoothly (before the 1995 Williamsburg Wreck)

Many other countries looked at us, and tried to make their transit system like us because we were once the very best IN THE WORLD. 

To me its, (1)Well built safe equipment. :2:Its fast and on time. (3) its reliable. We had that in the 1990s and the early 2000s. This was our prime. 

Let me break it down 

Along with Chiraq. We do

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.businessinsider.com/nyc-subway-runs-all-night-and-thats-why-its-great-2017-8

We do at 472.

In the United States alone.

D.C. has 6 Lines

Atlanta has 4

LA has 2

Chicago has 8 

London has 11

Tokyo has 13

I say with proud confidence that New York City has the Best Subway in the world (WHEN IT IS WORKING!)

emphasis on When It’s Working cs tuh

2 minutes ago, Q23 via 108 said:

In the 1990s, All of the trains were rebuilt and refurbished. 

Trains were running fast and smoothly (before the 1995 Williamsburg Wreck)

Many other countries looked at us, and tried to make their transit system like us because we were once the very best IN THE WORLD. 

Let me break it down 

Along with Chiraq. We do

We do at 472.

In the United States alone.

D.C. has 6 Lines

Atlanta has 4

LA has 2

Chicago has 8 

London has 11

Tokyo has 13

Watch this Video, It was the Best Subway now, I Want to look nice and modern.

I'm Very Interested in Subways, I Like NYC Subways but it needs Upgrade, Every New Yorks agree with this. Watch these Videos why New York Trains get so Bad because of Extensive Delays, Crumbling Stations like Chambers, Old Subway Cars like Non-NTTs. I Grew up with Mostly NTTs.