Winter 2016 pick

Q101viaSteinway

Yesterday I was riding QM4 and I overhear b/o saying to passenger that next pick there will be new driver as QM4 is going to Baisley depot. I'm curious to know if this true and what route swap are in store for next pick.

QM4 to Baisley Park?!?

#1. Very Strange.

#2. Is College Point starting to lose Lines in association with this.

I don't remember QM4 ending in Jamaica at all. That would be a long deadhead. [Than again, this is the (MTA) and anything can change].

#3. That means more express buses to be shifted from College Point to Baisley to accomindate.

Before this thread gets out of control with nonsense speculations the latest winter pick from what I have heard is that NOTHING is moving anywhere. With that said who knows what will happen.

Relax, it's not that serious. A little discussion doesn't hurt every now and then.

QM4 to Baisley Park?!?

#1. Very Strange.

#2. Is College Point starting to lose Lines in association with this.

I don't remember QM4 ending in Jamaica at all. That would be a long deadhead. [Than again, this is the (MTA) and anything can change].

#3. That means more express buses to be shifted from College Point to Baisley to accomindate.

I've heard the same thing about the QM4 to Baisley Park from various different sources. This wouldn't be the first time this is brought up since the 2014/2015 pick sheets  for Baisley Park had information regarding both the QM4 and Q64.

Technically speaking, the deadhead isn't any longer than what it's perceived to be. The deadhead from the Q64 is actually pretty short to Baisley Park, so the deadhead with the QM4 would basically be the same, from Guy R. Brewer to Jamaica Avenue and one of the side streets to Hillside and straight up 164th Street.  It's technically an easier deadhead than it is to/from College Point. But distance & time-wise, they're about the same time and distance.

Relax, it's not that serious. A little discussion doesn't hurt every now and then.

I've heard the same thing about the QM4 to Baisley Park from various different sources. This wouldn't be the first time this is brought up since the 2014/2015 pick sheets  for Baisley Park had information regarding both the QM4 and Q64.

Technically speaking, the deadhead isn't any longer than what it's perceived to be. The deadhead from the Q64 is actually pretty short to Baisley Park, so the deadhead with the QM4 would basically be the same, from Guy R. Brewer to Jamaica Avenue and one of the side streets to Hillside and straight up 164th Street.  It's technically an easier deadhead than it is to/from College Point. But distance & time-wise, they're about the same time and distance.

I've heard the same thing regarding the QM4...

Logistically speaking its look good for Baisley Park, and after reading the deadhead route  BP does need another express bus route to at least supplement with the QM21. 

How many units required for the QM4- Midtown?!?, and I believe there is no Downtown Manhattan segment for the QM4.

Off topic for a second: No word on the B46SBS+ for winter pick 2015/2016 as of yet?

I wonder what CP would gain. Perhaps maybe the QM24 but I don't want to assume anything.

The deadhead would be messed up a bit because the QM4's last stop is 164th and Horace Harding Expressway so it would be a little bit longer getting to BP.

Does BP have the space for more buses?

Logistically speaking its look good for Baisley Park, and after reading the deadhead route BP does need another express bus route to at least supplement with the QM21.

How many units required for the QM4- Midtown?!?, and I believe there is no Downtown Manhattan segment for the QM4.

Off topic for a second: No word on the B46SBS+ for winter pick 2015/2016 as of yet?

B46 SBS got pushed back again

Logistically speaking its look good for Baisley Park, and after reading the deadhead route  BP does need another express bus route to at least supplement with the QM21. 

Not that many from what I know. I think at most, 10-15 buses will be gone from CP.

I wonder what CP would gain. Perhaps maybe the QM24 but I don't want to assume anything.

The deadhead would be messed up a bit because the QM4's last stop is 164th and Horace Harding Expressway so it would be a little bit longer getting to BP.

Does BP have the space for more buses?

Probably nothing. It was said sometime ago that the Q50 would return to CP, but I'm sure that changed.

Not that many from what I know. I think at most, 10-15 buses will be gone from CP.

Probably nothing. It was said sometime ago that the Q50 would return to CP, but I'm sure that changed.

The Q50 does make sense but the Q64 is suppose to return one day as well. Honestly I think CP ran the Q64 slightly better.

Everything is up in the air right now...the union has rejected the pick based on a "winter" schedule the MTA came out with....so you would have the regular pick, than if there is bad weather they could enforce a "winter" schedule....I didn't get any clarification on what that meant...just that the pick was not accepted ......so the drama continues....but I did hear the qm4 is going bye bye...

Everything is up in the air right now...the union has rejected the pick based on a "winter" schedule the MTA came out with....so you would have the regular pick, than if there is bad weather they could enforce a "winter" schedule....I didn't get any clarification on what that meant...just that the pick was not accepted ......so the drama continues....but I did hear the qm4 is going bye bye...

That sounds like a disaster in the making. Hope the union keeps fighting!

Read and U will c what was rejected...

I Heard the Q64 was supposed to go back, but i wouldn't be surprised if it stays at BP for another year, the QM4 to BP would make sense due to the fact the Q64 would remain at BP and they can interline the QM21 runs with the QM4 runs, this is MTA's way of saving money, if you look at the QM21 it only runs peak direction

I Heard the Q64 was supposed to go back, but i wouldn't be surprised if it stays at BP for another year, the QM4 to BP would make sense due to the fact the Q64 would remain at BP and they can interline the QM21 runs with the QM4 runs, this is MTA's way of saving money, if you look at the QM21 it only runs peak direction

When they took away all of Astoria.....it has never been the same.....

The Q64 was never meant to be at BP for a long time anyway. I don't even think BP would have the room unless they get rid of a route.

Since they are trying to make the Q52/Q53 out of LGA I wouldn't be surprised if we saw many other moves. I wonder if Q19 is set to return to CP something has to be moved.

Archived