New combination 2/5 strip maps demo'ed!

Eric B

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Red-green colorblind anyone?

I still like it though.

Are those on display at Barclays?

I mean, the red green colorblind thing with the IRT has been around since at least 1989; the Brooklyn IRT and WPR are particularly fun to look at for colorblind users.

Keep in mind the R142s are already running out of storage space, so not only would it cost money to install FINDs, but they'd also have to upgrade the storage space of all the R142s to accommodate the FIND programming.

That's not that ridiculous; storage tends to go bad after a few years anyways, and the improvements in storage space over the years have been remarkable. There are 128GB microSD chips, for god's sake.

<image>

map is now updated (car 6508- 239 st car)

credit: Daniel Smith

It's pretty good, but the fact that "Metro-North" is not centered in that box when everything else is really makes me twitch.

<pic removed>

map is now updated (car 6508- 239 st car)

credit: Daniel Smith

Cool. I do hope they re-coded the light indicators though. The northern White Plains Rd stations were previously listed before the Dyre Ave stations on the older line maps.

I like the addition of late night (N) service at Borough hall, and the map just makes it at the 64 dot limit (yes I am just realizing it). The maps definitely need to be updated now, especially the (2) maps. I'd say the (6) need an updated map like the (4), but there are only so many maps to be updated after the R188 conversion. Can't wait for this map to become a reality.

(4)&(6) doesn't need new strip maps because they don't share cars with other lines only (2)&(5) with each other.

(4)&(6) doesn't need new strip maps because they don't share cars with other lines only (2)&(5) with each other.

The (4) maps were already updated near the beginning of last year IIRC, and again, the (6) has very little R142As left, so I wouldn't be surprised if those maps are left alone, but at the same time, feel like the maps may get updated eventually.

Cool. I do hope they re-coded the light indicators though. The northern White Plains Rd stations were previously listed before the Dyre Ave stations on the older line maps.

They probably are going to recode the indicators because the stops in Manhattan are in irregular order. They may also add some new codes for when one line is forced to undergo a reroute.

So the dot limit is the reason why the (2) doesn't show late night stops then

The (6) doesn't have a lot of updates b/c what's needed is the Q44 SBS

I would still update them so they didn't have those god awful post 2010 stickers anymore...

Remember those maps still have the 2001 service pattern (with the orange (Q) !) covered by years of stickers...

I've ridden the set with the new strip maps and I noticed one thing, at Times Sq - 42 St there is a sticker above the original transfers that are already pre-printed on them, and it seems (from shining my phone light into the sticker area) that there is one new bullet next to where the (N)(Q) and (R) are suppose to be. Could this be what I think it is?

I've ridden the set with the new strip maps and I noticed one thing, at Times Sq - 42 St there is a sticker above the original transfers that are already pre-printed on them, and it seems (from shining my phone light into the sticker area) that there is one new bullet next to where the (N)(Q) and (R) are suppose to be. Could this be what I think it is?

But we don't know what you think it is. Do you have a picture of it?

Next to it? I'm not so sure...

I've got the prototype map in front of me and it looks like this:

(1)(3)

(7)

(A)(C)

(E)

(N)(Q)

(R)(S)

PA Bus Terminal

I would assume the A has been moved to be level with the 7 with the last rows like this?

(1)(3)

(7)(A)

(C)(E)

(N)(Q)

(R)(W)

(S)

Archived