New combination 2/5 strip maps demo'ed!

Eric B

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm pretty sure if a C/R leaves it on, then the last dot is lit at Franklin Av.

With the old maps yes.With the new reprogrammed maps, I'm not so sure.

The dots probably don't line up anymore and make it really confusing. Back when the (4) was suspended one weekend and the (5) was extended to cover it, most of the (4) line stock running had the dots on, but set to the (5) train's map.If we were to believe the dots, all the trains that weekend were ending at Saratoga Avenue!

I am currently on the set that has the new maps, 6506-6510+6426-6430. I have made a video of the new map at Dyre av that shows the new map. I will post it up later for those who want to see the map. Oh and to Javier.....

THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO SPACE FOR ANYWHERE AT 59 ST OR TIMES SQ FOR A (W) STICKER SO PLEASE STOP MAKING STUFF UP JUST TO GET ATTENTION!!!!

I am currently on the set that has the new maps, 6506-6510+6426-6430. I have made a video of the new map at Dyre av that shows the new map. I will post it up later for those who want to see the map. Oh and to Javier.....

THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO SPACE FOR ANYWHERE AT 59 ST OR TIMES SQ FOR A (W) STICKER SO PLEASE STOP MAKING STUFF UP JUST TO GET ATTENTION!!!!

:lol:

BTrain, two things:

1. You don't need to yell at me.

2. There are SEVERAL maps throughout that train. Maybe next time look at all of them before accusing me of something. :D

First of, I was in more than one car, and the cars I went in produced the same result: no (W).

Next, I'm pretty sure if you ask everyone else who saw the map, they would say they never saw anywhere a (W) could fit at.

Lastly, what makes you think at least one map would be a bit different from the other maps when ALL of the maps were recently changed. The (MTA) is stupid, but not stupid enough to make one car have a different map than the rest of the set on an NTT.

I knew this was gonna happen, I knew C/Rs would still turn off the stripmaps.

that's for the (2) train for now but later, when the (5) will have codes, then the map will not be in use after Franklin Av following the (3)(4) to New lots Av 

The (2)(5) trains are very bonded train lines look brothers from another mother. (As one train is colored red and the other green)

From E180st to 149st concourse and from borough hall to Brooklyn college midwood the two trains run together M-F from 5am to 9pm and one may elect between thr (2) or the (5) line

These lines remind me alot of the (M)(R) or the (F)(G) these trains run pairly for quite a stops but the (2)(5) are almost inseparable except for the Manhattan segment and north of E. 180 st in the Bronx

I still think a Bronx crosstown subway that branches off of the (A) in Inwood is a much better option. Probably much less expensive too, because it would have a big head start thanks to the 207th St Yard lead tracks (the two center tracks at Dyckman St), which run under or very close to 207th St. 207th turns into Fordham Rd on the other side of the University Heights Bridge. The (3) terminates over 50 street blocks south of there, so it would have quite a ways to just to get to Fordham. It would have to parallel the (4) for that distance.

Archived