Cam position Hiring process LIRR

mikeyhill

Hey guys had a question about the hiring process for cam I finally got that phone call been waiting for a long time. Any info on how the interview is and the steps there after? What is there background check like and how is probation period. Thanks for all your help and time appreciate it

Basically you will be interviewed by an hr rep and a gangforeman. Its really straight forward. Probation can be tough since you won't own a job for a while and they can stick you any where they want . Also you will see garbage and all sorts of mess you have never seen before. Its a shock at first and the work is not easy , but you will get use to it. Probation is a year. When it comes to background check , they check everything and I mean everything. Don't lie or leave nothing out.

• 4 months later...

They are hiring SAM's now.

Thank you very very much for replying lirr154.

I applied for the job the same day.

I really hope to be chosen.

I will also apply for CAM when it will be out.

Do they usually call or send an email to let me know?

Thank you very very much for replying lirr154.

I applied for the job the same day.

I really hope to be chosen.

I will also apply for CAM when it will be out.Do they usually call or send an email to let me know?

They usually call for first.

• 4 years later...
  • 1 year later...
4 hours ago, Thinklikeamango said:

All railroad jobs do.

How far bck do they go? They did 10yrs for where I lived, 10 yrs for employment, 7yrs for motor vehicle/NDR and education. But they never gave me a form to sign to do a criminal background. Is that the next step if you pass the other ones first? 

14 minutes ago, Thinklikeamango said:

If you already did all that then your next steps should be physical exam/drug test/ criminal background check.

How far back do that hey do for background check? And what are there shifts like for CAM?