NICE bus evacuated after engine smokes in Uniondale

Link: https://www.newsday.com/long-island/nassau/nice-riders-evacuated-after-engine-begins-smoking-in-uniondale-cops-say-1.11268872

A NICE bus was evacuated Sunday afternoon in Uniondale after its engine began smoking, Nassau County police said.

Smoke began emanating from the rear area of the Nassau County Inter-County Express bus around 5:30 p.m. at Front Street and Arcadia Avenue.

A NICE spokesman said the bus had an oil leak that generated smoke.

All passengers were evacuated and no injuries were reported, police said. The bus was towed and a new bus was put into service.

Is a good thing thatNassau county is small that areplacement bus can arrive in less than 30 minutes

In Suffolk county it is rather difficult since of its enormous size and the s92 is by far the only SCT bus to never send a replacement bus (if the bus malfunctions in the hamptons)

Is a good thing thatNassau county is small that areplacement bus can arrive in less than 30 minutes

In Suffolk county it is rather difficult since of its enormous size and the s92 is by far the only SCT bus to never send a replacement bus (if the bus malfunctions in the hamptons)

Hah, funny that you say that. Replacement buses don't happen (often) when you're dealing with NICE. I wonder how they hire people to drive those buses, once they break down (pretty often I would say), replacements don't get sent and usually drivers sit there waiting for god knows how long to get towed. Things could have changed since the last time I've dealt with NICE, but it doesn't seem very much like it. 

Suffolk Transit operators send replacement buses for buses that break down while in service or have other issues. Probably not 30 minutes depending on where the yard is to the break down. Other times they send buses elsewhere along the route, probably depending on how long it would be for the next bus to pick up or a repair could be done on site that would allow the bus to make it to the next major stop where the bus could meet up with the replacement.

Not sure what the protocol is for a Break down on the S92. My guess would be that they wait for the next bus while a replacment is sent to Riverhead. Of they could send a bus from the HJ yard. Remember the S92 is operated by Twin Forks Transit which is owned by Sunrise Coach and HJ, most of the buses for the S92 are housed at Sunrise because most of the S92 runs start in Greenport)

Yeah i've noticed that on the s92 schedules

I noticed that occurrence byseeing Twitter and concluded to say that SCT never send replacement buses for aforementioned s92 beyond riverhead

Then again there has to be an emergency bus unit in the hampton yards. .like you said there's a reason the last s92 leaving Orient point at 6:40p arrives 9:15-9:30p and then deadheads to the hampton jitney yards (where the 10C is housed)

But i must say most of the users are accustomed to the failing s92 making it on time and hearing or experiencing a s92 malfunctioning is like one eating an old pizza but adding. It raw anchovies. ..in other words us nothing to be afraid of...is a typical lifestyle to the queen of transit.

Is very common to seeing paitenceless users calling for a car of a close friend or carpooling

Back to Nice. ..to must the majority of the bus units malfunctioned very commonly. I never forget when i was on the malfunctions of the n22 #1734 heading towards Jamaica. .i was so desperate that i got off at 183 st (one stop shy of the 179 st subway stop)...that emergency sound it made and apparent stopping made me get so anxious

Archived