How's Signal School?

NYC66

Hello everyone. I recently received my list number. I am looking for a little insight into the 18 month training at the Signals Learning center. Is it hands on, classroom, both? Are their written tests etc. Any information about what I'm getting myself into would be appreciated.  :)

Thank you everyone!

I work in RTO, but having been down there and with a few people I've known who've gone through MOW over the years, I will say expect a challenge. It will be both clasroom and hands on. The signal school is incredibly impressive. There is a mockup switch with working stop arm, motor, and switch machine components, as well as fully functional relays and tower machines corresponding to the old style GRS and US&S, and it is built specifically to be able to simulate any different kind of failure.

The side classrooms also contain "new school" CBTC equipment that you can learn on.

You will have both written and practical tests. Expect to study your ASS off for 18 months is all I can say lol.

And from those of us who pound the road, when you do come out PLEASE flag each other properly. You will see quite a few "shortcuts" taken with flagging especially when setting up and picking up lamps...please don't be one of the ones who do this!

Good luck!

• 1 year later...

Archived