Department of Subways - Proposals/Ideas

Wait 7th Avenue 36th St!? The (D) doesn't touch 7th Avenue and 36th st and there SHOULDN'T be a stop between 9th avenue and 36th st because there is NO room....

I wrote whatever street is nearest where the (D) is on 7th ave.

I think that is stupid, Ave U's station is not even half a block away from Ave T. Also to the guy that said Ave S is bad also.

Why is that?

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's an easy one TwoTimer. I'd put one at Union Avenue on the Jamaica line with connections to the (G) at Broadway and close the Hewes St and Lorimer St stations.

Yes, I totally agree with that.

Speaking of mergers, I would have a new station built [brighton line] b/w Cortelyou and Beverley Rd and all trains stopping at that station while the 2 former stations serving as extended walkways to their respective street level exits. The new station would have wider platforms and exits at the middle of the platform.

=

As for someone's plan for a 66th st stop on the CPW lines, I don't think it is possible because b/w 59th and 72nd is where the tracks are shifting [where the local tracks are facing the buildings and the express are facing the park]. So unless the tracks are set below 66th, then I don't think it is possible.

Too many stops? There's no stop for 66 blocks [59-125th]. A stop in the middle would be about 33 blocks.

Would you close up 86th on the Lexington? Because then you'd have a mirror to the CPW line.

86th Street is one of the busiest stops in the system. The point I'm trying to make is that stops don't have to be symmetrical. I would place express stops at areas where they would be busy. I wouldn't make 96 street a CPW express stop just because it's in the middle.

A (8) Route That Runs From Dyre Ave Or Neried Ave To 180th NY-W-B Platform stops At

E Tremont-177th St-Run Via MNRR to 174 St-Return to MNRR Tracks Due to Pelham line Approach Stop At Westchester ave Transfer To 6 Station Reopened- South Bound Track takes Flying Junction and and Flys Over North Bound Unused Track That Turns Off Main Line- Stops at Brukner-Seneca ave-Lafayette-turns onto cargo tracks turns onto Packing Facility On 4 tracks (2 in service) outer tracks-3rd St (BX)-1 St Is the Last Stop. A Wye Connection is Made to put trains in MNRR Yard.

New (H) Train Stops at abandoned Shell North of Euclid

(C) Stops At a station North Of 175th St Yard.

<D> Runs To New Underground Moshlu Parkway Via Unused South Bound Track South Of 170th St and take a junction that runs under the Station and Run via Morris Ave Stops At 178th St-182-Fordham-191-Kingsbridge-198-Then Villa Ave Up North-204-W Moshlu Pkwy S By Tracey Towers.

(E)/(J) Run 1 stop more to Merrick using Relay track.

(N) to JFK like in fantasy maps.

(Q) stops at a station in abandoned ROW from N/Q tracks To B/D tracks Pre-Christie St.

(R) Late Nights Runs to a new station under courtland and between rector connecting to City Hall Lower Level.

42nd St (S) now goes to 1st Ave and 12th Ave closing out stairwell on Track 4 at Grand Central and Abandoned trackways are reopened and runs through fast to other side

(1) some run to reopened Loop then through to Pier 17 area.

There's not many places I would add an infill station, but there are two that I would like to see, both involving the (7);

-10th Avenue station

-74th Street/Broadway becoming an express station

I totally agree. On the flipside of it, would 61st be left as is [maybe have the express just bypass the stop] or converted into a local station?

On my other note, I would have Woodhaven on the J/Z converted to a 2 island platform stop as a set up for a jamaica av 'express'.

I totally agree. On the flipside of it, would 61st be left as is [maybe have the express just bypass the stop] or converted into a local station?

On my other note, I would have Woodhaven on the J/Z converted to a 2 island platform stop as a set up for a jamaica av 'express'.

That Im not sure about. The ridership is high there, but IMO its going to become redundant once ESA comes along.

Guest lance25

Nah, I think Woodside should remain as an express stop since it is a busy station (nearly 5.5 mil last year) and the LIRR has a stop there.

I'd make 81st Street, Manhattan an express stop, and I will add these following stations:

(A) Beach 49th Street (Queens) Cross Street- Rockaway Freeway

(:)(Q) Neptune Av (Brooklyn) Cross Street- East 12th Street

(D) Avenue V (Brooklyn) Cross Street- Stillwell Avenue

(F) 5th Avenue-63rd Street (Manhattan)

(G) Vernon Boulevard-Jackson Avenue (Queens)

(R) 2nd Street (Brooklyn) Cross Street- 4th Avenue

Making 74th express wouldn't be ideal b/c all of the express trains would absolutely be crushloaded, all the time. I would leave 74th and 61st as currently is.

I agree; keeping 74th as a local allows for better passenger distribution. If the MTA were to convert it to express, not only would the station have to be re-designed, but it would make the <7> less attractive in terms of saving time compared to the (7).

I'd make 81st Street, Manhattan an express stop…

That makes sense if it weren't for the fact that only 72nd exists between 59th and 81st. Perhaps the addition of a 66th Street stop would make that more logistically feasible. One could argue, however, that the appeal of the long express stretch to 125th is that the lack of particularly prevalent express service in Upper Manhattan and the Bronx (apart from the (D) during rush hours and the 8th Avenue Line between 125th and 168th, which isn't particularly time-saving).

81 street; (A)(D)

Central Park west-104 street; (2)(3) T. to the (:)(C)

175 street; (1)

81 street; (R) even though I have never been through that line, I feel between 77 street & 86 street is too long.

well that's enough for NYC. extra ones would be ridiculous.

Woodhaven Blvd really needs to be an express station. Me & everybody else is getting tired of having to go to Forest Hills-71 & double back or wait for an (R) train for about 10 minutes at the hot & crowded Roosevelt Avenue station & wind up not getting a seat on a crowded (R).

Also, i'd make a 188 Street station on the (F). There are existing tracks that go up there.

there are more places i'd like to put, but I just can't think of it now.

Oh yeah, & a 66 Street station on the <B>(C).

Woodhaven Blvd really needs to be an express station. Me & everybody else is getting tired of having to go to Forest Hills-71 & double back or wait for an (R) train for about 10 minutes at the hot & crowded Roosevelt Avenue station & wind up not getting a seat on a crowded (R).

Also, i'd make a 188 Street station on the (F). There are existing tracks that go up there.

No to the Woodhaven Part because it's not busy enough to be considered an express stop

No it doesnt. There are reasons why they made Roosevelt Avenue & Forest Hills express/local stations.

The layup track only go up to 184th, so why can't people walk the 8 blocks to 179, better yet take the bus. Really doesn't justify an extension of only 4-5 blocks.