Department of Subways - Proposals/Ideas

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, LGA Link N train said:

http://app.enmodal.co/?id=92eb61021c1ee24e New map, didn't feel like doing anything Crazy

(Fordham) is an LRT just so you know

My view:

Triboro RX to the Bronx seems like overkill, and by there you have reached Amtrak trains on the NEC. A station at 31st (Astoria-Ditmars) is unlikely to happen due interference with the (N) and (W) . Just end it at Northern Blvd.

Sending the (3) to Bedford is a waste of money. If you extend the (3) to the Bronx, you can either build under the Major Deegan directly to Fordham to allow for a fast ride to Manhattan, and then have it curve crosstown. Another option would be to extend the (3) under Jerome and then have it curve across Fordham to Co-Op City. This eliminates the need for LRT and allows for a more useful (3) in the Bronx. The (4) can also run to Woodlawn via this new tunnel, replacing the EL and allowing a 4-track underground line ( (3) local and (4) express south of Fordham) , but the MDE option is better imo.

I would also extend the (D) to Co-Op City.

Edited by R68OnBroadway

24 minutes ago, R68OnBroadway said:

My view:

Triboro RX to the Bronx seems like overkill, and by there you have reached Amtrak trains on the NEC. A station at 31st (Astoria-Ditmars) is unlikely to happen due interference with the (N) and (W) . Just end it at Northern Blvd.

Didn't feel like changing the plans from RPA so I did it that way also the station at 31st could work but it would have to be done correctly. Or else you screw the whole line up

Sending the (3) to Bedford is a waste of money. If you extend the (3) to the Bronx, you can either build under the Major Deegan directly to Fordham to allow for a fast ride to Manhattan, and then have it curve crosstown. Another option would be to extend the (3) under Jerome and then have it curve across Fordham to Co-Op City. This eliminates the need for LRT and allows for a more useful (3) in the Bronx. The (4) can also run to Woodlawn via this new tunnel, replacing the EL and allowing a 4-track underground line ( (3) local and (4) express south of Fordham) , but the MDE option is better imo.

I see where you're going with this. Intentionally I was gonna remove the (3) extension to Bedford but I felt too lazy to do so. And while buildinga new underground trunk line would be useful, it's also a waste of money.

I would also extend the (D) to Co-Op City.

Ok

Edited by LGA Link N train

It's not a waste of money if it is useful. To keep costs low, I would fold 148th into Lenox Yard (the platform could be used for employees), and lengthen 145th to 10 cars (as well as remove that diamond crossover). A new short tunnel to the Bronx will be built, and the line will run to Pelham Pkwy/Stillwell Av via Sedgwick Av, Fordham Road, and Pelham Pkwy.

Stops:

Yankees-153rd (MNR)

Sedgwick/Fordham

Grand Concourse (in-system free transfer to (B)(D) , OOS free transfer to (4) )

Southern Blvd

Boston/WP Rd

Esplanade/Pelham Pkwy ((5))

Stillwell Av

If you wanted you could add stops on Sedgwick Av, but I would not advise this. You could also have it link to Dyre at Pelham Parkway and have it run to Eastchester, but that makes the line less attractive.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a proposal.

To alleviate congestion on the (R) and (W) trains in lower Manhattan, what if the (W) were extended to to 9th ave on West End so that the (W) trains waiting to terminate don't have to clog up the line. Some (W) trains can short turn at Whitehall St, and some can run further down West End (probably to Bay Pkwy) during rush hours instead of Sea Beach, to avoid confusion among passengers. It may just seem like a foamers pipe dream, but I think it could help out with congestion. What do you all think?

30 minutes ago, Dannny said:

Here's a proposal.

To alleviate congestion on the (R) and (W) trains in lower Manhattan, what if the (W) were extended to to 9th ave on West End so that the (W) trains waiting to terminate don't have to clog up the line. Some (W) trains can short turn at Whitehall St, and some can run further down West End (probably to Bay Pkwy) during rush hours instead of Sea Beach, to avoid confusion among passengers. It may just seem like a foamers pipe dream, but I think it could help out with congestion. What do you all think?

I see where you are going with this, but wasn't this discussed already

23 minutes ago, LGA Link N train said:

I see where you are going with this, but wasn't this discussed already

Not to sound like a broken record but I think some version of this will occur (maybe not to the magnitude described here), but when additional rolling stock arrives, they’ll be able to add (N) trains to 96 St (as (Q) via Sea Beach) during rush hours and physically add (W) trains to Astoria, but because of the short rush hour time not allowing the (W) to make multiple round trips, they could have the new (W) trains terminate at Canal St and be stored on the lower level of City Hall for the PM rush or send them back to Brooklyn and have the train go back to Astoria in the afternoon.

as for the physical capabilities of Whitehall St as a terminal, it was able to handle the (R) at 8 minute headway’s during the Sandy shutdown of the Montague Tunnel (albeit with a bit of delays), so I think having a 10-minute frequency of (W) trains (the current service that gets turned back to Astoria at Whitehall St) is physically possible without the need to send additional trains to Brooklyn, but that need might need to be studied if what I said in the previous paragraph comes to pass.

Edited by darkstar8983

1 hour ago, Dannny said:

Here's a proposal.

But then you’d be reintroducing the merge between 4th Ave express and local trains at 36th St, because the (D) and (W) would have to merge with each other there. You’d be moving the clog from Whitehall to 36th. And you’d be shortchanging 4th Ave local riders at 45th and 53rd streets, which are busier stations than the local stations above 36th. Also, 8th Ave (N) has nearly twice the ridership of 9th Ave (D). Why give the much-less busy 9th Ave more service?

1 hour ago, Dannny said:

Here's a proposal.

If someone brings up the (J) to 9 Av proposal...

7ae.png

I think more (W) trains could start running into Brooklyn, as more (N) trains get rerouted to SAS and (W) frequency in Astoria increases. Were it not for capacity issues, the (W) should be going to Bay Ridge, but Gravesend is the more likely southern terminal, given that trains originate and end there already during rush hour.

Look at this on the board material in public speaking

http://web.mta.info/mta/news/books/pdf/180122_1030_Transit.pdf

2 points from some david dude

Complains of (E)(F) and (R) delays construction also says (R) should be short turned at queens plaza 

And this dude says the (C) and the (3) train should be elimnated (but why tho) 

26 minutes ago, BreeddekalbL said:

Look at this on the board material in public speaking

http://web.mta.info/mta/news/books/pdf/180122_1030_Transit.pdf

2 points from some david dude

Complains of (E)(F) and (R) delays construction also says (R) should be short turned at queens plaza 

And this dude says the (C) and the (3) train should be elimnated (but why tho) 

To debunk this dude's ideal fantasy of subways:

(R) trains cannot terminate at Queens Plaza without severely delaying (E) and (M) service. 

He probably wants to eliminate those lines because they're both part-time. Don't eliminate the (C) and (3). It will slow service for people coming from the Rockaways. Also, the (2) will become jammed at the loss of (3) service. Apparently this dude wants to have R32 (E) trains and R62 (2) and (4) trains...

13 hours ago, Coney Island Av said:

To debunk this dude's ideal fantasy of subways:

(R) trains cannot terminate at Queens Plaza without severely delaying (E) and (M) service. 

He probably wants to eliminate those lines because they're both part-time. Don't eliminate the (C) and (3). It will slow service for people coming from the Rockaways. Also, the (2) will become jammed at the loss of (3) service. Apparently this dude wants to have R32 (E) trains and R62 (2) and (4) trains...

Um........

If you eliminate the (3), what serves 145 and 148-Lenox?  You simply can't eliminate the (3), it is needed;

Same with the (C).  Without it, you have the (A) as a local 24/7.  

As for the (R), MAYBE you can have it go to Queens Plaza late nights, but if anything, I'd be looking to extend the (R) (and also (M)) to 179 before I'd be looking at cutting the (R) back to Queens Plaza.

Some people just are ill-informed and don't understand WHY some lines need to be there. 

http://app.enmodal.co/?id=823ff4edc3411984

What do you guys think of my subway extension proposal, plenty of extensions in Queens, some in the Bronx and Brooklyn

In Queens

Extended the (F) to Floral Park, Little Neck Pkwy

Extended the (J) to Queens Village, Hempstead Av via Liberty Av/Hollis Av

Extended the (E) to Rosedale, Francis Lewis Blvd running on the LIRR right of path

Extended the (3) to Cambria Heights via Linden Blvd

Extended the (R) to Little Neck via Union Tpke, Utopia Pkwy and 47th Av

Extended the (7) to Bayside via Roosevelt Av, and Crocheron Av

Created a new (8) line Willets Pt spur to Whitestone/College Point via College Pt Blvd & 20th Av

Extended the (N) to Laguardia via Con Ed property

Re did the (H) line to Rockaway Park via LIRR Rockaway Branch ROW and connect with QBL at Woodhaven Blvd and connect with 2nd Av line via 63rd tunnel

Re did the (K) line as well to JFK airport via LIRR ROW to LIC and connect with 2nd Ave line via new tunnel at 48th St Manhattan/46th Rd Queens

Also extend the (G) back to 71st Av

Brooklyn

Extended the (2)(5) to Sheepshead Bay- Voorhies Av

Extended the (4) to Kings Plaza going down Rochester Ave and turning down E New York Av to go back on Utica Av

Extended the (L) one stop to Av L

Extended the (3) to Queens

Extended the (T) via new tunnel below Old Slip in Lower Manhattan and go to Red Hook and extend to Staten Island via new tunnel at 65th Street

Extended the (S) to meet with the (G) at Bedford Nostrand

Put the brown (M) back on The West End to Bay Pkwy

Extended the (W) to Bay Ridge

Manhattan

New (T)(H)(K) via Second Av

Extended the (Q) via 125th to Broadway, if possible

Bronx

(K) line to Throggs Neck

Extend the (T) to Fordham Rd vis 3rd Av

Extend the (D) to Co-Op City via E Gun Hill Rd

Extended the (1) to North Riverdale 

Staten Island

(T) to Mariners Harbor

Extended the (SIR) to Mariners Harbor via its old ROW on the North Shore

All boroughs

the Triboro RX Now called the (X) line will span all boroughs, starting at Staten Island at SI Mall, up Victory Blvd and meet with the (T) and go up 65th St Tunnel

then continue through LIRR Bay Ridge Branch ROW until Astoria where it will go up 30th Av and up 9th St to Randalls Island and then proceed below Amtrak ROW meeting with the (K) and then turn on Tremont Av and go up Dykman St in Manhattan to go back up Henry Hudson Pkwy to connect with Western Riverdale to terminate at 261st St.

Would appreciate constructive feedback! 

Thanks!

Edited by ABOGbrooklyn

When drawing crayon on a map, it's important to consider capacity so that the new lines you build can run reasonable service while not wrecking service on the other lines. Comments in green.

1 hour ago, ABOGbrooklyn said:

What do you guys think of my subway extension proposal, plenty of extensions in Queens, some in the Bronx and Brooklyn

In Queens

Extended the (F) to Floral Park, Little Neck Pkwy Okay.

Extended the (J) to Queens Village, Hempstead Av via Liberty Av/Hollis Av Okay in the long run, but definitely build the (E) first.

Extended the (E) to Rosedale, Francis Lewis Blvd running on the LIRR right of path Okay.

Extended the (3) to Cambria Heights via Linden Blvd Ambivalent about this one because most riders are going to transfer to the (E).

Extended the (R) to Little Neck via Union Tpke, Utopia Pkwy and 47th Av The intention is okay but the route is circuitous. The (R) needs to run completely under Jewel Ave or Union Turnpike. 

Extended the (7) to Bayside via Roosevelt Av, and Crocheron Av Okay.

Created a new (8) line Willets Pt spur to Whitestone/College Point via College Pt Blvd & 20th Av Not worth diverting capacity from the (7).

Extended the (N) to Laguardia via Con Ed property The extension is not worth building if it doesn't run via Ditmars Blvd.

Re did the (H) line to Rockaway Park via LIRR Rockaway Branch ROW and connect with QBL at Woodhaven Blvd and connect with 2nd Av line via 63rd tunnel Against, there is no good way to integrate the Rockaway Branch with the rest of the subway system at the moment. The 2nd Ave - 63 St connection should be reserved for a new service to Eastern Queens.

Re did the (K) line as well to JFK airport via LIRR ROW to LIC and connect with 2nd Ave line via new tunnel at 48th St Manhattan/46th Rd Queens Absolutely against, the corridor is not high enough density to build a subway, and SAS has no capacity for another connection. Light rail conversion or reusing the line for a future LIRR - NJT service through Union City are the options here.

Also extend the (G) back to 71st Av Against, not enough capacity since everyone in Queens is headed into Manhattan.

Brooklyn

Extended the (2)(5) to Sheepshead Bay- Voorhies Av Okay, but it might be more cost-effective to end the line at Avenue U.

Extended the (4) to Kings Plaza going down Rochester Ave and turning down E New York Av to go back on Utica Av Okay, but some stops such as Beverly Road should be removed.

Extended the (L) one stop to Av L Okay.

Extended the (3) to Queens See the Queens section.

Extended the (T) via new tunnel below Old Slip in Lower Manhattan and go to Red Hook and extend to Staten Island via new tunnel at 65th Street Against, it is more cost-effective to extend the (T) to Hoyt-Schemerhorn. Staten Island doesn't need a subway, maybe an SIR extension into Downtown Brooklyn (and Fulton St) via Red Hook, but the ferry is good enough imo.

Extended the (S) to meet with the (G) at Bedford Nostrand Okay.

Put the brown (M) back on The West End to Bay Pkwy Against because the (W) is going to be using the remaining capacity of the Montague St tunnel.

Extended the (W) to Bay Ridge Okay.

Manhattan

New (T)(H)(K) via Second Av Talked about this above.

Extended the (Q) via 125th to Broadway, if possible Okay.

Bronx

(K) line to Throggs Neck Against, the (6) exists and the  (K) as currently proposed cannot exist (see above).

Extend the (T) to Fordham Rd vis 3rd Av Okay.

Extend the (D) to Co-Op City via E Gun Hill Rd Extend the (D) one stop, then extend the (T) to Co-op City.

Extended the (1) to North Riverdale Okay.

Staten Island

(T) to Mariners Harbor Against, see above.

Extended the (SIR) to Mariners Harbor via its old ROW on the North Shore Sure.

All boroughs

the Triboro RX Now called the (X) line will span all boroughs, starting at Staten Island at SI Mall, up Victory Blvd and meet with the (T) and go up 65th St Tunnel

then continue through LIRR Bay Ridge Branch ROW until Astoria where it will go up 30th Av and up 9th St to Randalls Island and then proceed below Amtrak ROW meeting with the (K) and then turn on Tremont Av and go up Dykman St in Manhattan to go back up Henry Hudson Pkwy to connect with Western Riverdale to terminate at 261st St.

The Triboro RX should not be built into Staten Island. After crossing the (N)(W) it should run into Manhattan along 86 St, possibly joining up with the  (L) at 72 St on the West Side.

Thanks!

2 hours ago, ABOGbrooklyn said:

In Queens

Extended the (E) to Rosedale, Francis Lewis Blvd running on the LIRR right of path

Created a new (8) line Willets Pt spur to Whitestone/College Point via College Pt Blvd & 20th Av

Re did the (H) line to Rockaway Park via LIRR Rockaway Branch ROW and connect with QBL at Woodhaven Blvd and connect with 2nd Av line via 63rd tunnel

Re did the (K) line as well to JFK airport via LIRR ROW to LIC and connect with 2nd Ave line via new tunnel at 48th St Manhattan/46th Rd Queens

Brooklyn

Extended the (4) to Kings Plaza going down Rochester Ave and turning down E New York Av to go back on Utica Av

Extended the (T) via new tunnel below Old Slip in Lower Manhattan and go to Red Hook and extend to Staten Island via new tunnel at 65th Street

Manhattan

Bronx

(K) line to Throggs Neck

Staten Island

(T) to Mariners Harbor

All boroughs

the Triboro RX Now called the (X) line will span all boroughs, starting at Staten Island at SI Mall, up Victory Blvd and meet with the (T) and go up 65th St Tunnel

then continue through LIRR Bay Ridge Branch ROW until Astoria where it will go up 30th Av and up 9th St to Randalls Island and then proceed below Amtrak ROW meeting with the (K) and then turn on Tremont Av and go up Dykman St in Manhattan to go back up Henry Hudson Pkwy to connect with Western Riverdale to terminate at 261st St.

Thanks!

Here are my thoughts on a few of your proposed subway extensions:

1.) Having the (F) run to Springfield Boulevard would be a better alternative, since that's where the majority of passengers traveling east on Hillside Avenue are headed.

2.) Extending the (R) along Union Turnpike and Utopia Parkway to terminate at Little Neck Parkway would make an already lengthy trip way too long. Remember, the (R) has the responsibility of being a local service spanning 3 boroughs, so the line is already under a lot of pressure.

3.) Resurrecting the Brown (M) to Bay Parkway would not only frustrate passengers from Middle Village, Glendale, and Ridgewood seeking a one-seat ride to Midtown, Manhattan, but would also be a waste of manpower, as the Brown (M)  carried air along the West End Line in Brooklyn, which is why it was truncated numerous times and eventually rerouted to Forest Hills–71st Avenue permanently. 

4.) The current (G) terminal at Court Square does a good job at providing passengers north of Hoyt-Schermerhorn Streets with connections to the (E) and (M), which give them access to express and local service along Queens Boulevard.   

5.) Your current idea of sending the (T)along 3rd Avenue in The Bronx to Fordham  Road sounds promising–abandon the temptation of connecting it to Staten Island. 

Extended the (T) via new tunnel below Old Slip in Lower Manhattan and go to Red Hook and extend to Staten Island via new tunnel at 65th Street Against, it is more cost-effective to extend the (T) to Hoyt-Schemerhorn. Staten Island doesn't need a subway, maybe an SIR extension into Downtown Brooklyn (and Fulton St) via Red Hook, but the ferry is good enough imo.

Right!

The (T) if they do build the full route should have a Phase 5 where it continues to Brooklyn via a new Schermerhorn Street tunnel that would stop at what currently is the Transit Museum (Court Street) before continuing to Hoyt-Schermerhorn (coming in on the as-present unused local track/platform there) and continuing as the Fulton Local to Euclid (extended late nights to Lefferts) while the (A) and (C) (the latter extended full-time to Lefferts) become express trains on Fulton.

Extended the (J) to Queens Village, Hempstead Av via Liberty Av/Hollis Av Okay in the long run, but definitely build the (E) first.

Whatever is done there, I would be looking at having any line going this route end at Belmont Park, especially since by the time such a route is done the new arena for the Islanders should have been completed and long-since opened plus by then Belmont Park could very well have become a Racino.  As noted before, I would have such a line go under the racetrack after Belmont Park to a new yard on what currently is the parking lot on backstretch that can double as a barebones station that can be used on Belmont Stakes Day and other days when needed.  

http://app.enmodal.co/?id=b3167f046fbbf360 new map!

(N) and (R) are extended to LaGuardia Airport. (W) is currently discontinued at the moment until I can figure something out.

(M) extended to 179 St

(Q) is extended under 125 St

SAS (V) train runs local from Jamaica/179 St - Hanover Square

(E) runs express to Chambers, then Continues local until Euclid Avenue; it's also extended to Laurelton

(C) terminates at WTC. I might switch Northern Terminals with the (B) 

(F) is extended to Braddock Avenue

(T) is extended to 3 Av up until Burke Av with the (2) and (D) 

Rush Hour (J) trains terminate at Bay Ridge

(4) terminates at New Lots with the (3) running down Utica Avenue

(7) is extended in two sections; South to 9 Av - 14 St and North to Bell Blvd

Note: I don't advocate every extension, I built it just for the fun of it.

Edited by LGA Link N train

14 hours ago, ABOGbrooklyn said:

In Queens

Brooklyn

Manhattan

Bronx

(K) line to Throggs Neck

Staten Island

(T) to Mariners Harbor

All boroughs

Ok. So most of this plan is misguided, because as far as I can tell, there is no capacity relief for Queens Blvd, the Brooklyn IRT, and the Flushing Line. So most of these pie in the sky extensions will just funnel people onto lines that are already at capacity during rush hour.

Most of these extensions you're proposing are way too slow. People will not ride the (3) to Queens or the (J) to Hollis or the (R) to LNP. They'll just swap to an express at the closest possible point, overloading the entire system.

Replies to all extensions in blue.

14 hours ago, ABOGbrooklyn said:

In Queens

End the extension at Springfield. Leave tail tracks with provisions to extend the line further east to LNP if ridership ever warranted it.

End the extension at Hollis. While many say the (J) is too slow, I disagree as it can have an express counterpart (the (Z)), and could be rerouted down Jamaica Av instead of Fulton.

End it at Springfield. 

Too slow for riders to use, a stupid snail when compared to the (E). Cut this out. Extend the (C) over there instead.

Worthless. Run it up the LIE, Jewel Av, or Union Turnpike. No one will take this foamy roundabout route to get to Manhattan.

Extended the (7) to Bayside via Roosevelt Av, and Crocheron Av.

Run it on Northern instead. This improves connections with local buses. 

Again, completely worthless. It reduces important TPH on the (7), which would lead to severe congestion. Extend the (L) over there instead via 10 Av/86 St into Queens via Northern. 

Agree, though you could have a yard on ConEd to swap the (N) and (R).

Worthless. Uses up TPH through 63rd that could INSTEAD be used for the QBL Bypass.

SAS won't have enough TPH, and riders wouldn't even justify its existence. Remove. 

Not enough capacity unless you branched off one of the QBL locals to the RBB or LIE/Jewel/Union Tpke. 

Brooklyn

Agreed.

Send the (3) over there instead of the (4). And FYI, the Utica Av station is NOT located on the latter street because of space for the extension. The bellmouths are located on UTICA and also only branch off the local tracks instead of express. 

Riders wouldn't justify. The B42 does fine in that area. Remove.

See above with the (E) and (3)

Completely worthless, and is a much better use of resources to connect SAS to Fulton so the (C) could go express.

Agree

Riders in Ridgewood/Middle Village would throw a fit if you got rid of the 6 Av (M). Your (brownM) ridership would drop like a rock, and trains would be running empty along the West End.

No yard access unless the yard I listed above was built. Send it to Bay Pkwy.

Manhattan

See above- not enough capacity.

Of course it's possible. Agree. 

Bronx

(K) line to Throggs Neck

Again, see above with not enough capacity. I would leave provisions after the 161 St station on the 3 Av-SAS Extension for such a route.  

Have it go all the way to Gun Hill Rd to connect with the (2)(5)(D)

Agree.

North Riverdale isn't dense enough to warrant that kind of service. Remove. Metro-North does fine and most in Riverdale are rich and drive by car. 

Staten Island

(T) to Mariners Harbor

See above about why this is useless. Also, the North Shore Extension is more viable/feasible than this.

Agreed. 

All boroughs

Cut it back to St. George. Also, this is too expensive, too overkill, and riders won't warrant YOUR (X). Instead, it should run from 145 St to St. George. 

Overall, this map is WAY TOO FOAMY, albeit most extensions unnecessary. You need to start thinking realistically when constructing these maps. 

Thanks!

1 hour ago, LGA Link N train said:

(N) and (R) are extended to LaGuardia Airport. (W) is currently discontinued at the moment until I can figure something out.

You don't need to have both. Send the (N) to QBL via 63rd if you plan to send the (R) to LGA. This will prevent any merging between Broadway expresses and locals, plus it allows the (W) to  be kept.

(M) extended to 179 St

People will bail at Parsons, Union Tpke, and 71 Av for the express (E)(F). Leave it at 71 Av, or divert down RBB if ridership really warranted it. 

Agree.

Worthless when a better use of funds would be to send it via the QBL Bypass. 

(E) runs express to Chambers, then Continues local until Euclid Avenue; it's also extended to Laurelton

Necessitates a merge with the (A) and is worthless. Leave it at WTC, but I do agree with the Laurelton Extension. 

Leave the (C) alone. Extend it to Cambria Heights. 

Agree.

The (D) and (T) should be extended to Gun Hill because of the multiple bus transfers. 

Only issue is line length, otherwise I partially agree.

I agree with most of this EXCEPT, extend the (4) to Spring Creek.

I agree with the Bayside extension, but not the 14 St one. Extend the (L) up 10 Av instead. 

1 hour ago, Coney Island Av said:

You don't need to have both. Send the (N) to QBL via 63rd if you plan to send the (R) to LGA. This will prevent any merging between Broadway expresses and locals, plus it allows the (W) to  be kept.

I have one local and one express going to LGA because, if this was actually built, someone would complain about not having Express service, as for the (W) I could connect it to the BYpass using the 11 St Connection then have it turn on Yellowstone Blvd/Jewel Ave

(M) extended to 179 St

People will bail at Parsons, Union Tpke, and 71 Av for the express (E)(F). Leave it at 71 Av, or divert down RBB if ridership really warranted it. 

And Forest Hills is an inefficient Terminal. Also, would they bail if there's no express train? I didn't feel like building RBB

Agree.

I don't advocate this but someone I know told me about the importance of this extension

Worthless when a better use of funds would be to send it via the QBL Bypass. 

I'm not worried about the bypass, Sunnyside-Woodside needs to be reorganized in order to make room

Necessitates a merge with the (A) and is worthless. Leave it at WTC, but I do agree with the Laurelton Extension. 

Well, I could extend the (T) down to Euclid then extend the (E) to Lefferts

Leave the (C) alone. Extend it to Cambria Heights. 

Nah. A Cambria Heights Extension is too fictional, I'll terminate it at Bedford Park.

Agree.

No doubt.

The (D) and (T) should be extended to Gun Hill because of the multiple bus transfers. 

Alright

Only issue is line length, otherwise I partially agree.

It's only a Rush Hour Extension

I agree with most of this EXCEPT, extend the (4) to Spring Creek.

............ maybe

I agree with the Bayside extension, but not the 14 St one. Extend the (L) up 10 Av instead. 

Agreed, but I feel like the (7) extension is more realistic (despite not advocating for this either) 

Replies in Red

On 1/21/2018 at 1:57 AM, ABOGbrooklyn said:

In Queens

Brooklyn

Manhattan

Bronx

(K) line to Throggs Neck

Staten Island

(T) to Mariners Harbor

All boroughs

Thanks!

I like the (E)(F)(J)(N)(7) (8) extensions (though the (F) doesn’t need to go all the way to Floral Park and Northern Blvd would be a much easier and more convenient place to put the (7) versus narrow Crocheron Ave). God knows Queens needed all of these decades ago! Also like the (T) to Fordham Road and the (D) to Co-op City. God knows the Bronx needs way better crosstown service than the Bx12 on Fordham and the Bx28/30/38 on Gun Hill Road.

But why is there no longer any train service on the Manhattan Bridge? Do you think it can’t be counted on to carry trains in the future? 

And why put the (M) back on Nassau St and the West End Line? And why bring back the (V) and the (G) to Forest Hills?

Edited by T to Dyre Avenue