Department of Subways - Proposals/Ideas

Um actually I do ride those lines and plus if you have noticed they have been already cutting (3) service from Brooklyn during Weekdays after PM Rush Hours and Weekends for a huge number of weeks and (4) provides service to New Lots Av. So if they were to permanently discontinue (3) service from Brooklyn they are not losing anything.

Edited by bwwnyc123

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, Jemorie said:

You obviously don’t ride the Brooklyn IRT enough to realize cutting the (3) on weekends is not an excellent idea. Cutting service just leads to decreased ridership.

You honestly think that’s a great thing?

Um actually I do ride those lines and plus if you have noticed they have been already cutting service from Brooklyn during Weekdays after PM Rush Hours and Weekends for a huge number of weeks and (4) has been providing service to New Lots Av. So if they were to permanently discontinue (3) service from Brooklyn and Weekends and Early Weeknights they are not losing anything. And soon they will start cutting down services on Supplement Lines. There is a difference between Supplement and Full Time Lines. I ride through all the Subway Lines alot.

Edited by bwwnyc123

9 minutes ago, bwwnyc123 said:

Um actually I do ride those lines and plus if you have noticed they have been already cutting service from Brooklyn during Weekdays after PM Rush Hours and Weekends for a huge number of weeks and (4) has been providing service to New Lots Av. So if they were to permanently discontinue (3) service from Brooklyn and Weekends and Early Weeknights they are not losing anything.

No duh. Still decreases ridership which in turn hurts the (MTA) 's economy. But whatever floats your boat, kid. 

2 minutes ago, bwwnyc123 said:

Oh shut up your big fat mouth you dumb bastard wasting your breath.

It's doesn't decrease anything don't even know what the F you're talking about shut the F up. You are speaking Lies.

Edited by bwwnyc123

1 minute ago, bwwnyc123 said:

It's doesn't decrease anything don't even know what the F you're talking about shut the F up.

Lol. You doing all that swearing, name-calling, profanity, and spamming doesn't frightening me in the least bit. Been through all that in my high school years already. Settle down, kid lol.

Just pointing out that the more we cut service, the less people will ride the subways and anything else related to the (MTA). When you pay the fare, where else do you think that money is going to? It's already bad enough that people are already farebeating. How do we combat farebeating?

Just something to think about. Think of it like going to a clothing store in terms of retail. How else are clothing stores and restaurants  going to make money without customers?

There isn't anything wrong with me disagreeing with your proposal in addition. If I came off too hard, I apologize.

Think of what @T to Dyre Avenue said earlier about being against leaving the (R) train the way it currently is under someone else's proposal here. Especially when people complain about it running irregularly every now and then. The goal is to make it more reliable, not less. In reality, yes the (MTA) generally does whatever they can to cut service, but ironically, they actually can get less money because people are already aware of reduced service equals more crowding and delays as people tend to hold doors, while at the same time flagging along the lines. Stuff like those causes people to avoid the subway and try other alternatives to get around. Less people who ride the subways means less people will pay the fare to ride the subways. If we don't try different methods, it actually makes the (MTA) (and of course, Cuomo) look bad tbh. However, I know that the (MTA) does save up yearly because of those crews who get paid to operate those trains will no longer do them.

Just some critical thinking here.

Edited by Jemorie

58 minutes ago, bwwnyc123 said:

They have already been cutting (3) service from Brooklyn so what is the difference.

And that makes it okay? This is 2019, not 2009. The (MTA) needs to step up their damn game.

Always remember: cutting one line forces all its riders onto the other. Cutting that said line forces more people to change trains, and thus, lengthening their commutes and causing irregularity in service as people hold doors. Cutting that said line also means fewer trains on a corridor.

Edited by Jemorie

4 minutes ago, bwwnyc123 said:

Right but (2) and (4) are replacing (3) service.

Kid, you realize the (2) cannot handle both the (3) riders and its own riders, right? Do you know how crowded the (2) gets between the Bronx and Manhattan? What about the Flatbush customers? Are you suggesting that we should shove the New Lots customers as well as those traveling within Manhattan as well as to/from Flatbush onto the already busy (2)?

Edited by Jemorie

1 hour ago, bwwnyc123 said:

They have already been cutting (3) service from Brooklyn so what is the difference.

Yeah they've been cutting it because of a general order that physically prevents the (3) from operating. That's the difference.

If you've been paying attention to this thread for the last few months, you'd see why this is a terrible idea.

6 minutes ago, bwwnyc123 said:

They are doing it anyway right whether you like it or not You Fool. Crying over a (3) train so sad when even it's replaced by Full Time Routes (2) and (4) .

And yet they can't even handle their own riders on top of the (3) riders. So sad indeed. Lol. I wouldn't spend 15-20+ minutes in a hot station if that wasn't the case.

Edited by Jemorie

3 minutes ago, bwwnyc123 said:

They are doing it anyway right whether you like it or not You Fool.

Yeah for one more weekend and then its back to normal weekend (3) service because its for a general order and they wouldn't dare cut it permanently. 

And if your only argument in favor of an idea is that everyone else disagreeing with you are fools, you ultimately have no argument and you lack the maturity for this thread.

Just now, Around the Horn said:

Yeah for one more weekend and then its back to normal weekend (3) service because its for a general order and they wouldn't dare cut it permanently. 

And if your only argument in favor of an idea is that everyone else disagreeing with you are fools, you ultimately have no argument and you lack the maturity for this thread.

How would you know what MTA would could do you don't work for them?

3 minutes ago, Around the Horn said:

Don't even stress yourself. Just ignore the pointless name-calling and cursing. He's just a little boy behind that screen of his anyway.

4 minutes ago, bwwnyc123 said:

Yes they could handle riders that's why they don't need a Part Time Supplement line when they could have Full Time Lines.

The (2) and (4) are longer routes than the (3). If they run the former two each at shorter headways than the current 8 minutes, it will cost them $$$. Running the (3) costs less, since it is already operating on its entire route every weekend officially on paper and in general, reality as well.

Lol, you might as well suggest that they should eliminate the (C) altogether on weekends and replace it with the (A).

29 minutes ago, bwwnyc123 said:

Yes they could handle riders that's why they don't need a Part Time Supplement line when they could have Full Time Lines.

Literally the entire point of supplemental lines is to handle the loads the primary lines cannot sustain alone — they sometimes provide different service patterns, too. 

The (3) exists on weekends basically because the (2) would die without it. Dunno how much time you spend riding the subway, but if you’ve ever ridden the West Side IRT on a weekend sans (3), you’ll find that trains are pretty heavily loaded — to the point where ops suffer. The (3) mitigates those impacts, makes the weekend (4) somewhat more operable, and provides valued service to 145 and 148. 

Generally speaking — and it’s hard to demonstrate this empirically because weekend service is such a shitshow to begin with — service cuts during off peak times don’t save all that much money. The elasticity or demand is such that a service cut has the potential to reduce ridership to such an extent that savings are minimal, if extant at all. The reason MTA is able to leverage savings from the recent round of off peak cuts is because the service doesn’t exist anyway — the lines affected were supplemented into those service patterns anyway, so the MTA can reduce service (=costs) without worrying about an additional revenue impact because those revenue impacts were occurring regardless. A cut to the (3) would not fit the description of a service pattern run all the time in the off peak; the (3) runs most weekends. @Lance may be able to put numbers to this (and also, dear god, provide some much needed moderation in this thread). 

Generally speaking, we should be looking for ways to realistically efficiently increase off peak service rather than cutting it — there are plenty of ways to grow ridership and revenue — but that’s me. Flagging and productivity reforms, anyone? 

Also, if I may say so @bwwnyc123, you may be young, but one good skill to learn as you age is to argue respectfully, knowledgeably, and with an understanding that you may be wrong. The people who have responded to you in this thread clearly know more about the issue than do you — maybe you should step back and try to learn instead of acting, well, childish.   

Edited by RR503

33 minutes ago, bwwnyc123 said:

You All Don't Get It, You All Don't Get It so Sad. You All need Some Professional Help. Like I said (2) and (4) combined are making all of the (3) stops. No one said anything about (A) and (C) .

I mention the (A) and (C) for the simple fact of turning the script on you with your words here:

44 minutes ago, bwwnyc123 said:

That, and your "Like I said (2) and (4) combined are making all of the (3) stops" statement should justified your huge ego and agenda.

With that, you are an immature little boy who has no argument to back up any of your statements without resorting to name-calling and cursing as well as simplistic one dimensional, one sentence posts like "They've been doing this for a long time so what", "They make the same exact stops so whats the point", "you make no sense" etc, and you have behaved like this ever since we've known you on this site. Grow up. Not everyone is going to agree with you at the end of the day. This is a public discussion forum. If you don't like it, you can leave. This is my final time I will ever speak to you for real too. You will be going on my ignore list from now on. Lol, have a nice day.

Edited by Jemorie
Several typo errors and additional sentences.

@Lance cleanup on aisle 3 please 

26 minutes ago, RR503 said:

Generally speaking, we should be looking for ways to realistically efficiently increase off peak service rather than cutting it — there are plenty of ways to grow ridership and revenue — but that’s me. Flagging and productivity reforms, anyone? 

Thank you thats what I was trying to say but I had a brain fart lmao