Department of Subways - Proposals/Ideas

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my proposal to fix IRT Bronx 

I bringing this up cause 149th Street junction where the 2 and 5 trains meet; 5 trains must negotiate a wicked S-curve between the 138th Street and 149th Street – Grand Concourse stations. The sharpness of the curve restricts the 5 train’s speed, which causes delays.

So what’s I’m proposing is a new alignment would remedy the bottleneck, The 5 train merge would be rebuilt so it would occur between Grand Concourse and 3rd Ave stations so that the curve of the tunnel would allow for much faster/smoother merges. Service on the White Plains Rd Line (2/5 trains) would be sped up. 

Not necessarily but optional: another minor change I would make is has the 2 and 5 trains switch terminals 

The 2 train would take over the Dyre Avenue line 

The 5 train would take over the Wakefield line. 

Reasoning for this switch, The White Plains Road branch is about 4.5 miles long with 10 stations, while the Dyre Avenue branch is about 4 miles long with 5 stations. I believe that the peak way express service would be more efficient on the train line with the longer route and the interface at 180 street the wakefield tracks leads directly to the express track and the dyre Avenue tracks leads directly to the local tracks

An additional benefit is When the 5 runs express south of East 180th Street, it no longer has to cross over the local tracks to reach the center track.

For IRT Brooklyn 

Let’s face it The Rogers Avenue junction will NEVER be perfect so I just leave that unchanged. 

This plan would allow for better service in Bronx while keeping the sacred west side access via 7th Avenue and east side access via Lexington Avenue. 

What do you think

I made a list of extension proposals 

1 trains run between ‌‌Van Cortlandt Park-242 St Bronx and South Ferry Manhattan.

Broadway 7th Avenue local

1 train unchanged 

2 trains run between Wakefield-241 St Bronx and Sheepshead bay Brooklyn 

White plains rd local Lenox Avenue Local 7th Avenue express Eastern Parkway Local Nostrand ave local 

2 train extended to sheepshead bay Brooklyn 

Some rush hours 2 train head to Montauk ave

3 trains run between Highbridge 181 St Manhattan and Montauk Ave Brooklyn 

Lenox Avenue Local 7th Avenue express Eastern Parkway Local Livonia Avenue Local

3 train extended to Highbridge park 181 st Manhattan and Montauk ave Brooklyn 

4 trains run between Woodlawn Bronx and Kings Highway Utica Av Brooklyn .

Jerome Avenue Local Lexington Avenue Express Eastern Parkway Express Utica Avenue Local 

4 train extended to Kings Highway via new Utica ave subway 

5 trains run between Eastchester-Dyre Av Bronx and Sheepshead bay Brooklyn 

Dyre Avenue local White Plains Rd Local Lexington Avenue Express Eastern Parkway Express Nostrand ave local 

5 train extended to sheepshead bay Brooklyn 

Some rush hour 5 head to Nereid Ave and Kings Highway Utica Avenue 

6 trains run between Co-op city bronx and Brooklyn Bridge-City Hall Manhattan.

Pelham Local Lexington Avenue Local 

6 train extended to Co-op city Bronx 

7 trains run between 221 St Bayside Queens and  34 St-Hudson Yards Manhattan

Flushing Local

7 train extend to 221 st Bayside Queens

A trains run between Inwood-207 St Manhattan and Far Rockaway-Mott Av Queens.

Washington heights Express Central Park West Express 8th Avenue Express Fulton Street Express Liberty Avenue local Rockway local 

Some rush hours A train head to Rockway beach 116 st

A train diverted to the Rockways 

C trains run between 168 St Manhattan and Ozone Park-Lefferts Blvd Queens.

Washington heights Local Central Park West Local 8th Avenue Local Fulton Street Express

C train becomes express in Brooklyn and extended to queens  

E trains run between Laurelton Springfield Blvd and World Trade Center.

Queens blvd Express 8th Avenue Local 

E train extended to Laurelton Springfield Blvd via new Merrick Line

Some rush hours E train head to Queens Village Springfield Blvd

B trains run between Bedford Park Blvd Bronx and Brighton Beach Brooklyn.

Grand Concourse Local Central Park west Local 6th Avenue Express Brighton Express

B train extended to Bedford Park Blvd Bronx all day

D trains run between Co-op city and Coney Island-Stillwell Av.

Grand Concourse Local Central Park west Express 6th Avenue Express 4th Avenue Express West End local

D train extended to Co-op city Bronx 
D train runs peak express in west end during rush hours 

F trains run between Queens Village Springfield Blvd Queens and Coney Island-Stillwell Av Brooklyn.

Queens blvd Express 6th Avenue Local Culver Local

F train extended to Queens Village Springfield Blvd Queens

M trains run between Forest Hills-71 Av Queens and Middle Village-Metropolitan A Queens.

Queens blvd Local 6th Avenue local Jamaica Local Myrtle Avenue Local 

M train unchanged 

N trains run between LaGuardia Airport Queens and Coney Island-Stillwell Av Brooklyn.

Some rush hours N train head to Whitestone Expressway

Astoria Local Broadway Express 4th Avenue Express Sea Beach Local

N train extended to LaGuardia Airport 

Q trains run between Broadway 125th St Manhattan and Coney Island-Stillwell Av Brooklyn.

2nd Avenue Local Broadway Express Brighton Local

Q train extended to Broadway 125th St

R trains run between Forest Hills-71 Av Queens and Bay Ridge-95 St Brooklyn.

Queens blvd local Broadway local 4th Avenue Local 

R train unchanged 

W trains run between LaGuardia Airport Queens and Whitehall St-South Ferry Manhattan 

Astoria Local Broadway Local 

W train extended to LaGuardia Airport 

Rush hour W train extended to Bay Parkway via 4th Avenue local west end local

J/Z trains run between Hollis Farmers Blvd 190 St Queens and Broad St Manhattan.

new express track build on Jamaica line crescent street to Broadway junction section replaced by a straight line on Jamaica avenue 

Jamaica Local Nassau Street Local
Jamaica peak way express 

J/Z extended to Hollis Farmers Blvd 190 St Queens

J train becomes fully local 

Z train converted to peak way express

Skip stop services eliminated

L trains run between 10 Av 14 St and Canarsie-Rockaway Pkwy

14 St Local Canarsie Local 

L train extended to 10 Av

G trains run between Howard Beach JFK airport and Church Avenue.

Crosstown Local Queens Blvd Local Culver Local Rockway branch local

G train extended to queens blvd and rockway branch and then run down to Howard Beach JFK airport

T train run between White Plains Rd Gun Hill Rd Bronx and Euclid Avenue Brooklyn 
 3rd Avenue Local 2nd Avenue Local 

V train run between Bedford Park Blvd Bronx and Kings Highway Brooklyn
3rd Avenue Express 2nd Avenue Express Culver Express 

K train run between Whitestone Expressway 112 st Queens and Cooper Avenue Cypress Avenue 
Northern Blvd Local 2nd Avenue Express South 3rd Street local 

H train run between Rockway Beach 116 st and 34 st Hudson Yard
34th st local Montauk local Rockway branch local
Rockway shuttle eliminated and absorbed into H train

This service pattern is for Weekdays only

Weekends: 

A train also runs to Ozone Park-Lefferts Blvd

C train  Local in Brooklyn 168 st -Euclid Avenue 

B train no service use C D Q trains

M train Essex st-Metropolitan Avenue 

N train runs local in Manhattan 

W train no service use the N R trains

V train no service use F T trains

Z train no service use J train 

5 train Dyre Avenue-Bowling Green

T train Gun Hill Road-Hanover Square 

G train Court sq-Church Avenue 

Late nights:

A train local service all trains diverted to Far Rockway 
Shuttle Lefferts blvd-Euclid Avenue 

C train no service use the A train 

E train Local service 

B train no service use A D Q trains

D train runs local in Brooklyn 

M train Shuttle Metropolitan Avenue-Myrtle Avenue 

N train local service runs via lower Manhattan 

Q train local service

R train Whitehall south ferry-Bay ridge 95 st

W train no service use the N R trains

V train no service use F T trains

Z train no service use J train 

G train Court sq-Church Avenue

T train Gun Hill Road-Hanover Square
2 train local service 

3 train Highbridge 181 St-Times square 42 st

4 train Local service Woodlawn-Kings highway Utica ave/Moutank ave

5 train shuttle Dyre Avenue-180 st

Here’s a question why do people want the SAS on the Manhattan bridge. Whats do y’all got against the current (B)(D)(N)(Q) layout. Why do y’all hate the (J)(Z)(M) on Williamburg it’s very historical  people never had a problem with this layout. South Brooklyn likes 6th Avenue and Broadway services. North Brooklyn likes the Nassau street via (J)(Z) and 6th Avenue via (M) What’s wrong with a Fulton street connection it would be much cheaper  

On 8/7/2021 at 1:07 PM, Amiri the subway guy said:

my proposal to fix IRT Bronx 

I bringing this up cause 149th Street junction where the 2 and 5 trains meet; 5 trains must negotiate a wicked S-curve between the 138th Street and 149th Street – Grand Concourse stations. The sharpness of the curve restricts the 5 train’s speed, which causes delays.

So what’s I’m proposing is a new alignment would remedy the bottleneck, The 5 train merge would be rebuilt so it would occur between Grand Concourse and 3rd Ave stations so that the curve of the tunnel would allow for much faster/smoother merges. Service on the White Plains Rd Line (2/5 trains) would be sped up. 

Not necessarily but optional: another minor change I would make is has the 2 and 5 trains switch terminals 

The 2 train would take over the Dyre Avenue line 

The 5 train would take over the Wakefield line. 

Reasoning for this switch, The White Plains Road branch is about 4.5 miles long with 10 stations, while the Dyre Avenue branch is about 4 miles long with 5 stations. I believe that the peak way express service would be more efficient on the train line with the longer route and the interface at 180 street the wakefield tracks leads directly to the express track and the dyre Avenue tracks leads directly to the local tracks

An additional benefit is When the 5 runs express south of East 180th Street, it no longer has to cross over the local tracks to reach the center track.

For IRT Brooklyn 

Let’s face it The Rogers Avenue junction will NEVER be perfect so I just leave that unchanged. 

This plan would allow for better service in Bronx while keeping the sacred west side access via 7th Avenue and east side access via Lexington Avenue. 

What do you think

I think that perhaps you should check out the history of the (2) and (5) lines in the Bronx and then get back to us 😀. Just a suggestion from an older person. Carry on.

11 hours ago, Amiri the subway guy said:

Here’s a question why do people want the SAS on the Manhattan bridge. Whats do y’all got against the current (B)(D)(N)(Q) layout. Why do y’all hate the (J)(Z)(M) on Williamburg it’s very historical  people never had a problem with this layout. South Brooklyn likes 6th Avenue and Broadway services. North Brooklyn likes the Nassau street via (J)(Z) and 6th Avenue via (M) What’s wrong with a Fulton street connection it would be much cheaper  

I believe the main issue with the Williamsburg Bridge is capacity. Let's look at the official MTA timetables for both services on the bridge.

Between 7 and 8 AM, the northbound track on the bridge has to deal with 8 (J) trains, 1 (Z) trains, and 6 (M) trains.

On second thought, that's 15 trains per hour, which doesn't sound like too much. But I suppose with the curves leading up to the bridge, the Williamsburg Bridge has lower capacity than, say, the northbound track of the Cranberry St tubes, which fields 12 (A) trains and 7 (C) trains during the same 7-8AM rush. Then again, the MTA doesn't just fill capacity for capacity sake. Maybe the (A)(C) trains have more demand than the (J)(M)(Z) trains. Just some thoughts here.

On 8/4/2021 at 10:33 PM, Caelestor said:

The BMT through Midtown is currently not at its full capacity. Broadway is under capacity because of the (N) express to local merge at 34 St, and the 8 Ave Line only has 3 services. While it can be argued that 8 Ave doesn't need its 4th service at the moment, Broadway really needs to be decongested and so the (N) needs to be sent up 63 St in some manner. My preference is to send it to 96 St, but I can understand rerouting it to QBL since the (R)(W) will serve Astoria full-time and the WTC - QB (K) service may not be available due to budget reasons.

The (M) is definitely more useful than the (brownM) but long-term it restricts (F) capacity along the Rutgers tunnel and so there should be some long-term discussions on rerouting the Jamaica Line uptown, perhaps up 2 Ave. It may be the only way to add new trunk capacity through Midtown, as the key impediment to adding a new trunk line has always been a new East River crossing. With lower Nassau St temporarily removed from service, the line can be rehabilitated to link up to a 2 Ave express line or a 3 Ave relief line instead. There could also be a discussion on sending the Broadway local at Whitehall St onto the Fulton St local and connecting Nassau St to the 4 Ave local full time.

I'm also intrigued by the idea of routing the (M) via a new SAS, as well as repurposing Nassau St below Chambers St into part of the SAS.

The case for a new Northern Blvd line 

So the reason why I bring this up is because as we all know that the 7 train is a very crowded train line. I would love to see the G train extended back to queens blvd this will certainly help some riders it won’t do anything for the majority of riders looking to get to Manhattan. and unfortunately even with CBTC there just isn’t the space for that. When the 2nd Avenue line get build I feel as if they should a direct queens line connecting to it the queens blvd and Astoria line doesn’t have enough capacity. 

Queens is in dire need of better subway service The only way to make a meaningful and substantial improvement to congestion in Queens is more subways. MTA needs to seriously look at new capacity in a bigger way then it has for the last 30 years. A line that would definitely take some pressure off the 7 train would be a new northern blvd line. 

Northern Blvd is wide enough for a 4 track subway but I believe 3 tracks would do just as good as well and would greatly reduce subway congestion at Jackson Heights for both the IND Queens Blvd Line and the IRT Flushing Line 7 train.

It would be a duel Manhattan and crosstown branch line 

The first part of this plan would be to expand the current 2nd Avenue plan. I propose building phase 3 with express tracks where a new line would branch using the existing 63rd street tunnel. 

The reasoning why I propose Northern Blvd/2nd Ave express trains using the 63rd St tunnel. 
Is that It would allow would allow riders coming from 6th Ave, Queens blvd, Hillside the chance to easily transfer to the 2nd Ave Subway. 

Both tunnels would meet at a new station in Sunnyside Yards and continue as 4 tracks east under Northern Blvd.

On court square the tracks would be connected to the tracks of northern blvd allowing for the G train to be extended via Northern Blvd 

The crosstown G train would branch out to Whitestone expressway and run to college point blvd. The Manhattan i name it either H train or K train 2nd Avenue Express. I’m proposing to connect it to the Rockway Branch line. 

It conclusion this line would feature an extended crosstown G train and a new 2nd Avenue line I like the K train name but H train would be more symbolic to rockway riders.

On 7/26/2020 at 9:09 PM, LaGuardia Link N Tra said:

Short Term: Upgrade Capacity on the BMT Eastern Division. This'll involve resignalling the Williamsburg Bridge so that it can handle more than 24 TPH. Rebuilding Myrtle Junction so that Northbound (M) Trains don't interfere with (J) trains from both directions. Extending Peak Express service along the (J) to Broadway Junction so that we can do away with Skip Stop. Eventually, you'll need to extend the BMT Eastern Division station Platforms to 600' in order to accommodate 10 Car Trains in addition to having to expand East New York Yard. 

Long Term: Redesign Phase 3 so that 14th Street (2nd Avenue) is an "Express" Station. The planned layup tracks between 9th and 20th Streets should turn under East 3rd Street so that it can reach South 4th Street. This will include an additional Stop at Saint Marks Place. A new subway on South 4th Street/Broadway would be built to replace the current Elevated on the (J),(M) and (Z)

Agree on upgrading the Eastern Division, with the big one lengthening all platforms to at least 600 feet, and also in some cases consolidating stations and if necessary moving the Marcy Avenue station to where it can allow for three tracks past there going towards Manhattan with a merge after that, allowing express trains to skip Marcy going express.  I would also rebuild the upper level of Myrtle Avenue as part of a much bigger rebuild there that would be done to allow for a short stretch of the old Myrtle Avenue EL to be rebuilt (with a stop at Tompkins Avenue on the old line) before going to Bedford-Nostrand for a transfer to the (G) and then running along a Franklin Avenue line rebuilt all the way to two tracks and 600' stations that would then serve as one of two Brighton locals to Coney Island as the Myrtle-Brighton line that I would do as a "Black (V)" between Coney Island and Metropolitan Avenue (this would absorb the existing Franklin shuttle).  

I suspect it would be cost-prohibitive to do the kind of subway you would want to replace the Broadway-Brooklyn-Jamaica El.  What I would do there is build an SAS connection to the Willamsburg Bridge and as part of that perhaps if possible rebuild Essex Street to four and even five tracks that would allow for a new line between Essex and south Brooklyn (maybe a 24/7 version of the old "Bankers Special" (RJ) <RR> (later "Brown (R)" that ran until 1987) . 

is this even a valid excuse 

0, while not used publicly, is used as the internal designation of the 42nd Street Shuttle.

H is the Rockaway Park Shuttle's internal route designator, which has occasionally been used publicly, most notably from 1986–93 and again in 2012–13 following Hurricane Sandy.

I has never been used due to its visual similarity to the number 1 and sounds like the word eye.

O has never been used due to its visual similarity to the number 0 and sounds like the word oh.

P has never actually been used, as it sounds like the word "pea" or the slang term "pee" (a colloquialism for urine).

U has never been used, as it sounds like the word "you".

X is used as a placeholder for routes under development.

Y has never been used, as it sounds like the word "why".

Here’s a question why isn’t the entire culver line 4 tracks. I was wondering if it would be justifiable to covert it to 4 tracks as co part of a expanded 2nd Avenue line plan. My proposal is to replace the <F> with a restore 2nd ave V train would run express to king highway during weekdays only. But I just need to see the ridership to see if it’s worth it. I heard culver wants express service.

7 hours ago, Amiri the subway guy said:

Here’s a question why isn’t the entire culver line 4 tracks. I was wondering if it would be justifiable to covert it to 4 tracks as co part of a expanded 2nd Avenue line plan. My proposal is to replace the <F> with a restore 2nd ave V train would run express to king highway during weekdays only. But I just need to see the ridership to see if it’s worth it. I heard culver wants express service.

The reason why the entire Culver line isn't 4 tracks is because the section between Coney Island and Ditmas Av were built by the BMT which the Culver shuttle had full time access to. The IND took over the line pretty much entirely, if they were to convert the rest of the line to 4 tracks, it would be very expensive, the conversion alone would be annoying, but a lot of land would need to be acquired for that to happen. It's why other lines that are 3 tracks haven't been converted, mainly because it would be very expensive and a lot of land would be needed.

10 hours ago, Vulturious said:

The reason why the entire Culver line isn't 4 tracks is because the section between Coney Island and Ditmas Av were built by the BMT which the Culver shuttle had full time access to. The IND took over the line pretty much entirely, if they were to convert the rest of the line to 4 tracks, it would be very expensive, the conversion alone would be annoying, but a lot of land would need to be acquired for that to happen. It's why other lines that are 3 tracks haven't been converted, mainly because it would be very expensive and a lot of land would be needed.

Thanks for the answer. If it’s expensive and the ridership won’t be high enough to justify that cost then the 2nd Avenue-Culver link could be modified to the 2nd Avenue line V train running local to Church Avenue while the F train runs express between Jay Street and Church Avenue. Again this would be weekdays only weekends and late nights the F train runs local all the way. I’m not sure if the express service will still be effective  

5 hours ago, Amiri the subway guy said:

Thanks for the answer. If it’s expensive and the ridership won’t be high enough to justify that cost then the 2nd Avenue-Culver link could be modified to the 2nd Avenue line V train running local to Church Avenue while the F train runs express between Jay Street and Church Avenue. Again this would be weekdays only weekends and late nights the F train runs local all the way. I’m not sure if the express service will still be effective  

That's honestly fine, as long as it can be built to not interfere with (F) service somewhere in Downtown Brooklyn. Maybe the connection to Culver would be used through a new tunnel from SAS going towards Court St, although I do not know if it is possible for such connection to be made. If it is, that would be a huge plus for those wanting express service into Manhattan while people can still have their local service.

16 hours ago, Vulturious said:

That's honestly fine, as long as it can be built to not interfere with (F) service somewhere in Downtown Brooklyn. Maybe the connection to Culver would be used through a new tunnel from SAS going towards Court St, although I do not know if it is possible for such connection to be made. If it is, that would be a huge plus for those wanting express service into Manhattan while people can still have their local service.

Any use of Court Street for the SAS would have to be in all likelihood to connect the SAS to the Fulton Street line, with such coming in on the unused track and platform at Hoyt-Schermerhorn with the (T) going to Euclid Avenue (and as I would do it, extended late nights to Lefferts).  This would allow the (A) and (C) to both operate express on Fulton with the (C) becoming the Lefferts Line (replaced late nights by the (T) and the (A) being split full-time between Far Rockaway and Rockaway Park, replacing the Rockaway Park (S) except possibly late nights.  

I had previously proposed moving the SAS south of 23rd to 1st Avenue the way the 2nd Avenue EL was, which among other things would allow for a Culver line on SAS to join the line after Houston Street (transfer there to the (F) to the 1st Avenue side of the 2nd Avenue station) and go with the (F) to at least Church Avenue and more likely Kings Highway, with one line becoming the express line between Bergen and Church and the lower level of Bergen re-opened for this purpose. 

15 minutes ago, ActiveCity said:

How does one photoshop an MTA map?

I’ve found some success on MS Paint if you have microsoft and patience… lol. No expertise on Photoshop specifically, but I think Illustrator is your better bet if you are trying to make maps and system diagrams

10 hours ago, Wallyhorse said:

Any use of Court Street for the SAS would have to be in all likelihood to connect the SAS to the Fulton Street line, with such coming in on the unused track and platform at Hoyt-Schermerhorn with the (T) going to Euclid Avenue (and as I would do it, extended late nights to Lefferts).  This would allow the (A) and (C) to both operate express on Fulton with the (C) becoming the Lefferts Line (replaced late nights by the (T) and the (A) being split full-time between Far Rockaway and Rockaway Park, replacing the Rockaway Park (S) except possibly late nights.  

I had previously proposed moving the SAS south of 23rd to 1st Avenue the way the 2nd Avenue EL was, which among other things would allow for a Culver line on SAS to join the line after Houston Street (transfer there to the (F) to the 1st Avenue side of the 2nd Avenue station) and go with the (F) to at least Church Avenue and more likely Kings Highway, with one line becoming the express line between Bergen and Church and the lower level of Bergen re-opened for this purpose. 

Oh, let me elaborate on what I meant. When I said, "connection to Culver would be used through a new tunnel from SAS going towards Court St," I meant it as two lines from SAS running through the same tunnel into Brooklyn. One line going through Court St and onto Fulton Local, that being the (T), and the other line that splits from the (T) just before Court running along Culver. I hope that better explains what I was trying to say.

Like the feedback from my SAS-Culver link proposal. Here’s another proposal that would kill two birds with one stone would be building the SAS-Northern Blvd line 

Northern Blvd is wide enough for a 4 track subway but I believe 3 tracks would do just as good as well and would greatly reduce subway congestion at Jackson Heights for both the IND Queens Blvd Line and the IRT Flushing Line 7 train.

It would be a duel Manhattan and crosstown branch line 

The first part of this plan would be to expand the current 2nd Avenue plan. I propose building phase 3 with express tracks where a new line would branch using the existing 63rd street tunnel. 

The reasoning why I propose Northern Blvd/2nd Ave express trains using the 63rd St tunnel. 
Is that It would allow would allow riders coming from 6th Ave, Queens blvd, Hillside the chance to easily transfer to the 2nd Ave Subway. 

Both tunnels would meet at a new station in Sunnyside Yards and continue as 4 tracks east under Northern Blvd.

On court square the tracks would be connected to the tracks of northern blvd allowing for the G train to be extended via Northern Blvd 

The crosstown G train would branch out to Whitestone expressway and run to college point blvd. The Manhattan i name it either H train or K train 2nd Avenue Express. I’m proposing to connect it to the Rockway Branch line. 

Alternatively you could kill two birds with one stone by having the Northern Blvd line cross Grand Central Parkway follow the Cuomo Airtrain and sent the 2nd Avenue K train to LaGuardia Airport 

It conclusion this line would feature an extended crosstown G train and a new 2nd Avenue line.

And for the long overdue replacement for the 3rd Avenue line. Here’s how I would want it to be like. 

The connection to Bronx, so for the Bronx connection build a new 4 track line across 3rd Avenue and Webster Avenue a very hugely populated place in the Bronx. This would be used for the T and V trains. The T train would be local 24/7 and the V train would be express operating weekdays only the express would than lower in 143rd st. The tunnel to Manhattan would be split like this 

The upper local level would go to Manhattan via Lincoln Avenue and the lower express level would go to Manhattan via a tunnel underneath the 3rd Avenue bridge 

The local only stops would be 

181st st

Claremont pkwy

168th st

Melrose 163rd st

156th st

The local and express stops would be 

Bedford Park Blvd

Fordham plaza

Tremont Park 177th st

3 ave 149th st

3 ave 138th st

And with phase 1 build the way it is the express tracks would need to be build underneath but here’s a bonus way we can do this first build the express tracks with connections to 125th street the V train would be the express, Again weekdays only since there won’t really a demand for full time express in East Harlem. 

It would skip 116th 106th 96th and 86th streets and it would then head down to 2nd Avenue at 81st street than 72nd street would be build with connections to the lower level Yes 72nd street would be an express stop.