Department of Subways - Proposals/Ideas

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is nothing wrong with the (5) at Flatbush Avenue. Why would you change it in the first place? Here is something more real for you. Elevate the (2), and (5) north of Flatbush Avenue, and have it run to Sheepshead Bay, Brooklyn. It would help the Utica Avenue residents, and the people in Sheepshead Bay.

The Line is elevated from 163rd st to 59th st

(8) 9th Avenue Local

<7> 9th Avenue Express

(8) Splits off from the (4) before 161st Street-Yankee Stadium where the old sedgwick avenue shuttle structure is.

155th st

148th st

135th st

125th st

110th st

96th st

86th st

80th st

76th st'

68th st

59th st

42nd st

34th st

14th st

Canal st

world financial center

<7> After exiting Times Sq would make the following stops

34th st

Canal St

World Financial Center

ill provide a map soon ;)

Edited by Andres
clarification

Using existing track layouts, where around the system would you put new stations that never had them before?

One place I can think of is Allerton Av on the (5) line. Still some good distance from Gun Hill and while NIMBYish it would make yet another alternate Co-op station (along with Baychester/Pelham/Gun Hill)

How about, possibly, an infill station at 175th Street and Broadway on the I.R.T. (1)? There still would be seven blocks to 168th Street (1)(A)(C) and six blocks to 181st Street (1).

Thing is, the bus terminal isn't right upstairs, thats why there's one on the (A) line. I thought of the Dyre idea a long time ago, and I know there used to be a station in between Dekalb and Grand/Canal right before the split (Mike can elaborate on this), and DUMBO could use another station besides York (the main one) and High (which is more for those on the southern side of the Brooklyn Bridge). Im thinking in the Tillary St area.

Guest lance25

That's an easy one TwoTimer. I'd put one at Union Avenue on the Jamaica line with connections to the (G) at Broadway and close the Hewes St and Lorimer St stations.

how about:

Manhattan Avenue-Central Park West on the (2)(3) trains, transfer to the (B)(C) trains at 103rd Street via passageway.

5th Avenue-63rd Street (F) train

10th Avenue-Park Slope (F)(G) trains

5th Avenue-Sunset Park (D) train

89th Avenue- Jamaica Hospital (J)(Z) trains

Bronxdale Avenue-White Plains Road (5) train

Allerton Avenue (5) train

Eastchester Road (5) train

66th Street-Central Park West (B)(C) trains

Aqueduct-133rd Avenue (A) train

just a few, ii was bored :P

Ave S (:P(Q)

Borough Hall (or wherever is nearest there on the current track layout) for (B)(Q) maybe (D)(N)

7th ave and 36th st (or whatever street is on the current track layout) on the (D)

Add Grand Army plaza for (4) and (5)

More another time.:cool:

Edited by Abba

Ave S (:P(Q)

Borough Hall (or wherever is nearest there on the current track layout) for (B)(Q) maybe (D)(N)

7th ave and 36th st (or whatever street is on the current track layout) on the (D)

Add Grand Army plaza for (4) and (5)

More another time.:cool:

Wait 7th Avenue 36th St!? The (D) doesn't touch 7th Avenue and 36th st and there SHOULDN'T be a stop between 9th avenue and 36th st because there is NO room....

If an official Bronx <4> would come into play why not put switches at Fordham to make as an express station

Woodlawn via M track to Fordham then runs via local bypassing 183rd and switching back over at Burnside then straight to 149th.I saw a pic on subway.org with switches thats not currently at Fordham today.

Add 96th Street for the (A)(D) along Central Park West. I think that's equidistant between 59 and 125th Streets.

This isn't possible with the current track layout. The uptown and downtown lines are stacked along the park. There's no way to get the (A) or (D) to stop at 96th.

In other news, my infill stations:

Avenue T (:P(Q)

Neptune Ave (B)(Q)

3rd St (N)(R)

7th Ave South (C)(E)

Tillary St (F)

Atlantic Ave (F)