Staten Island Expressway, finally done

N6 Limited

How long ago were the noise walls put up?  2013 was the last year I remember the old SIE with no walls, the Willowbrook stubs still being up, and the old Brooklyn-bound exit 15.

Parts of the SIE have had walls up for years, though I didn't find them all that aesthetically pleasing.  The parts that have been around for a while are mainly located in Rosebank over by Fingerboard Road. I'm sure that they've since installed them in other areas along the SIE.

Physically. I field-tested the concrete they used in the caissons for the posts. Don't underestimate the strength of a little guy.  ;)

LMAO! Luckily for me I just finished my organic tuna tartine before reading this, otherwise it would've been on the computer screen in my office from laughter.

Well, considering my long-term career goals, it shouldn't be that shocking. I like transportation, I was offered a job on a transportation infrastructure project, and the rest is history.

Plus, I found out chicks dig it when you tell them you're a construction worker, so there's that.  ;)

......Plus, I found out chicks dig it when you tell them you're a construction worker, so there's that.  ;)

In this post-feminist society? They do? Last time I checked, they don't think highly of them; the whole stigma of the standing around in hard hats & cat-calling (office chicks) & what not.....

In this post-feminist society? They do? Last time I checked, they don't think highly of them; the whole stigma of the standing around in hard hats & cat-calling (office chicks) & what not.....

Well, those angry feminist types with the short hair, I'm not attracted to anyway, so it's a moot point for me. Of the ones I do go after, I've never seen a girl get turned off by me mentioning my occupation. So at worst, it has a neutral impact. 

The X17C has always been fantastic when I've used it via the SIE.  There's usually not tons of traffic in the HOV lane anyway. For a while you had people that clearly didn't have enough folks in their cars jumping in that lane, but I suspect that they started cracking down more often.

Aren't you forced onto the upper level of the VZ Bridge when using the HOV lane?

Archived