"Another" Brawl on the Subway....

Via Garibaldi 8

The (2) and the (5) in the Bronx is the worst.  It goes through some of the most crime ridden areas of the city (excluding the one stop that they make in Pelham Parkway and Morris Park).  All of the other stops are just insane.  I used it once in the Bronx and said never again... I take the express bus anytime I have to go to Morris Park or anywhere in that vicinity.  Panhandlers all over the place and not just the regular ones... These were clearly druggies doped up.  Additionally, the trains crawl through the Bronx to get to Manhattan.  I've never had a more depressing subway ride, and believe me I've been on trains with two of three homeless people in a car and that ride still was one of the worst that I could recall.

Man you don't know when to quit huh ?  <_< When's the last time you've been to the middle of our fair Country? The Bronx is Malibu compared to parts of Chicago, Memphis, Detroit i've gone through and trust I stick out! there's level's. If you're too petrified to ride the (2) or the (5) just steer clear we won't judge. I've seen my fair share of druggies up in Burlington on a trip last month. I think you're embellishing just a tad!

Man you don't know when to quit huh ?  <_< When's the last time you've been to the middle of our fair Country? The Bronx is Malibu compared to parts of Chicago, Memphis, Detroit i've gone through and trust I stick out! there's level's. If you're too petrified to ride the (2) or the (5) just steer clear we won't judge. I've seen my fair share of druggies up in Burlington on a trip last month. I think you're embellishing just a tad!

Um... No, not at all... Parts of the Northeast Bronx are known to be some of the worst crime wise.  If you don't trust me, just take a trip uo to White Plains Rd by Gun Hill Rd and walk from there and keep heading north, and you'll stick out just fine.  :D  :lol:

Um... No, not at all... Parts of the Northeast Bronx are known to be some of the worst crime wise.  If you don't trust me, just take a trip uo to White Plains Rd by Gun Hill Rd and walk from there and keep heading north, and you'll stick out just fine.  :D  :lol:

Yeah I agree you have to be aware but it's not that crazy... Ive done 233rd if you mind your business people tend to mine there's. Ive had gun's pulled several times in Memphis and Baton Rouge.. Very few places in New York at that level. When you put it in perspective the city's fairly safe.

As much as I ADORE my (5) line, the South Bronx Section is the worst. Best time to ride the train through this is during midday around 10 or 11am. I expect this wildness from the (2) train because crazy s**t (excuse my language) breaks out more on that train than the (5).

This story article takes me back to two weeks ago, on the Bronx-bound (4) Train when a BF/GF were arguing on the train, at 86 St, it got so bad, train crew held the train in the station, and had to wait for the police to get them of the train.

On YouTube, I saw this video of one lady cursing out some other lady with her son, on the WTC-bound (E) Train over a seat. Look up and watch “Mind your business on the (E) train”. It was funny but at the same time sad, because the lady that did all the yelling had serious issues.

As much as I ADORE my (5) line, the South Bronx Section is the worst. Best time to ride the train through this is during midday around 10 or 11am. I expect this wildness from the (2) train because crazy s**t (excuse my language) breaks out more on that train than the (5).

This story article takes me back to two weeks ago, on the Bronx-bound (4) Train when a BF/GF were arguing on the train, at 86 St, it got so bad, train crew held the train in the station, and had to wait for the police to get them of the train.

On YouTube, I saw this video of one lady cursing out some other lady with her son, on the WTC-bound (E) Train over a seat. Look up and watch “Mind your business on the (E) train”. It was funny but at the same time sad, because the lady that did all the yelling had serious issues.

You talk about that video, I know of one that is almost nothing that I experienced in the bronx. This actually one of my favorites to watch. It shows some person picking on someone, then the person tries to leave with some help. Afterwards goes a massive back of 3v1, back when the (G) had R46s:

Note the spam of nigga in the video.

You talk about that video, I know of one that is almost nothing that I experienced in the bronx. This actually one of my favorites to watch. It shows some person picking on someone, then the person tries to leave with some help. Afterwards goes a massive back of 3v1, back when the (G) had R46s:

Note the spam of nigga in the video.

I remembered that video. The guy with black jacket was very mouthy and for that, three people ganged up on him and gave it to him good.

I remembered that video. The guy with black jacket was very mouthy and for that, three people ganged up on him and gave it to him good.

Yep. That person deserved it imo. Being a jackass for no reason. But this this behavior is everywhere, even Manhattan. And queens at times. No way to stop it unless pigs fly.

I can dig it. We've all seen some crazy stuff over the years it happen's!. There's six million riders daily the incidents we see represent's but a fraction of ridership. Nothing we can do about the outliers!.It's when we start grouping people and not identifying people as individuals simply because don't feel the need to do so because we lack the capacity to do so that I have a problem with. Not calling you out in particular just saying overall.

I can dig it. We've all seen some crazy stuff over the years it happen's!. There's six million riders daily the incidents we see represent's but a fraction of ridership. Nothing we can do about the outliers!.It's when we start grouping people and not identifying people as individuals simply because don't feel the need to do so because we lack the capacity to do so that I have a problem with. Not calling you out in particular just saying overall.

That's the point I am trying to make to VG8. There is no need to generalize an entire area of the Bronx because of stories, experiences, or videos. Not everyone acts like that.

That's the point I am trying to make to VG8. There is no need to generalize an entire area of the Bronx because of stories, experiences, or videos. Not everyone acts like that.

All I'll say is I have eyes and I'm in the poorest areas of the Bronx weekly, so unless I'm going blind, I know what I see.  <_<

Yeah I agree you have to be aware but it's not that crazy... Ive done 233rd if you mind your business people tend to mine there's. Ive had gun's pulled several times in Memphis and Baton Rouge.. Very few places in New York at that level. When you put it in perspective the city's fairly safe.

lol... 233rd street could be in Woodlawn for all I know... Of course it would be fine (I know from experience).   :lol: Try White Plains Rd and say 219th street and get back to me.

Maybe Upper Westchester and Dutchess?  My mom lives near Katonah I've seen my fair share on the Harlem Line atleast.

It would seem class is in short supply nowadays. :mellow:

I have seen some pretty epic brawls on the Harlem line. The last train out of GC on the weekends is when they typically happen. I remember a fight that spread to two cars. I had to walk up to the the third train from the end to get out of there. MTA police stopped the train at Fordham and cleared everyone out of the last two cars and questioned them. Eventually people were arrested and the train proceeded on about an hour later. 

All I'll say is I have eyes and I'm in the poorest areas of the Bronx weekly, so unless I'm going blind, I know what I see.  <_<

lol... 233rd street could be in Woodlawn for all I know... Of course it would be fine (I know from experience).   :lol: Try White Plains Rd and say 219th street and get back to me.

Fine ill take the ride later this week.. and walk from 219 to 225th I can take photo's if you like? Just say the word!

Fine ill take the ride later this week.. and walk from 219 to 225th I can take photo's if you like? Just say the word!

At night in the summertime, not in the day time next week...  :D  :lol: Being so street smart, you should know that the bad areas tend to be tolerable in the winter time... Too cold for the hoodrats to be out and about for long periods of time. 

Just saw that video again where the guy with the umbrella walks up to the group recording him says something to them then they commence a beat down on him, "why ya set it on me for?" hahahaha. I love that video. Anyway I didn't read this entire thread but if I may add my two cents. When riding the subway the best thing to do when situations like this come up is to move to another car or even take the next train if possible. Some people live for this sort of thing, don't get involved in any of this nonsense. I've been on the LIRR and the MNRR plenty and most fights or arguments I've seen involve drunk people who would otherwise behave if they weren't under the influence. On the subway, don't mess with anyone but especially females. Females in groups small or large. Females of any race, color or any perceived financial situation.

Just saw that video again where the guy with the umbrella walks up to the group recording him says something to them then they commence a beat down on him, "why ya set it on me for?" hahahaha. I love that video. Anyway I didn't read this entire thread but if I may add my two cents. When riding the subway the best thing to do when situations like this come up is to move to another car or even take the next train if possible. Some people live for this sort of thing, don't get involved in any of this nonsense. I've been on the LIRR and the MNRR plenty and most fights or arguments I've seen involve drunk people who would otherwise behave if they weren't under the influence. On the subway, don't mess with anyone but especially females. Females in groups small or large. Females of any race, color or any perceived financial situation.

I don't ride the subways much these days, and when I do it's for very short distances.  When I use MNRR, it's usually either peak trains, or semi express trains that skip certain stops, so your chance of getting on a train with riff-raff is significantly reduced.  The higher cost, along with the fact that it skips certain neighborhoods means a much more civilized ride.  There are a few MNRR trips that skip past the stops in the South Bronx entirely and don't stop until Spuyten Duyvil.  Those trains tend to be nice and quiet, and most of the people getting off are Riverdalians or those in Westchester.  On the Hudson Line, the only really crappy stop outside of the Yankees East 153rd street stop, the University Heights stop and the Morris Heights stop is the Yonkers stop and then the Poughkeepsie stop, but few trains go directly to Poughkeepsie anyway.  Most of the other stops are in well-to-do neighborhoods like Croton-on-Hudson (the Croton Harmon stop).  

Damn, talk about uptight. I think the puppet was right: He's mad 'cause he ain't gettin' none.  :lol:

He's not being uptight, if the ventriloquist didn't have a puppet and he was just talking like that to the guy, there would problems. Subway trains are for transportation, not begging, not making shows, not making a scene. Even if you liked a particular performance and it brightened up your day, it becomes a nuisance if you see it every day. Even if you enjoy helping the homeless, it becomes a nuisance when that person is walking around a crowded car asking for money everyday. Hell I've seen em wake people up to ask them for money.

He's not being uptight, if the ventriloquist didn't have a puppet and he was just talking like that to the guy, there would problems. 

Which is a moot point, because he did have the puppet.

Subway trains are for transportation, not begging, not making shows, not making a scene. Even if you liked a particular performance and it brightened up your day, it becomes a nuisance if you see it every day. Even if you enjoy helping the homeless, it becomes a nuisance when that person is walking around a crowded car asking for money everyday. Hell I've seen em wake people up to ask them for money.

Alright, but where is the indication that the ventriloquist was going around to the same guy at the same time every day? We're not talking about a homeless guy waking people up, or some guy physically harassing anybody. The guy's just cracking some jokes for a few minutes.

I dunno, maybe the guy was having a bad day or whatever, but if he's so insecure that he thinks his girlfriend is going to leave him for some random guy with a puppet or whatever, that doesn't bode well. There's a difference between letting people walk all over you, and kicking back and having a few laughs.

Archived