The City by the Bay

-insert blah about not being posting things for awhile and whatnot. I need to lurk through the forums a bit harder, like how I used to do it before-

So recently, (more like 4 months ago) I have moved from the "small" city in Stockton, to the City by the Bay, San Francisco so I can continue my education. Sadly I can't drive, so I go for the next best thing (kind of but close enough), public transportation. Now, it's nothing like NYC in terms of size, but there's enough to get the job done. 

I do plan to take more pics (if I remember) of other buses, especially the newest addition to MUNI, their XT60s, which have been tested and put into revenue service just recently. I just need to find the time.... So for now, a mix of 40-footers to 60-footers of Neoplan, Orion and New Flyers buses and Breda LRVs.

BUSPIC4.jpg

DSC_0034.jpg

DSC_0037.jpg

DSC_0046.jpg

DSC_0036.jpg

DSC_0099.jpg

DSC_0017.jpg

DSC_0041.jpg

BUSPIC2.jpg

BUSPIC1_1.jpg

DSC_0015.jpg

DSC_0070.jpg

DSC_0074.jpg

BUSPIC3.jpg

DSC_0064.jpg

Awesome..shot's  Why are the buses running on the Jadah (N) and Market (F) thought only the owls ran buses?. Lived in the Bay Area for about 5 years. Im there 3 times a year at least. Glenpark in SF and San Jose

For the N-Judah, they were running buses between Ocean Beach and Church because of construction on the Sunset Tunnel this past weekend. There were probably LRVs on the Market Street tunnels, albeit, a pretty short run.

For the F-Market, they're running buses between Ferry Plaza and Castro due to the Super Bowl festivities that are running for two weeks. There are still streetcars on the Embarcadero from the Plaza to Pier 39. 

Great pics.  Old Neoplans .... thought those would have been the first to go, not only given age but due to the hatred of fossil fuels within the area.

Then again, noticed plenty of cars on the streets, so good to see hypocrisy is alive and well.

Archived