What routes would you like (or expect) to see cut next?

If NICE bus dont want N33 then NICE bus should give it to the town of long beach like MTA did with N69. 

I think that's the idea. The city could extend their West End route over to Far Rockaway (or alternate trips, or however they want to work it).

The only question is how it would work with the transfers. I don't see anything about transfers on their page. I would assume you're currently allowed to transfer for free between LBB routes, and between LBB and NICE routes, but I don't see anything official.

The other question is, what happens to the fare? Would they charge $2.75 on the trips out to Far Rockaway, and $2.25 on the short-turns to Nevada Avenue?

Im inaccord with q101 via Steinway

Having to hand over the n33 to the city of Long Beach is possibly the best idea and it would save the elimination bound n33 and be saved by a long beach city based funding as with NICE it would just die

Also the base fare would be a debate. ..ok $2.25 is the optional fare and must be paid at the dismount...why i say this well is quite easy to explain

The n33 must pay the $2.00 toll fare at exiting Atlantic Beach and thus enters queens (NYC)

The fare would be $2.25 prior to the toll plaza and $2.75 past the Toll plaza. ..thats right a bus ride intra county (Long Beach and Atlantic Beach) would be $2.25

Don't forget that the n69 goes all the way to Point Lookoot outside of thr city limits of Long Beach. And in conclusion the n33 won't be closed doors in long beach as it would consolidate with the west loop

Im inaccord with q101 via Steinway

Having to hand over the n33 to the city of Long Beach is possibly the best idea and it would save the elimination bound n33 and be saved by a long beach city based funding as with NICE it would just die

Also the base fare would be a debate. ..ok $2.25 is the optional fare and must be paid at the dismount...why i say this well is quite easy to explain

The n33 must pay the $2.00 toll fare at exiting Atlantic Beach and thus enters queens (NYC)

The fare would be $2.25 prior to the toll plaza and $2.75 past the Toll plaza. ..thats right a bus ride intra county (Long Beach and Atlantic Beach) would be $2.25

Don't forget that the n69 goes all the way to Point Lookoot outside of thr city limits of Long Beach. And in conclusion the n33 won't be closed doors in long beach as it would consolidate with the west loop

N69 is closed door in long beach like N33 is now. I do not think consolidation of N33 and west loop will happen. 

Does the n69 allow for local travel between, say, Lido Beach and Point Lookout? Transferring it to Long Beach Bus might not be too bad an idea (not an extension of the existing west loop)

Don't forget the n33 has a toll on its route.

Does the n69 allow for local travel between, say, Lido Beach and Point Lookout? Transferring it to Long Beach Bus might not be too bad an idea (not an extension of the existing west loop)

N69 allow for travel outside town of long beach like in your example. You are not allow to ride N69 inside the town of long beach, you must use east loop bus instead. 

But the N33 has no alternative either and along with MTA's Q22 is very useful for getting to brooklyn via transferring to Q22/35 or (A) . N33 needs to time better with the (A) or flounder. If it went to freeport the N33 can have links to the N35 and other useful bus routes from freeport.

But the N33 has no alternative either and along with MTA's Q22 is very useful for getting to brooklyn via transferring to Q22/35 or (A) . N33 needs to time better with the (A) or flounder. If it went to freeport the N33 can have links to the N35 and other useful bus routes from freeport.

The Far Rockaway branch of the (A) isn't utilized much by the people who live in the Rockaways. Ridership on that line seems pretty weak when compared to the number of people who use the first to stops of the E and F at Jamaica. Even though I've done the whole n31/32 To Mott Av (A) many times when I want to get into Brooklyn without touching Manhattan, I've never seen people who got off the bus at Central and Mott do the same. I usually get the impression that many people who use the n31/32/33 are living in Far Rockaway proper, or need the Q22 for that last leg of the trip.

Where are you getting the idea to send the n33 to freeport from? Are you looking at the amount of people who take the n4 to Five Corners to transfer to the n31/32 for a bus to the Rockaways?

Ehhh the (J) train goes to Brooklyn without touching Manhattan (all stops before Marcy ave)

The residents of Far Rockaway see the LIRR as a ghost transit. ..virtually nobody boards the far rockaway line west of the Lawrence station. ..why i say this is because the q113 serves as a better and cheaper alternative to go to Jamaica and hence transfer to the (E)(F) and go to penn station or parallel stations of kew gardens forest hills Woodside east NY Nostrand ave and Atlantic Terminal. ..as one inside the subway system you can transfer from one train to another w/o paying a separate fare...so a Far Rockaway resident heading lets say to Midtown would take the (A) train and arrive at 1h30 counting the waiting time at mott ave station or take the q113 to Jamaica and transfer to the (E)(F) and arrive same location at the same time accounting that the q113 ride is one hour plus 35 minutes to Midtown. .i guess the q113 ride benefits riders going to Jamaica and intermediate location as well as northernbBrooklyn by way of the (J) train although one can easily take the (A) to Broadway junction and easily transfer to the (J)

in conclusion extending the n33 to Freeport won't benefit nothing although it can revenue the loss of the n36 service but it's all up to NICE

The Far Rockaway branch of the (A) isn't utilized much by the people who live in the Rockaways. Ridership on that line seems pretty weak when compared to the number of people who use the first to stops of the E and F at Jamaica. Even though I've done the whole n31/32 To Mott Av (A) many times when I want to get into Brooklyn without touching Manhattan, I've never seen people who got off the bus at Central and Mott do the same. I usually get the impression that many people who use the n31/32/33 are living in Far Rockaway proper, or need the Q22 for that last leg of the trip.

Where are you getting the idea to send the n33 to freeport from? Are you looking at the amount of people who take the n4 to Five Corners to transfer to the n31/32 for a bus to the Rockaways?

That may be part of it it is just a small case but there are other reasons too such as to reduce needed transfers and improve connections with other buses and long beach. But yes many do switch between the N32/31 and the N4 this N33 to freeport will actually be faster due to the speed of the N33 in long beach. I noticed that poor transfer opportunities also has a negative impact on ridership in areas like Nassau people have less tolerance for many transfers. Plus it would be cheaper to operate them as one route as well.

The Far Rockaway branch of the (A) isn't utilized much by the people who live in the Rockaways. Ridership on that line seems pretty weak when compared to the number of people who use the first to stops of the E and F at Jamaica. 

Eastern Queens/Jamaica area has a higher population and many more buses which come from as far as  Hempstead and Freeport which serve those Jamaica Stations.

The problem is that people tend to take the n32 then the q22 at the terminus (n31/32, q113/4) and conclude their trip since for most an (A) train departs every 20 minutes at times that is not rush hours (10 minutes in peak hours) and the q22 passes nearly coordinated with the (A) line and also it makes more intermediate stops and goes all the way to Roxbury limits (Beach 169 st )

Ehhh the (J) train goes to Brooklyn without touching Manhattan (all stops before Marcy ave)

The residents of Far Rockaway see the LIRR as a ghost transit. ..virtually nobody boards the far rockaway line west of the Lawrence station. ..why i say this is because the q113 serves as a better and cheaper alternative to go to Jamaica and hence transfer to the (E)(F) and go to penn station or parallel stations of kew gardens forest hills Woodside east NY Nostrand ave and Atlantic Terminal. ..as one inside the subway system you can transfer from one train to another w/o paying a separate fare...so a Far Rockaway resident heading lets say to Midtown would take the (A) train and arrive at 1h30 counting the waiting time at mott ave station or take the q113 to Jamaica and transfer to the (E)(F) and arrive same location at the same time accounting that the q113 ride is one hour plus 35 minutes to Midtown. .i guess the q113 ride benefits riders going to Jamaica and intermediate location as well as northernbBrooklyn by way of the (J) train although one can easily take the (A) to Broadway junction and easily transfer to the (J)

in conclusion extending the n33 to Freeport won't benefit nothing although it can revenue the loss of the n36 service but it's all up to NICE

It would attract more ridership to the N35 by creating new trip possibilities without needing the LIRR. Like Baldwin to long beach currently requires 2 transfers if not near LIRR station plus a 3rd if going to areas along N33. You may get a small increase in ridership due to easier access. Far rockaway LIRR is pathetically infrequent is the main reason people ignore it at hourly headways it is essentially useless.

LIRR should truncate the farrockaway branch to Inwood

For what? To save on a few blocks worth of ROW maintenance? You're also removing the transfer for whatever few riders are taking the Q22 or (A) over to the LIRR (and yes, I know the n31/32 go to that general area), as well as whatever few riders are coming from that part of Far Rockaway (e.g. Redfern Houses)

These proposals reek of a certain "rte" master.

I think we've all figured it out by now.

To be honest not sure how to respond or care do you have a degree?

But then again how else can the N36 become useful? As it is it is useless and serves a bunch of nothing. N33 is isolated with few meaningful connections at this rate they will both go bye bye. But then again nobody cares.

But then again how else can the N36 become useful? As it is it is useless and serves a bunch of nothing. N33 is isolated with few meaningful connections at this rate they will both go bye bye. But then again nobody cares.

I would like to know how this information of the N33 and N36 started from.No way would they cut the n33 I know it was on the chopping block in 2010 or 2011.

To be honest not sure how to respond or care do you have a degree?

I can't click on your profile anymore, so I'm assuming you got banned, but what does a degree have to do with anything here? It's just a bunch of proposals or discussion by riders, spectators, or previous drivers. I don't see any active NICE drivers contributing here. Unfortunate really.

I would like to know how this information of the N33 and N36 started from.No way would they cut the n33 I know it was on the chopping block in 2010 or 2011.

What makes you think they wouldn't cut it? Like what's your basis for thinking that?

He was asking me if I have a degree, and yes, I do, but I would have known it was him even if I didn't have one.  Frankly, it shouldn't take one to figure out who he was.  The "saitama" in his name gave it away but I was all but certain he changed... sad.

I've been seeing more and more empty seats on buses.  None of this will improve.

I can't click on your profile anymore, so I'm assuming you got banned, but what does a degree have to do with anything here? It's just a bunch of proposals or discussion by riders, spectators, or previous drivers. I don't see any active NICE drivers contributing here. Unfortunate really.

What makes you think they wouldn't cut it? Like what's your basis for thinking that?

I want some actual proof to see if they are really cutting it or it's just a internet rumor.The n33 is to important to the residents of long beach Atlantic beach and far rock they depend on that route to go to jobs like any other route does.If they do cut it it would be a very bad backlash from long beach to Nassau county even though Denise ford lives in long beach I just don't see them cutting it.The nursing homes would be impacted by the cut if it were to happen so before anyone talks about the n33 walk around long beach look for ur self and see how much nurses get off at beech and grand going to the grandell and the thee nursing home across from city hall.before I start sounding like Pinepowerli God help me I just want to check out the n33 and see for self why it should not be cut.I don't believe in rumors I want proof of this until I see it then I'll believe it.

I always thought the N36 would be more useful if it was extended west via E. Rockaway Rd through Hewlett & Mill Rd to Green Acres instead of to Lynbrook.

I want some actual proof to see if they are really cutting it or it's just a internet rumor.The n33 is to important to the residents of long beach Atlantic beach and far rock they depend on that route to go to jobs like any other route does.If they do cut it it would be a very bad backlash from long beach to Nassau county even though Denise ford lives in long beach I just don't see them cutting it.The nursing homes would be impacted by the cut if it were to happen so before anyone talks about the n33 walk around long beach look for ur self and see how much nurses get off at beech and grand going to the grandell and the thee nursing home across from city hall.before I start sounding like Pinepowerli God help me I just want to check out the n33 and see for self why it should not be cut.I don't believe in rumors I want proof of this until I see it then I'll believe it.

At the same time, they had no qualms about cutting routes like the n73 & n81 that are vital for network coverage.

Archived