CTA Cleaner Transit Authority

Jsalcedo718

• 3 months later...

CTA's work in the department of Stations. I'm a Station Supervisor, so any questions you have I can answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CTA's work in buses too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anybody work in this Dept or have any information on this dept? I have a few questions...

I may answer any questions you have regarding this title for CTA's working in the Department of Stations. They also working the Surface Division. But I'm sure the job is pretty much the same in both departments.

hi Will,

Where are they getting CTA's from?(car cleaners or stations). I heard rumors but not sure which is true. I am thinking you would know...thanks...how have you been by the way? congrats on SS1. you could message if you want...

hi Will,

Where are they getting CTA's from?(car cleaners or stations). I heard rumors but not sure which is true. I am thinking you would know...thanks...how have you been by the way? congrats on SS1. you could message if you want...

They've been pooling CTA's from multiple sources nowadays. They get them from WEP mostly, promotions from Traffic Checkers, people whom took the last S/A exam that didn't have their list numbers reached yet, people who took the Trackworker exam who's list number didn't get reached yet. And finally demotions from other titles. There could be other places, but I don't ask where folks got hired from. Since they don't offer a civil service exam for the title anymore, every new cleaner hired is "Labor Class" employees. And being a S/S I ain't that bad. , especially now that I'm in mobile wash.

They've been pooling CTA's from multiple sources nowadays. They get them from WEP mostly, promotions from Traffic Checkers, people whom took the last S/A exam that didn't have their list numbers reached yet, people who took the Trackworker exam who's list number didn't get reached yet. And finally demotions from other titles. There could be other places, but I don't ask where folks got hired from. Since they don't offer a civil service exam for the title anymore, every new cleaner hired is "Labor Class" employees. And being a S/S I ain't that bad. , especially now that I'm in mobile wash.

thanks for responding.....i heard they were taking resumes for certain titles (cleaner, property protection agent....) someone mentioned seeing someone downtown. 

thanks for responding.....i heard they were taking resumes for certain titles (cleaner, property protection agent....) someone mentioned seeing someone downtown.

I doubt they're hiring cleaners through resumes. But for Property Protection they do take resumes for OA agents. TA agents take a civil service exam to be hired.

Archived